[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

Norse could you update the passive tree?
"
ANALizKALa wrote:
They just nurfed EQ more than other skills. It is really sad. I can say that they nurfed ONLY EQ in radius lol... But buffed a lot of overpowered skills like BV.

Asked Norse for some area changes or changes to skill tree or aoe skill gem and he replyed>>>>: Personally have no clue, clearspeed will take a hit but bossing will still be fine

So this is my skill tree: www.poeurl.com/69U

Hey, thanks for posting your tree. You do not have much leech compared to the version of norse and it looks quite different. Can you explain in a little more detail why you chose this way? Where do you get leech and regen from?

is this build even still viable? I have max res and like 5k hp at lvl 70 and I am still getting destroyed.
"
robojhao4 wrote:
"
freaker811 wrote:
So I'm having a pretty good time with this build so far (playing HC) - I'm not following it exactly but pretty closely. I'm a little uncertain about where to go next - should I get any of the leech nodes in the lower right (vitality void)? I've seen people pick up hematophagy too.

may i know your EQ and warchief tooltip dps?

Hey sorry, currently EQ tooltip is 10.1k (with inc aoe) and warchief is 15.7k. I did manage to 5link that axe. Running herald of ash +enfeeble at the moment. I still have a ways to go (mostly wearing the same stuff I started merciless with except weapon+ a ring now) but it's working so far.
"
darqnyght wrote:
is this build even still viable? I have max res and like 5k hp at lvl 70 and I am still getting destroyed.

I just had a quick look at your gear, and there are a few easy changes you can make to increase your survivability. Note, I'm going to explain all my reasoning in this. I don't mean to talk down to you, I'd just rather explain something you already know than skip over something you don't know. It also helps others who might be having the same issues.

I'd swap blood magic for fortify in your leap slam setup. That'll give you 20% reduced damage from hits - a big change. Also swap Vulnerability for Temporal Chains in your curse set up. Temp chains is a massive survival increase. I'd also change your Cast When Damage Taken set up. Blind does nothing for this, but I think it does support Vaal Lightning trap. I don't think it's worth it just for that. I'd either swap Vaal Lighting Trap for Ball Lighting - that will cast when CwDT procs, and blind everything it hits. Alternatively, if you want to keep Vaal Lightning Trap, swap in Increased Duration to make your Immortal Call last a lot longer. Last thing with gems is you can swap Bloodlust for Concentrated Effect in your totem. Bloodlust gives increased damage vs bleeding mobs, but you don't have a way to cause bleeds yet (that comes with Atziris Disfavor), so it doesn't do anything at the moment.

Another good place to get survivability is your flasks. Try and get to a point where you don't need a mana flask. I'm roughly at the same place you are at the moment, I've taken another mana leech node, and Shaper for the extra mana regen, and I don't need a mana flask any more. I've also dropped back to a single quicksilver flask, with increased duration and quality rolled on it. The only places it's a problem is when I'm running across a cleared zone, otherwise it'll refill fast enough that I don't need two flasks. Now you have two flask slots free, I'd recommend a Stibnite and a Jade flask. Roll increased duration on your Jade, that way both flasks have roughly the same duration. (Another option is Granite and Basalt flask, but I think Stibnite and Jade is better.) Finally, grab a pair of Divine life flasks. You want at least one Bubbling (instant heal). My second life flask I generally use a longer duration, increased life gained flask, but another instant is not a bad choice. Just depends on what you prefer. I can go into a bit more detail about crafting flasks if needed.

To tie it all together, the way these changes work is this: Leap Slam into a pack, which will proc your fortify, and hopefully stun something to keep your endurance charges rolling. Your blasphemy will curse everything around you to be really slow, so incoming damage is a lot less. Hit earthquake immediately. I usually pop Enduring Cry here, because a second earthquake won't proc aftershock, so I might as well ensure I have full charges. This is also where you should pop your survival flasks. Go nuts on earthquake for a few seconds, drop your totem if there is a rare you need to kill. It's likely that everything will be dead before your fortify wears off. If not, leap slam, and redo the same combo. The last thing I'll say is that sometimes you just need to trust your leech. This build has massive leech if you're sitting there hitting things. Running around trying to regen with flasks will run out fairly fast. So against some mobs, you just need to man up and beat them down, trusting to your leech to heal up before the next round of incoming damage. Make sure your buffs are up, and just hit them hard.

Hopefully that helps a little :) Feel free to ask if there is anything you don't understand.
not sure if this has been asked befor , but can you DW with this build? do you do alot less dmg with it? ijust like WB for movment over leap. thank you
Hi guys,what do you think about this gloves?
Hey, just started yesterday with this Build.
Is there any reason why you dont use Blood Rage in your build ?
Hey there and thanks for the build, im currently leveling this in the new league i have a quick question. Which nodes should i be taking in the axe cluster on the far left in your, you have 2 different trees one in the leveling tips and one in the passives.
The one in the leveling tips takes cleaving, while the one in the passives takes slaughter. Should i be taking cleaving for leveling and then respec to slaughter? If so what level would you recommend doing that at. If not which of the two trees is correct?
Quick question for those who have dropped vitality void on their tree. Is one jewel with around .29% mana leech enough for you? Would I be more comfortable getting a second mana leech jewel before I spec out of Vitality Void? Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info