Incinerate went full flame surge...
Well isn't this a fresh skill?

*d3 cough cough*

rofl @ ur sig
"
Koolaid_Man wrote:
ummm thats D3 wizard archon, gg stealing blizz stuff

The community wanted this skill, GGG gave in and made it for us. :p
I also heard there are fireballs in other games and movies.
... is not a troll
"
Koolaid_Man wrote:

Yeah. And I suppose D3 stole it from Torchlight, huh? And Torchlight stole it from...you get the picture. Laser beams cutting through mobs is a pretty standard type of damage-dealing mechanism in games (and not just ARPG's). It's pretty much an archetype - and archetypes aren't owned by anyone. So no, this isn't stealing. If anything, I'm surprised PoE has taken so long to implement something so common, especially given that it already had similar skills in it - Searing Bond and Incinerate (which everyone is now getting upset about it copying since it's also fire).
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 7, 2016, 2:56:07 PM
"
Koolaid_Man wrote:

Sorry, not the same thing even if they're the same laser-like concept.

Sure, they're the same principle, but come on, how many different attacks/magic effects can you really add to an ARPG before someone claims a developer is ripping off another developer. These effects look different and act different, even if it's the same principle: a character shoots out a laser-like beam that rotates with them. You might as well accuse Logitech of ripping off the concept of a keyboard from IBM.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 7, 2016, 3:00:11 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
That what you quoted was meant for flameblast totems exclusively.

Totems keep casting incinerate, even if max stacks are reached, and they keep spamming wither just fine.

You ripped your quote out of context, that's the problem here.

Ah, good catch, thanks. I did get the wrong info.

So the only thing left is to compare the DPS of a Spell Totem and Incinerate channeled vs Flame Totem.

I'm not sure if the targeting of incinerate is going to be faster or not than flame totem? The animations of flame totem may lie a bit as to when an enemy is actually getting hit by it. Because Incinerate channeled looks a heck of a lot more accurate. But then again, animations may be misleading.

The targetting of incinerate is basically instant when you compare it to that beam, which appears to be pretty clunky.

Even if totems have a lower tooltip, you might still be better off using them, because they allow you to move and evade, while the totem deals continuous damage, if you self-cast, you will either deal damage, or evade. So you may end up dealing more effective damage when you use it with a totem, or maybe even totems, because two beams cover more area than one beam does.

But then again, maybe this skill extremely tooltip-dps dependent, to compensate its lackluster aim. Basically the biggest issue with this beam is that, the closer the target is the more you need to turn to be able to hit it.

Like I said, I don't see this skill being useful outside of boss-battles, which make up like less than 2% of the time you spend in this game while actively playing. So that's why things like this always make me laugh:

"
Exile009 wrote:
Guys, let's just please all agree to ignore the 'clear speed or GTFO' trolls. They critique almost every skill in the game. And almost every area in the game that isn't Gorge-like. We've heard it all before, so let's just pass em' by, please. Feeding them achieves nothing.

Yeah, yeah.... The clearspeed-trolls. You mean those trolls who kill/and farm shaper first? You mean those trolls that regularly sell items like shav's, GG-rares, and the likes on poe-trade so you can buy them, after saving for like 2-3 weeks? You mean the very same clearspeed trolls who are the first to get their 6-links? You can't possibly be talking about the clearspeed trolls which you pay to get your challenges done while playing in a league, or are you? Or are you referring to those clearspeed trolls who reach lvl 90+ first? I don't know what clearspeed trolls you are talking about, actually. Can you explain why clearspeed does not matter in an ARPG with an RNG-based loot-system? Fuck me, I'm really curious now...

Look, nobody's telling you to play this game in a specific way, not me or anyone else. If you think that skill is fun to use, by all means, use it to your heart's content. But if you claim that clearspeed isn't the most important factor in this game, when it comes to gaining exp and generating loot, you're lying to yourself and everybody else.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Last edited by Sure_K4y on Oct 7, 2016, 3:02:38 PM
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
Guys, let's just please all agree to ignore the 'clear speed or GTFO' trolls. They critique almost every skill in the game. And almost every area in the game that isn't Gorge-like. We've heard it all before, so let's just pass em' by, please. Feeding them achieves nothing.

Yeah, yeah.... The clearspeed-trolls. You mean those trolls who kill/and farm shaper first? You mean those trolls that regularly sell items like shav's, GG-rares, and the likes on poe-trade so you can buy them, after saving for like 2-3 weeks? You mean the very same clearspeed trolls who are the first to get their 6-links? You can't possibly be talking about the clearspeed trolls which you pay to get your challenges done while playing in a league, or are you? Or are you referring to those clearspeed trolls who reach lvl 90+ first? I don't know what clearspeed trolls you are talking about, actually. Can you explain why clearspeed does not matter in an ARPG with an RNG-based loot-system? Fuck me, I'm really curious now...

