What are the excuses you heard the most when trading

My most common response if i dont feel like trading or am bussy:

Him:" Hello i would like to buy xyz in zyx stash for yzx price?"
Me:" "
Him:"Hello are you there?"
Me:" "

No trade - not my problem GGG wrote retarded implementation of /autoreply that needs to be recreated after each zone.. For some reason /dnd works in every zone.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
So, as someone who trades a lot and thus is on both sides of the equation, I understand when I dont get a response from people. Because, I opt to not respond many times. Whenever I am in a different league than the person who wants to buy my item, I will generally ignore.

Too many times have I replied to be polite and say: I am sorry, "I am in Standard", or "Sorry I am in Essence" to get the response of: "Will you swap over?"

"No... I just told you that I am in a different league and dont want to swap."

"It will take you 1 minute, dude. Just swap. Dont be an asshole."

"F*** you... I have told you twice now, I am not swapping. It isnt worth it for me to interrupt what I am doing to sell you a 1 chaos gem."

People are entitled and obnoxious. If everyone would simply say: "I understand, no worries!"

I never would have stopped responding. But because people are obnoxious, I now no longer respond unless it is a 10 C or larger trade, in which case it is worth it to me to swap.

When people msg msg msg msg msg I just click the ol ignore button.

Obviously trading creates awesome interaction as intended by GGG :P
My ignore-list isn't that big, but changing the auto-text from PoE Trade will get you there in an instant. Won't even let them produce an excuse.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"Not worth it for me to switch leagues, sorry."

:/
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
"
"Not worth it for me to switch leagues, sorry."

:/

Actually, that one does bug me. But moreso because it's an ironic waste of my time and not just theirs. Double standards.
(in general chat, after the player in question was called out on spamming random trading stuff)
"sorry, trade channel is broken for me"

Tbh, that's the closest I've come to trading in POE so far. Except maybe for looking at the public party tab in merc highgate, seeing 99% trade parties and deciding to just solo dried lake.
PoE has a beautiful, rich, detailed world - you can really feel the skill which went into crafting it.
The game mechanics on the other hand leave much room for improvement.

I buy so many crap and common things are usualy:
AFK
DO not respond

Now the worst are thos with no price, people who have no idea of whats nerfed ricently...

So i whana buy boots, offer him dicent price 10c, his item is not priced and he end up asking 30c. When i tell him, ther plenty 1-7c of same he rise price to 55c...

Thing is ther like 10-15 same boots for 1-7c, i give offer for slightly better rools becouse whay not? Usual response when they face reality is rise price, ignore, rage, pull item from trade. What the hell is point of trade?

Then there are thos special snow falke that price items like 25-55 exalts.. I just wonder some time.

Also ther are still some special people who get offended becouse you add them to frend list to know when they come online to buy item. They like, you whana be frend with me??? like hell no you perv...

Worst expiriance of all are no price items, fail reality check players with prices that are like 10x higer min and thos who live game afk all day runing.

Priceless listings are the worst.

I've tried a few times to talk to guys with priceless listings. Now, I don't do a lot of marketeering, and don't have an amazing intuitive grasp on the exact fair price of a lot of stuff. I'll be up-front and say this: "I'm not really good at market pricing or trading, but I'm interested in this item. What would you consider to be a fair price for it?"

I get one of two replies: dead silence, or "offer" (or the classic "Player is AFK").

Silence is aggravating but at least has the benefit of informing me that the seller is uninterested in the sale.

"Offer" has one and exactly one purpose, in my mind: the seller wants people to overpay for their item and is hoping they find a sucker. They will then either ridicule you or ignore you if you fumble up a 'lowball' offer because YOU LEGITIMATELY DON'T KNOW WHAT "LOWBALL" IS FOR THE ITEM IN QUESTION, or they take you up on an overly high 'sucker' price a fair lister would never have accepted. There is no other logical reason for not naming a fair starting price for your item if you're not interested in discussing price manually. There is no fair and equitable use of the word "offer" in a pricing discussion.

Either price it, or be prepared to talk about pricing in a fair and reasonable manner if you don't want to set a specific buyout price.

That's what annoys me most in trading.

