[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin Blade Vortex End-Game Build & Uber Farmer! [HC/SC]

is this still viable in 2.6?
Good for 2.6?
ty
How many DPS u have with Blade Vortex?
I have 1100 (x1 blade) and its so bad against mobs...
Skimming over the 2.6 change list, these ones influence the build:

* Vaal Discipline has been changed to no longer provide any bonus energy shield.

* You can now only have one instance of Blade Vortex active at once.

* Increased Area of Effect Support now grants 30% increased area of effect at level 1 (from 20% increased radius of area skills), up to 49% increased area of effect at level 20 (from 39%). This is a significant reduction to the area of effect provided by the gem.

* Concentrated Effect Support now has 30% less Area of Effect for supported skills (from 25% less Radius) and now grants 35% More Area Damage at Level 1 (from 40%) to 54% More Area Damage at Level 20 (from 59%).

Area of Effect Balance Changes
Spoiler

* In this update, we are removing the concept of "Increased Radius of Area Skills" and replacing it with "Increased Area of Effect" for all skills, items and passives. The broad impact of this change is that early increases to area of effect will be significant and impactful, while every subsequent point will be less and less noticeable. Previously, each point spent towards increasing the radius of area skills was better than the last, making accumulation of the stat far too desirable.

* Players who went out of their way to get as many sources of increased radius of area skills as they could will see significant reductions in their skill area of effect.

* With this change we are hoping to make increasing the area of effect for skills a meaningful, and eventually costly, decision.

* Blade Vortex's radius has increased from 14 to 15 units.

Haven't checked the passive tree or equipment changes. Someone else can do that.
So is blade vortex completely useless now with the changes?
This build uses only one BV so no worries about only one active.

AoE will be changes but overall it should be OK.

Vaal Disc still usefull - get instant ES recharge.
"
de99ial wrote:
This build uses only one BV so no worries about only one active.

AoE will be changes but overall it should be OK.

Vaal Disc still usefull - get instant ES recharge.

so Vaal Disc will recharge ES now
and no increase?
Why I bought two gems of it...
"
APEC wrote:
so Vaal Disc will recharge ES now
and no increase?
Why I bought two gems of it...

Vaal Discipline already recharges ES. Which is the main point of using it.
Now you just no extra maximum ES while it is in use.

Blade Vortex should not change much for this build. Mayhaps some less Area of Effect though?

Except for those of us who started to use 'Cast When Damage Taken + Blade Vortex + Power Charge on Critical'.
I'm not sure if the change is just the documentation to a bug found around 2.5.1 or so or the gem setup is now truly not applicable anymore. I'll test later.
Last edited by Songworks on Mar 2, 2017, 6:48:45 AM
The note about BV instances is a fix for this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1784293
And should finnaly fix the quad dmg BV set up i have bene using for a few months now.

It also makes power charge generation harder for some specs. However assassin and occultist are the most used asc for BV and they both get a pc generation from the asc.

There is always orb of storm. Dropping it down every 10+ secodns isnt that bad.

Aoe on BV will mostly go up especially early on. There might aslo be some changes with the use of conc effect and inc aoe gems.

I reccomend using this:
http://poecraft.com/legacy/aoenerf
Looks it may be somehwat accurate.
Last edited by platonicx on Mar 2, 2017, 2:37:10 PM
Any recommended changes to the passive tree with 2.6?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info