[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"

On a side note, nobody likes this helmet? I discovered it totally randomly and have been rocking it since. Gives a good chuck of accuracy and deeps alongside it... and a respectable life roll.

How many Acc u have?
Let me guess - it will be something around 2k. So, you'll get ~10% increased damage. And lost: 20% move speed and 15%+ attack speed.
Not worth, as for me...
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
"

Wow I can't believe I rounded 210 down to 200 and 290 up to 300. I must have my head up my ass! Lmao. Really dude, GROSSLY under and over valuing. Did that 20 dps trigger you? How about 210 vs 370 for a legacy Reach? And even at 210 vs 290, that's about a 27% increase in raw deeps. Plus two more arrows. No man, Reach is the best bow in the game rn. Even mirrored bows can't touch it on account that it has a built in GMP without any drawbacks.

And FYI, highest DO on PoET is 205. Highest Reach is 372.

DO is like what Hezmata's is to Disfavour, it's a solid axe, but it can't touch Atziri's weapon of choice. The crits DO brings to the table are nice, but Reach brings mad dps and AoE alongside it.

Isn't comparing a legacy item to DO kinda... irrelevant?

Reach definitely has more consistent trash clear, but both bows will one shot trash, and DO is on par with reach for single target (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwiNAOykks)
"
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
This is false. DO is a 200 dps bow. Reach is a 300 dps bow. The additional arrows do not make each arrow weaker (it's not like each arrow hits for 25% of its damage, while DO hits for 50%.

Moreover, Barrage doesn't displace it's arrows like LA; they are all tightly packed together. So with Reach, you get an additional 2 arrows in each volley hitting your single target. Not sure how you came up to the conclusion that DO can even compete with Reach, but DO is a leveling bow, not an end game bow.

Lastly, your bow skills get better with additional arrows, it has nothing to do with your bow. If you fire off a single arrow for 10,000 damage, having two arrows means 10,000*2.

More like 210 vs 290, but whatever.

Also, Opus is not a leveling bow, 150% crit multi is fairly massive. It competes very well with Reach. I don't agree with his single vs multi target statement, but you're grossly undervaluing Opus and overvaluing Reach.

Wow I can't believe I rounded 210 down to 200 and 290 up to 300. I must have my head up my ass! Lmao. Really dude, GROSSLY under and over valuing. Did that 20 dps trigger you? How about 210 vs 370 for a legacy Reach? And even at 210 vs 290, that's about a 27% increase in raw deeps. Plus two more arrows. No man, Reach is the best bow in the game rn. Even mirrored bows can't touch it on account that it has a built in GMP without any drawbacks.

DO is like what Hezmata's is to Disfavour, it's a solid axe, but it can't touch Atziri's weapon of choice. The crits DO brings to the table are nice, but Reach brings mad dps and AoE alongside it.

You seem to have conveniently ignored ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY PERCENT crit multiplier. 27% increase in raw DPS, and supermassive DPS loss from 150% crit multi going away. 2 arrows can only supply so much. Reach isn't as good as you seem to think.

Also, don't bother trying to prove things with math when you rounded a 27% pDPS increase up to 33% pDPS. 6% pDPS is non-trivial when everything you do is scaled from that.

I also very much know how powerful old Reach was, so I know first hand how much less powerful the new Reach is.

El Psy Congroo.
"

Legacy Reach is a clear cut winner, but very few are going to have access to those, and nobody in leagues will.

The fact of the matter is physical damage is an afterthought in this build. The major focus is on chaos damage. From the gem, from flat rolls on jewelry, and from % boosts from Essences (if in league). Yeah, from a strictly "pDPS" Reach is the clear cut winner, but we aren't putting much focus into Physical. The amount of Chaos damage is consistent across both bows. Reach is an easy winner for maps and AoE with free GMP, where DO needs at least LMP to keep the spread. Single-target is a different story. Reach has two extra arrows, DO has a huge 150% crit multi. The more +arrow enchants you have (Helm Enchant/Dying Sun/+1 Drillneck) the closer the two bows are single-target.

Reach is top tier with solid DPS and built-in GMP. Opus is right there with 150% multi and built-in LMP.
First off i would like to say, i absolutely love your build. And have a questing regarding Death's Opus.

What would be the optimal setup for Opus, would you still have to use a GMP to optimise it or is the +2 arrows enough?
"
ZeapZ wrote:
First off i would like to say, i absolutely love your build. And have a questing regarding Death's Opus.

What would be the optimal setup for Opus, would you still have to use a GMP to optimise it or is the +2 arrows enough?

If u have +1 drillneck and +2 Barrage Helmet - you don't need to use GMP, I think.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
"
ZeapZ wrote:

General rule is LMP for Lightning Arrow, Standard setup for Barrage. GMP isn't necessary since you already get two arrows from Opus.
Last edited by Helter00 on Oct 29, 2016, 7:32:56 PM
Am i on a good track with this variant of the build?

Currently leveling with this

Last edited by djfang on Oct 29, 2016, 9:04:45 PM
"
SilverWF wrote:
How many Acc u have?
Let me guess - it will be something around 2k. So, you'll get ~10% increased damage. And lost: 20% move speed and 15%+ attack speed.
Not worth, as for me...

4692 with my ice golem up (4158 without). So it's 23% increased damage (which is essentially 2 nodes) and around 70 life (which is ~200 HP to your hero). Also don't forget the 10% physical damage reduction on Devoto's too. DPS between the two is comparable, but the difference is made up with the increased attack speed. I guess because my tree is tailored differently to grab as much AS as possible, I run higher anyway, so losing 16% on my helm isn't that crippling.

Anyway was just throwing it out there.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info