Blade vortex, pathfinder, and CI are getting nerfed

If we were going to fair and balanced nerfs: (Also stop bundling together a ton of separate things, it creates a tsunami of nerfs)

Flasks meta:
Unique flasks = Nerf the shit out of them, they already imbalanced in general. Keeps power creep down and nerfs Pathfinder without nerfing them directly.

Pathfinder: If above nerf isn't enough, make their charges on unique flasks have a CD or less effective on unique flasks.

BV meta:

Blade Vortex = If the flasks meta nerf isn't enough to tame blade vortex, we need to only nerf blade vortex when they are abusing flasks. If anything nerf the duration of bladevortex when not hitting enemies, directly nerfing the clear speed since you can't keep up 10 stacks constantly while whirling blades around the map.

CI vs Life:
This requires a rebalance if gear/skill tree in general having nothing to do with the previous things.

Leech issue:

This been a core issue of the game from the start, having nothing to do with CI or Life.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 13, 2016, 3:11:38 PM
BV is ok skill. Try to play it with assassin or trickster or anyone else, but NO pathfinder

Main problem is in PF passives + extremely strong potions, that aren't mentioned to be used too often, but with PF passives it has 90% uptime and, more importand, has absolutely no rely on your kills! Your potions are just always up! The one can even to set up keyboard macro on pressing potion buttons (all of them!) every few seconds!
Nice balance, GGG!
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 13, 2016, 5:20:56 PM
I think part of the problem with CI being so meta right now is the essences. With the next league not having easy ways to get ES gear I think CI will be much less meta. I'v already crafted multiple helms in this league that are 350+ ES with resist ect. Most leagues I'm lucky if I even get one above 200.
Generally items like these are selling for 1ex+ in essence league they sell for like 5c if that.
Forum cryhards in full effect
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
I think part of the problem with CI being so meta right now is the essences. With the next league not having easy ways to get ES gear I think CI will be much less meta. I'v already crafted multiple helms in this league that are 350+ ES with resist ect. Most leagues I'm lucky if I even get one above 200.
Generally items like these are selling for 1ex+ in essence league they sell for like 5c if that.

Yes, I can see this being an issue too. Makes late game ES builds more accessible early in the league which can be quite problematic and the current meta does not help the cause.

I hope essence does not reach core game or at least be balanced to the point it would be much less of a factor.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

They added lvl 16 maps but left most of "old" builds untouched. They could focus on builds that were designed to work with lvl 15 maps. Atlas of Worlds changes were designed to lvl 16 maps and should stay as they are.

:)
As I said in another thread about this neither ES nor PF need nerfs. Even BV DPS doesnt.

The issue is pathfinders perma flasks and running at 100%+ more effective than anyone else flasks that only works well with BV due to hit rate which keep you perma flasked. It's the perfect synergy. They already nerfed BV hit rate 50% used to hit 2x a sec per blade now once. Didnt do the trick. Then they limited blades to 20 instead of 50 still didnt work. I'm sure they will dial it in balance soon. 10 blades would put a serious damper on this build. Thats what I think happens.

If you talk about nerfing ES, Flasks, PF itself fucks up tones of builds and unforeseen consequences just to nerf one build. Dumb choice. BV hit rate is the main issue and all that needs address.

Dont belive me? Try substituting BV for slower EK and face tanking shaper/uber with all that ES.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 13, 2016, 7:43:31 PM
Everyone who said "nerf BV skill instead of tone down PF passives or uniq flasks power" just playing (mostly fapping) pathfinder+flask+any_active_skill builds.

Or, did u wanna say, that BV is only problem? Really? So, cyclone woldn't do the same stuff? Or any COC build? Or bow-pierce/chain build? Pfff, cool story!
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 13, 2016, 7:54:32 PM
"
SilverWF wrote:
Everyone who said "nerf BV skill instead of tone down PF passives or uniq flasks power" just playing (mostly fapping) pathfinder+flask+any_active_skill builds.

Or, did u wanna say, that BV is only problem? Really? So, cyclone woldn't do the same stuff? Or any COC build? Or bow-pierce/chain build? Pfff, cool story!

Coc activates twice every second at best.
I don't think cyclone can achieve perma flask but I could be wrong.
Bow builds probably cant either.

The issue is the interaction between master surgeon and blade vortex. by themselves, they are nothing. Nerfing flasks in general or ES is a short sighted and lazy approach at fixing the underlying issue.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
And nerfing the path finder talent would just make path finder literally worthless without it like they my as well switch the class lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info