What are the excuses you heard the most when trading

all messages that dont lead to a trade. crappy system in the first place. trades should be like 5secs or less
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:05:27 PM
I like that POE.Trade shows how long an item has been listed. It really helps when you have to tell someone they are overpriced. Nothing like seeing something has been posted for weeks to let the seller know they are probably over priced.

I never understood the thinking of keeping an item in the stash instead of selling it for a little less than the price posted.

I recently sold some dagger that I didn't have a b/o on. The guy messaged me and offered what I thought was too low (10c). I came back higher, he came back closer to his number. Although I knew I still wasn't getting as much as I probably could its not worth the stash space to hang on to, not knowing if you will get your price anyway, over a few c. No reason to keep $ locked up in inventory for 99% of the items.
Last edited by whitelytning on Oct 4, 2016, 10:51:45 AM
never excuse just ignore
I get this quite often and this was a conversation from yesterday:

@To somerandomplayer: Hello. I'll buy your Lion's Roar listed at 10 Chaos.
@From somerandomplayer: hi, i mispriced it but dont want to be rude.. will u take it vs 13?
@To somerandomplayer: I'd buy it for what it's liste at. Otherwise, not.

The dude or dudette didn't respond anymore.

If (s)he genuinely mispriced it, that's understandable. As often as I get this, I doubt it to be the case. They more than likely priced it lower to get the attention and possible quicker sale.
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:06:19 PM
When the seller says "offer" I reply with "no thank you"

99% of the time the seller has a price in mind but will wait to see if your initial offer is higher than they expect.
"
When the seller says "offer" I reply with "no thank you"

99% of the time the seller has a price in mind but will wait to see if your initial offer is higher than they expect.

This is a mistake. Study after study shows that the party that starts negotiations end up closer to their price the majority of the time. Its called "anchoring" there are books on it.
The worst for me is the lame gits who stick 1alc at the end of the copy paste poe.trade message then scream.. READ THE MESSAGE... when you say no.

Just trolls hoping you hit accept so they get it cheap.
Why the fuck can't you just buy what you want IN GAME? Trade=the very worst of poe.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info