Channelled Skill Teaser Video

I am prepared.
in video, is that Searing Touch?
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
Please tell me it has Shaper MTX?

Also what could the other 2 even be? A few I can think of is a short range attack but we already have Incinerate. Maybe a channeled Bow skill which offers crazy single target damage? Or maybe a completely defensive skill for party play where you channel a bubble which provides a very good boost to damage reduction?

There's many ways a channeled skill could work. Flameblast is quite different to Incinerate, for instance. You provide two possibilities by thinking of different categories of skills - bows and defensive abilities - but you could get a different skill even within the category of offensive spells like this one. For an example, consider my suggestion here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1750357
Maybe the other channeled skill is Blade Flurry.

It's an unreleased Channeling Attack/Spell where you can get up to 16 stacks (when you stop channeling or reach max stack) and you consume all those stacks to damage all the enemies inside the Circle.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Maybe the other channeled skill is Blade Flurry.

It's an unreleased Channeling Attack/Spell where you can get up to 16 stacks (when you stop channeling or reach max stack) and you consume all those stacks to damage all the enemies inside the Circle.

Sounds too much like Blade Vortex, albeit with an explosion rather than a stream of circling blades, to me.
Awesome :)
Chris already says in one of podcast one of 3 new channeling skills will be: LASER! :D
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
not interest. looks boring to use and will probably be OP.

GGG can't hit em all out of the park. Still glad they keep trying
cause they've pulled off the equivalent of a bank heist to cloister
us all here and keep us out of the hands of "Big Gamer"

you cant school blizzard every single patch.
I hope to see two channeling gems such as

Tornado
Spell, AOE, Channel, physical
Quality= increased movement speed
Deals physical
Has reverse knock back effect (vacuum- very small effect see below on how to increase this mechanic)
XYZ-XYZ damage per second/per stack at eye wall

A. Faster cast increase rate at which tornado EF Level increases up to maximum of EF5
(Spell echo no effect)

B. AS Stack level increases DPS goes up by a factor per stack; up to maximum stack of 5

C. AOE damage decreases at a rate as you move away from center of effect.

D. Increase AOE skill gem increases AOE radius ( Q gem increases damage at center and subsequent damage as you progress out form the center of skill; damage reduction as you move farther away from center still applies however damage at center is higher thus damage at X radius is higher.
Slimier mechanics for Concentrated effect.

E.Knock back gem increases effective vacuum effect.
Knock back ( aka vacuum in this case) effective distant is more pronounces at center of tornado,

Note. effective prock rate for knock back/vacuum is a set value for each stack increasing as stack increases ( will need to be balanced correctly to still give visual effect but not be to overpowered). if player is skillful in placing/channeling spell directly on target the ability to hold enemy in place is a huge mechanism with this skill therefore the player should be rewarded for smartly placing/channeling effect.

Skill can be targeted and be moved on screen while channeling; movement of skill increased per quality level.

Stack level increases visual effect and effective AOE

Skill can be used with totems.

Hurricane,Typhoon,Cyclone
Spell, AOE, Channel, cold ( maybe cold+physical)
Quality= increased movement speed
Deals cold damage
Has knock back effect
XYZ-XYZ damage per second at eye wall

Basically same mechanics as above; knock back is in different direction, This skill has larger AOE then tornado but to offset this larger AOE has less damage.

Knock back is now outward from center of storm NOTE Empire's Grasp will turn knock back out ward into vacuum.

This would lead to two skills that would have slimier programing behind them. but have two different damage methods and visual effects.
Zero survivality on voltile blood. I'll rip that thing a thousand times. Pls for fairness to us melee user, could you guys lower the damage or take it off on -player maximum resistance map mode? It's always appear on that mode, it's really annoying thing.

P.S
That thing is more than a bosses when it comes to damage!!!
Last edited by 2pher on Oct 8, 2016, 12:18:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info