[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin Blade Vortex End-Game Build & Uber Farmer! [HC/SC]

So, I tried without the Increased Critical Strike Support and it didn't really work. I believe it is necessary to get to maximum power charges as quickly as possible.

Since with this setup the power charges are generated so quickly and often, I thought it might be possible to remove some nodes from the passives tree which increased power charge duration.

But there are only two of these nodes allocated in this build and both are required links.
Only one (middle of the witches tree) could be replaced with a +10 Intelligence, which doesn't really seem worth it. Pity. :(

Oh well, but running through maps is quite fun now. Nothing survives long, not even the bosses. :D

I'm currently still trying to get to level 88 (currently at 86), after which I'll try Atziri, Uberlab & each Breachlord with this build. I'll write back how it works out then. :)

Other than that, I'm really happy how this build worked it so far. Much better than the last one I tried (2h Cyclone Maurauder).
Last edited by Songworks on Feb 1, 2017, 11:06:41 PM
Hey I was wondering why you take the life/energy shield nodes that are straight below where CI is at on the passive tree. Since you dont take the only jewel spot that would reach it with a Energy From Within Cobalt Jewel. Im thinking of specing out of these.
I'm using the setup without increased critical strike, and it's viable... I try a map with ICS too, but i didn't notice great difference. I did another test, with OOS, and with this spell you will have instant max charge, but the fact that you need to cast it everytime it's problematic for me. BTW, I will do other test :)
"
Shurisan wrote:
Hey I was wondering why you take the life/energy shield nodes that are straight below where CI is at on the passive tree. Since you dont take the only jewel spot that would reach it with a Energy From Within Cobalt Jewel. Im thinking of specing out of these.

Good point. Instead you could connect the nodes Chaos Innoculation & Ghost Reaver through Increased Power Charge Duration after the node Infusion. And connect the witches tree through the node line (which contains +10 strengh you would otherwise lose by removing the node Written In Blood) between nodes Trickery and Nimbleness.

This way you'd lose a total of 25% ES from the Written In Blood nodes, but still got three skill points left. You could go for Path of the Savant in the Scion tree earlier than expected and get 18% ES and 16% more spell damage out of it. :D

"
davidozzo wrote:
I'm using the setup without increased critical strike, and it's viable... I try a map with ICS too, but i didn't notice great difference. I did another test, with OOS, and with this spell you will have instant max charge, but the fact that you need to cast it everytime it's problematic for me. BTW, I will do other test :)

Yes, you are right. The Increased Critical Strike Support is probably not necessary if you got a high enough chance to crit anyway.
I don't use Facebreaker, so my CWDT+BV+PCoC setup currently only has a ~33% to crit. With ICS it has ~51%.
Last edited by Songworks on Feb 2, 2017, 11:51:40 AM
take a look at my skill tree, probably it's like you say, I made some mod to the original skill tree.
I have nice helmet for sale which makes this build even more crazy - for someone who want to brake record with shaper clearing speed. Actually BV build get crazy damage as per https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1823441. This is probably the best helmet you can have and make that build viable even after nerf.

Before you criticize the price - probability of getting exact enchant in uber lab is 1/383. Which makes about 265 runs to hit 1/2 probability of hitting the desired (+40% damage) enchant.

Last edited by roboki on Feb 3, 2017, 11:04:07 AM
Quick question to those of you more experienced: Which would be more beneficial on an item for this build: 16% spell damage or 22% critical strike chance and 20 ES more than the other item?
"
Songworks wrote:
Quick question to those of you more experienced: Which would be more beneficial on an item for this build: 16% spell damage or 22% critical strike chance and 20 ES more than the other item?

I would take crit, with 6 power charges I have 70% crit change and 390% multiplier.

I tried with OOS+POC combo, didnt like casting it all the time. So I put CWDT+BV+POC instead, it seems to work pretty well.

And with 6th link as life leech I think this build starts to get really tanky, I've been running tier 11-13 maps without any problems, as long as you get your flasks up. I've been running 11-13 maps today without any problems, also did Xoph's Domain very smoothly (BHC).

Also crafted this nice helm today, wonder whats the worth of it..

Last edited by kunni on Feb 5, 2017, 4:36:10 PM
I'm trying to go through each page of 47 comments bit by bit but its hard too when I"m at work :). Will this be a viable starter build for 2.6 Legacy League? I tried out the Marauder Cyclone Budget Build and the Heirophant Storm Caller Budget Build this league and liked them. I was Mapping up into red maps just fine (struggled with some bosses). My wife is about to have our first baby, so I won't be putting in hours and hours each night, I want something I can have fun on and progress quickly (clearspeed wise) without having to sink hours of farming currency into.

This seems like it would be a lot of fun if it will still be viable and fairly easy to gear. Thanks in advance for the help/advice.
Anyone done guardians / shaper? I feel like when I can't use flasks all the time, I cant do enough dps, takes forever to do any damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info