Channelled Skill Teaser Video

New incinerate?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
i wonder how often it hits? if its capable of hitting one enemy several times a second, with conversion to chaous and poison it could be sick. also, how will channeling skills work with crit?

Depends on the skill's damage effectiveness. Also, we already have Channeled skills, they are called Flameblast and Incinerate. Compare it with those.
gonna have to make this pretty damn strong to compete with any of the "good" abilities people are building around right now. Channeled skills come with a lot of natural baggage, I'm thinking we'll only see double totems using this (for now).
"
SiegfriedXX wrote:
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
SiegfriedXX wrote:

19 pages Comments that do not understand the meaning behind "channeling"?

All ask like Incinerate.. but wtf...#

Its not a projectile!!!

It is channeling!!!!!!

There come new support gems for that new type of skills.

Look who's talking... You are the one who doesn't know a thing about these mechanics. Educate yourself before acting like a big shot. Flameblast, incinerate, and wither are channelling skills already. See for yourself: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Channelled_skill

Ok again for you:

Fireball cast 1 proj. with a duration. - if you hold down the key, the skill repeat at the cast duration math.

Incinerate do the same! But the duration is shorter and the damage will increased over time the key is pressed.

Both are Project. So in real there are many proj. that seems like one beam but it isnt a real beam. Only Incinerate got now additional the channeling typ.

The new Skill isnt a Proj. its a real beam I think the type is Area, Spell, Channeling
Its like a small long area spell, that deals damage over time if someone stay in that area.
The Special: you can move that Area by your Mouse.

Its the same mech, like the clound by Vortex , this could cant moved, but the new skill position can move by your mouse.

That mean you can play that DoT Effects more flexible.

Dude, either you read the 2.4.0 patch notes, or you read the wiki, or you keep embarassing yourself, your choice.

"Channeled" can be anything, you can channel a stream of projectiles (Which is what incinerarte does), you can channel and AOE skill (Like flameblast or wither), or you can channel this new skill, which also is an AOE in a straight line.

Learn to read what people write. The channeled skill system IS ALREADY IN THE GAME, the only thing is, that these spells do not yet a "channeled-tag", and there are no passive nodes specific to channeling. Nevertheless channeling has been introduced with the AOW-expansion, the problem is you just didn't catch it, and now you're trying to be a smartass.

Read the link I provided, read the 2.4.0 patch notes, then we can talk again, OK?

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
dark_elvis wrote:
totem build incoming :D

No info on whether channeling will work with totems. My guess is no, which would be a shame. This skill on a totem would make flame totems almost obsolete, and we'd be comparing the one socket gem loss to the gain of this disintegrate-like skill's DPS.

Channeling already works with totems, because the difference between channeled skills, and non-channeled skills has been introduced with 2.4 already. Is there nobody here who reads patch notes? You can cast flameblast, incinerate, or wither with totems, and those are already considered channeled skills.

In the 2.4 patch notes there is one big-ass head line saying: Introduced channeled skill system, and it clearly states that wither, incinerate and flameblast are to be treated as such already.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Last edited by Sure_K4y on Oct 7, 2016, 10:59:01 AM
Skill effect looks kind of cool but you should add "on hit" effect to make it feels better when hitting enemies.

Also it looks like there is Cloak of Flame 3D art and self ignite action. :)
"
Sure_K4y wrote:

Dude, either you read the 2.4.0 patch notes, or you read the wiki, or you keep embarassing yourself, your choice.

"Channeled" can be anything, you can channel a stream of projectiles (Which is what incinerarte does), you can channel and AOE skill (Like flameblast or wither), or you can channel this new skill, which also is an AOE in a straight line.

Learn to read what people write. The channeled skill system IS ALREADY IN THE GAME, the only thing is, that these spells do not yet a "channeled-tag", and there are no passive nodes specific to channeling. Nevertheless channeling has been introduced with the AOW-expansion, the problem is you just didn't catch it, and now you're trying to be a smartass.

Read the link I provided, read the 2.4.0 patch notes, then we can talk again, OK?

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
dark_elvis wrote:
totem build incoming :D

No info on whether channeling will work with totems. My guess is no, which would be a shame. This skill on a totem would make flame totems almost obsolete, and we'd be comparing the one socket gem loss to the gain of this disintegrate-like skill's DPS.

Channeling already works with totems, because the difference between channeled skills, and non-channeled skills has been introduced with 2.4 already. Is there nobody here who reads patch notes? You can cast flameblast, incinerate, or wither with totems, and those are already considered channeled skills.

In the 2.4 patch notes there is one big-ass head line saying: Introduced channeled skill system, and it clearly states that wither, incinerate and flameblast are to be treated as such already.

1. im not your dude, maybe you are my? -> i think you know what i mean
2. i said that incinerate isnt the same like this new one. Hit and DoT isnt the same? Dosend matter if channeling or not,
Maybe I did not express myself correctly
3. atm is channeling a "name" that goes to 2-3 skills, the "name" isnt ingame atm, only a poe 2.4 said that, and the poe wiki.

But important to that "new" type of ingame skills, whats about new ideas linked to that...:
flame wall, bone or vines-wall
maybe also some new kind of damage? Holy/light, Dark, Nature, Magical?

Well.. while people are firing their lazors it looks more like a jet torch to me :D For laser would have been nice to make it thinner, give it more "focused stream of energy" feel :D

It would be nice if this skill also came with option to disable that target locking or it could be a bit of struggle to use it while it locks on to something but you want to swipe it.

I wonder why the big ellipsoid was needed at start of stream.. it makes the whole thing look like ... ehm.. nevermind

Also the rare at 0:10 that survived the initial sweep seem to be set on fire.. but it doesn't look like ignite as they stop burning when die.
BEAM!! headshot
Okay guys this is what we are going to do to get it nerfed: get a lot of AoE from skills/passive skill tree/gear, run alpha's howl, get some mana reduce points on the tree get to 5000 life or ES get attack damage or fire damage leech get res on boots/gloves run 1 eye of innocence get yourselve ignited run The Retch run 1 emberwake and 1 mokou's embrace 1 apep's rage run either another wand or weapon that goes with it that you like.
Hello guys.
Unless this skill has built-in armor/all res and a proximity shield the longer you channel it, there will be no reason to ever use this skill.

Channeling doesn't work in a game with low drop rates where clear speed = decent loot.

This is a gimmicky leveling skill at best.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info