What are the excuses you heard the most when trading

"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I had the opposite happen. I was the seller of a 21/20 gem which I had listed for 5ex. Someone offered me 4ex for it so I went and checked the prices for it on poe.trade. Realized that my 5ex price was 2ex lower than the rest on the market. So I relisted it for 6ex. If the buyer had just paid the 5ex I had set I would have just sold to him without checking. Now he doesn't get his item anymore and the price has increased. I'd rather not sell an item than sell to someone who offers me a lower amount when I'm already the cheapest on the market.

Who on earth pays 5ex for a 21/20 gem?

I've not really had any big problems with trading but then again I don't do that much of it and most of my trades are like 1-3c items.

I did get a killer deal on a Heretic's Veil last league. Copy pasta'd the poe.trade message and said at the end "willing to take alt currency? chaos, fuses and regals". In the end I got this 6ex item for about 5.6ex because the seller was in a good mood and gave me awesome exchange rate on the chaos.
The whole idea of offering is just bad.

You put an item up for sale, so obviously you have an idea of what you want for it. And before you say you don't always know, if I were to offer too low, you'd never accept it. So! If you know an offer would be too low, you know what you want for it and could/should have just put a buyout.

I mean seriously, what do you expect? People are going to offer 10ex for a 1c item? Or do you just enjoy laughing at offers YOU deem too low? I don't see the point.

Wasting everyone's time every time you say "offer" including your own. (x_x)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
whitelytning wrote:
I like that POE.Trade shows how long an item has been listed. It really helps when you have to tell someone they are overpriced. Nothing like seeing something has been posted for weeks to let the seller know they are probably over priced.

I never understood the thinking of keeping an item in the stash instead of selling it for a little less than the price posted.

That doesn't mean the item is overpriced.
If the person doesn't login that much or trade that much (maybe runs a lot of lab or whatever), he might have items listed for a long time despite price being alright.

I don't understand people who need to message someone telling their item is overpriced.
It's their item and if you see items listed for a lower price, then buy those instead?

Someone did that exact same thing to me telling my item is listed for a "wrong price" and I told to go buy it from someone else. Then after some hours I sold it for the price listed.

And personally my experiences with trading have been quite similar to most people here.
I don't know if I'm in the minority or not (and it doesn't matter) but I prefer the current human interaction over some automated trading system.
Automating trade will obviously make it a lot faster but it will also give a huge advantage to people who use bots for sniping. Now it isn't that easy even though possible to some extent.
I wanted a Blade Vortex gem 20% quality level 1 but price were insanely high.
Started to look for 13% quality and up instead, contacted a guy that had one for sale, no buyout.
He said 1 chaos, I was like wow this is very low, told him I'll take it.
Guy says I'll log off and contact you again, the guy was playing league and logged off to do a 1 chaos trade, gave him 3 chaos and thanked him a lot for doing this trade. Not all traders are bad traders.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
You look like one of those douches that doesn't put the price on poe.trade and when a person offer you say the are lowballers.
IGN gubert

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info