Channelled Skill Teaser Video

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Bjarmfark wrote:
A chanelled beam is exactly what i always wanted for PoE. Lets hope its not nerfed to the ground as it is introduced...

Well, the usual cycle is that new skills are introduced OP (so you'll get some time to have fun with it), then nerfed - either to be balanced or into the ground. Either way, you will get some time to enjoy it. :)

If you're right you can count on me enjoying it alot :)
LAZOR CANNON DETH SENTENCE!
Looks HC Viable.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
dark_elvis wrote:
totem build incoming :D

No info on whether channeling will work with totems. My guess is no, which would be a shame. This skill on a totem would make flame totems almost obsolete, and we'd be comparing the one socket gem loss to the gain of this disintegrate-like skill's DPS.

EDIT: just looked the patch notes, mechanics, and wiki, will not be that great with a spell totem...
"
Totems: When linked to Spell Totem, the totem stops channeling automatically at max stacks.

That what you quoted was meant for flameblast totems exclusively.

Totems keep casting incinerate, even if max stacks are reached, and they keep spamming wither just fine.

You ripped your quote out of context, that's the problem here.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Last edited by Sure_K4y on Oct 7, 2016, 2:02:58 PM
2slow man
Laser? Really?
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
That what you quoted was meant for flameblast totems exclusively.

Totems keep casting incinerate, even if max stacks are reached, and they keep spamming wither just fine.

You ripped your quote out of context, that's the problem here.

Ah, good catch, thanks. I did get the wrong info.

So the only thing left is to compare the DPS of a Spell Totem and Incinerate channeled vs Flame Totem.

I'm not sure if the targeting of incinerate is going to be faster or not than flame totem? The animations of flame totem may lie a bit as to when an enemy is actually getting hit by it. Because Incinerate channeled looks a heck of a lot more accurate. But then again, animations may be misleading.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
flame beem sweet

Never been a fan of channeled skills, and even less so in POE, in which movement is generally life.

Take a few steps, stop and channel clunky skill....few steps, stop and channel... Not a very fun playstyle, tbh.

Not excited, looks like a waste of resources to me, but hey, if it gets some of the fanboys hard and they throw money at GGG that in turn goes to server quality improvements, I'm all for it.
ummm thats D3 wizard archon, gg stealing blizz stuff
IGN : FourTwenty_Yolo_BlazeIt
Twitch : www.Twitch.tv/187RIPgaming
"We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism. The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness and harmony." -Donald J. Trump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info