What are the excuses you heard the most when trading

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I don't get it when people list their item as a 'buyout' instead of an exact price, and then complain when people make them offers.

If you don't want offers, why not list as 'exact price'?

I don't get why people let it affect them when someone offers lower than their price in ANY case, what a petty little thing to react to. Any smart person will try to get the best deal they can, if you don't like what they have to offer send them on their way and be done with it.

When someone offers something different in the initial whisper message, that's fine.

The problems come when people do it in other ways.

Scenario 1

You have people who will change the number from poe.trade, trying to convince you that you have it listed for less than you actually have it listed for. Example:

Hi, I would like to buy your Awesome Sword of Awesomeness listed for 10 chaos in Essence (stash tab "~15 chaos"; position: left 6, top 1)

In that case, you are stating I have it listed for 10 chaos when I really have it listed for 15 chaos (which is obvious based on the tab name). If you do that, I assume you're trying to scam me and I block you. If somebody has their tabs named something else ($, for sale, etc...), then they either need to know offhand what they're selling it for or look at the note on the item. The seller may or may not notice the note and sell the item for less without realizing that they got scammed.

Scenario 2

This is the person who sends you a standard poe.trade message wanting to buy something. Example:

Hi, I would like to buy your Awesome Sword of Awesomeness listed for 15 chaos in Essence (stash tab "~15 chaos"; position: left 6, top 1)

Glad to sell your item, you leave your map to go do the trade (because 15 chaos is definitely worth your time and a map portal). You grab the item, invite the guy to your party, and initiate the trade. Then the guy puts 10 chaos in the window and goes "I offer 10 chaos".

In this case, you just wasted a map portal and your time on somebody who said they wanted to buy item without indicating that the buyout was too high for them. That wastes your time (if your price is firm) and a portal.

While Fixed Price can, in theory, help this problem, most people who engage in this behavior don't care if it says Fixed Price or Buyout. It dissuades people who want to engage in bartering, but people who want to scam you don't care what it says.

My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
xyz been listed for 3 months.

to which I retort I only play every 3 months you dummy

take it or leave it i dont need sale

I much prefer honestly in my ppl that low ball. Liek just say I offer 3ex instead of 5ex and be done with it. I will say yes or not. simple short sweet. dont wanna hear story of ur life. I'll never sell to that person at discount pretty much with any excuse

[Removed by Support] You personally may or may not need the sale but it can help both the buyer and seller, and I have used it both ways. Sometimes its nice to point out to a seller his item has been listed for a long time and nobody is buying it.

I also like it when people point it out to me. I don't go through all my public tabs every day and sometimes a buyer will tell me "hey you've had this listed for 3 weeks, can u do xxx." Then I take a quick look at what it is, if I don't remember putting it in the tab, I give them a discount, and if I am not sure I look it up on poe.trade myself.

I do not need, nor want crap sitting around collecting dust (much better for it to be turned into coin). It does no good to me when the league is over. If nobody is buying my item at a certain price after 1-2 weeks then my prices need to be adjusted.

On a similar note, I do the opposite for freshly posted items. If my item has been on the market for 45 minutes and a buyer is trying to squeeze a deal out of me that fast--not going to happen. I let things sit at their initial price for at least a few days.
Was looking for Regals a few minutes ago on poetrade. One guy had 10 regals listed for 1c...good deal!

Do the copy whisper..."he goes 10r for 1c? lol 1:1 dude"

Thats what you had listed buddy. Cya
"
Arrowneous wrote:

If enough 1000s of players boycott mtx to protest that we want asynchronous trading then maybe some one will sit up and take notice. So far this has not happened.

You won't find 10 paying customers who care.
"You are in a different league. Sorry."

Seriously. If you are not going to trade because of that, then toggle the public button to off in the stash tabs for that specific league..

Its really rude to have your tabs shown for public in poe trade when you refuse to trade at all due to different leagues.
Permanent Hardcore only.
I recently switched leagues to do a 1c trade (didn't realise I had a 1c item for sale on Standard, but oh well - I listed it so it's my fault). But once I got into the league and partied up, the buyer asks if I would take fusings instead of chaos...

"
"
Arrowneous wrote:

If enough 1000s of players boycott mtx to protest that we want asynchronous trading then maybe some one will sit up and take notice. So far this has not happened.

You won't find 10 paying customers who care.

I'd be surprised if you can find 10 paying customers who use the trade system, but don't want asynchronous trading.

Nobody's going to boycot MTX over it, though. That would be pretty weird and unrelated.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Sep 30, 2016, 2:08:07 AM
I've got a really good way of replying to people I think either ask too much or for discounts: "No." This forces them to counter offer or it just ends the conversation. Problem solved. Giving a reason is like making an excuse.

It's either a "Yes, I accept" or "No."

Easy.
'Just sold'
3 hours later or the next day still shown in poe.trade...
Mostly stories about being poor. Sure i can make a deal, but at least put some effort in it. If you try that while having 50+ pure ex up on trade to flip and other highly valuable items it isnt going well with your 25% discount.

But i guess one can try.
More a behavior than an excuse i can't accept really, is messaging me entering hideout to finaly put a different offer or alternate currencies in tab without asking first.

End in a: Welcome to my ignore list

100% of time.

Happened one time with a guy streaming back in days i got messaged by 15 peoples insulting me after ignoring him. Really ?

Other excuse i have troubles with is message like " Hi i saw you was selling xxx for xxx chaos i think you know nothing about the market let me explain you how it work ... "
Answer is simple: Yeah yeah explain me but in the mean time for each min of explanations price is doubling. Do we have a deal ?
Granted things like that happen 1 time on 10000 trades but still ...

Fuck haggling. Want to play not spending time to haggle i've enough of one work yet.

Honestly the only thing that matter for me now is:

1/ Trading improvements. It should be a priority like performances improvements are actualy.

or

2/ Remove trading from the game at this point.

This is a shame that a quality game like PoE suffer from some prehistoric design like this. It could be so muchh better ...
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info