Look, nobody's telling you to play this game in a specific way, not me or anyone else. If you think that skill is fun to use, by all means, use it to your heart's content. But if you claim that clearspeed isn't the most important factor in this game, when it comes to gaining exp and generating loot, you're lying to yourself and everybody else.

Nope. Never claimed any of that. Way to build a strawman. I merely said that not being the most efficient does not mean a skill/area/anything else shouldn't be in the game and/or shouldn't get development time and/or should be changed to fit their style of play, which is precisely what clear-speed trolls say every time some new thing is added to the game that doesn't satisfy their requirements. They may not tell us to only play their builds, but they sure do tell GGG very often who to design the game for. They can play their builds, so long as they don't expect the entire game to be designed to cater to them (and no, I haven't seen that attitude from their opposites, the 'hipster builders' or even the majority of casual players playing pretty normal builds).

Simply put, I'm not complaining about clear-speed trolls in the game, I'm complaining about clear-speed trolling in the forums (and Reddit). It gets repetitive and smacks of entitlement.

And no, I'm not gonna be drawn into an argument over this. Good day. :)
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 7, 2016, 3:33:38 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:

Nope. Never claimed any of that. Way to build a strawman. I merely said that not being the most efficient does not mean a skill/area/anything else shouldn't be in the game and/or shouldn't get development time

Had you said that, it would have been an entirely different matter.

"
Exile009 wrote:
They may not tell us to only play their builds, but they sure do tell GGG very often who to design the game for. They can play their builds, so long as they don't expect the entire game to be designed to cater to them (and no, I haven't seen that attitude from their opposites, the 'hipster builders' or even the majority of casual players playing pretty normal builds).

Well, I mean, when you look at the fastest clearing builds, the selection of skills is actually pretty limited. Let's not argue about what is OP and what isn't, and what's broken and what isn't. Let's be fair here, if you want to go for clearspeed there's not much to choose from. You have your bladevortex, vortex, maybe flameblast and ED, and summoners for a start of a league. Everything else is depending on finding good weapons, or simply sub-par. So I think it's fair to say that people who are going after clearspeed, don't get all that much love, when you compare the skills used to the number of skills available.

Now, I'm not all about clearspeed, but I can tell you for a fact that playing a faster clearing build is more satisfying in the long run. And the way that I see it, the faster clearing skills may get balanced towards the slower clearing skills, rather than the other way around. When you look at the 2.4. melee buffs and nerfs, earthquake in particular, this pattern is already recognizeable. And I'm not gonna lie, I find that kinda scary.

That being said, I'd rather GGG releases skills which can be pushed far enough to be relevant for clearspeed oriented players, instead of releasing skills which can't be pushed as far, be it because of base-dmg, or be it because of how new skills work mechanically.

I think that, if you want to draw in and keep new players, you will also want to provide them with satisfying tools, which feel rewarding to use, and responsive to play, rather than having skills in the game which are lackluster, or maybe even underwhelming. Look at what you start with as a templar, the first skill you get is one of the worst in the entire game, and experienced players discard it as soon as humanly possible. The same thing applies to the marauder, or the shadow (Though some niche builds make good use of viperstrike, newbies won't). Then you see that players step into one noob-trap after another, because the game is littered with reduntant skills and support gems, relics of old, so to speak. And this new "pyro-lance", or whatever it will be called, kind of fits here as well, to a lesser extent maybe, but given the footage we've seen, it's most likely a tier 3 skill, tier 2 at best, and I highly doubt that it would qualify for tier 2 overall.

"
Exile009 wrote:
Simply put, I'm not complaining about clear-speed trolls in the game, I'm complaining about clear-speed trolling in the forums (and Reddit).

And no, I'm not gonna be drawn into an argument over this. Good day. :)

Well yeah, I would kind of agree, but I'm sort of inbetween the lines when it comes to discussing things like this.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Last edited by Sure_K4y on Oct 7, 2016, 3:57:13 PM
My planned warchief character already has a boner. Any info on what type of skill it's gonna be (I assume tags are atleast fire and spell,and probably new channel tag?)
looks sexy time make some Fire builds while w8ing for this one <3 cant w8(drooling on the keyboard -->):Q..|
What would be the best class to run this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info