If you're unwilling to put a price on your stuff, set up a catch-all "1c" or "1f" tab, or some other breakpoint buckets you can just dump stuff into. If you want people to treat you with respect and courtesy, offer it to them first. Believe people when they say they're not market masters and would like a general ballpark to start from on a piece of kit they're looking at. Worst case, you end up blocking someone after a minute's rudeness.

Best case? You make a sale.

Everything stems from simply respecting other players' efforts and time. I'm not going to be offended if you quote me a price I can't afford for your piece of kit; I'll simply thank you for your answer and move on. I'm not going to hassle you over something I plainly can't afford; I've got better things to do with my time than piss you off and ensure you never sell me the thing I'm looking for - like going out and working on grinding currency so I CAN pay you!

Seriously. Seriously.

It.

Drives.

Me.

Nucking.

Futs.
Last edited by 1453R on Sep 30, 2016, 6:02:27 PM
@1453R

You point about no price listings is spot on. Whenever I don't post a price when somebody asks I alt tab to poe.trade and look up similar items and state a price right then and there and just ask for an offer if they are comfortable making one while they wait.

Just last week I tried to buy a non priced item for the second time that day. First item the owner did what I usually do and his price was waaaay too high for my budget. It was worth a decent amount so I can't really complain. The second guy came back with the "offer" response. I politely said nevermind since I didn't want to be blasted for lowballing and said I would look elsewhere since there were many options with prices. Could tell the person was somebody waiting for over offers. Didn't even respond back to my reply. Makes it pretty obvious they were hoping to get more than it was worth and didn't care that I left without an offer since I at least didn't "lowball" them.

In my view, anybody who asks for an offer should be muteable or something for responding back to "lowball" offers in negative ways really. If you aren't willing to put at buyout for it, you should be fully aware that you are inviting people to want to get a deal/ not know what things are worth and thus try to get a deal. Most people are inclined to get the best deal they can so what is stopping us from offering 1c for an item worth 10ex but has no price tag on it? For all you know, the item is only worth 1c to that person due to them wanting it for super cheap/flipping it/ignorance and don't know a GG item from just good. If you ask for an offer how about you f'ing counter offer? It took me forever to get into trading at all because buyouts didn't seem to be as common in the past because everybody was being scumbags:

"Ummm... 15c?"

"ROFL! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE LOWBALLER!"

"Then can I know how much it is worth to you for future reference when looking at other items? I don't know the pricing on these types of roles.

*ignore listed*

And hence I took forever to learn prices because nobody would price their items and look for over offers. Took a break from playing and all that experience left me so I still don't know what items are worth what if they are priceless. Since there is no standard pricing in game that item is worth x currency for me because I am on a budget I am going to offer x currency. I don't care if other people have similar rares listed for 10ex that haven't sold in weeks, I am going to offer x. Honestly shouldn't be so rude about it unless you actually have a counter offer to state.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I know a lot of people are temperamental when it comes to trading. Mostly, this is because people get frustrated when they feel their time is mismanaged. In relativity, I don't think anyone is an exception here. Personally though, as long as an effort is there to be communicative about the product, I don't really mind either way.

I don't mind if someone changes their listing price or offers a lower amount than what I have listed. As long as the person I am attempting to deal with is responsive.

However, there are variables to consider. Such as, how long has the item been listed? Potentially, players will have an item for sale that has been in listing for the same price. EX: 4 weeks. It hasn't sold, and you notice this, so in turn, the buyer offers less, or what that person believes it's worth. Quite frankly, if this did not occur, a lot of items would prolly never sell. Forever listed, and forgotten.

Moreover, sometimes people incorrectly list things. They dump it in haste, or just overlook what the item is worth. Then, when it comes to a buy/sale they may notice the discrepancy and adjust their offerings/sales accordingly. This is frustrating at times, obviously, but in all honesty, it's just logical to assume that it will happen.

For the most part, it really boils down to communication. Unfortunately, a lot of people lack the social skills necessary to adapt to these situations and their brain implodes.

Such is life.

Either refuse the offer, or accept the offer y/n. End the conversation or haggle.

Logically, any other course of action will only forfeit more of your time. Which is one major factor in why people get frustrated in the first place. Why you hitting yourself man?

SUPPORT TAGS LIMIT REACHED!!?? - Fine then....
twitch.tv/amity13
Last edited by AmityXIII on Sep 30, 2016, 8:11:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info