[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

hi. fist I wanna say thank you for sharing great build.
I just have a question about my gear improvement. I have like ~8ex.
Should I go for 6l at this point?

Spoiler
"
hi. fist I wanna say thank you for sharing great build.
I just have a question about my gear improvement. I have like ~8ex.
Should I go for 6l at this point?

Spoiler

hi there thats some amazing gear. Yeah at your level of gear a 6L will be best upgrade, i would use barrage in the 6L then for better single target. BTW you should also use crit strikes for barrage in the 5L instead of void manip. Void manip is the 6th link for both attacks.

and you should use vaal haste with increased duration instead of bloodrage, just switch gems.

you can also try to get a devoto with +2 barrage enchant, its really overpowered.

a 21/20 added chaos also is a nice damage boost, as is the flat chaos craft on all 3 jewlry.

you can also try to find rings with the new essence mod "%increased chaos damage" try to get a roll with at least 20% like my ring that you see. This mod is extremely overpowered and much much stronger than a flat added chaos craft (at least in my calculations).
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
Hey, I've actually been running a pretty similar build for Essence league with minor differences. Just wanted to get your thoughts on some of your choices.

1)I've been using Starkonja's head instead of Devoto's for the extra life. With a total of 200%+ move speed I found the 20% extra MS from devoto's negligible. I also run Vaal pact so the reduced damage on low life doesn't ever affect me since I'm always on full life, and only things that kill me are 1 shots (hence why i opted for a helm with life).

2)Have you played with using volley fire gem? I was considering respecting a little to test it out, but feel like its not even necessary at this point.

3)I found the "commandment of war" enchant pretty useful for speed-clearing. The minions it summons are pretty useful for clearing up whatever trash wasn't finished off as I speed through the map at 200%+ move speed.
Why do u not take phase acrobatics?
"
Why do u not take phase acrobatics?

OP said it's not so threatning, yet attacks are
"
jawknee54 wrote:
Hey, I've actually been running a pretty similar build for Essence league with minor differences. Just wanted to get your thoughts on some of your choices.

1)I've been using Starkonja's head instead of Devoto's for the extra life. With a total of 200%+ move speed I found the 20% extra MS from devoto's negligible. I also run Vaal pact so the reduced damage on low life doesn't ever affect me since I'm always on full life, and only things that kill me are 1 shots (hence why i opted for a helm with life).

2)Have you played with using volley fire gem? I was considering respecting a little to test it out, but feel like its not even necessary at this point.

3)I found the "commandment of war" enchant pretty useful for speed-clearing. The minions it summons are pretty useful for clearing up whatever trash wasn't finished off as I speed through the map at 200%+ move speed.

1) Starkonja is a decent choice. However I am a movespeed addict and every single bit counts :D the 20 from devoto is quite huge for me. It boosts my base movespeed from 68 or so to 90. I feel like 80-90 base movespeed is a very good value to do uber atziri with. I died alot more before with 70 base, then i specced into more movespeed to get to 90 and it made a big difference for me, dodging things is so much easier with a good base speed. But thats my personal style. Devoto in the build is highly subjective and can be replaced with any helm that you like.

2) Volley fire requires quite an investment (get the dex, sacrifice 2 jewel slots which for me is like 12% life 40-50% resist 20% damage) just to make barrage a decent aoe. It will still claer far less good than lightning arrow does. LA is just the best pack clearing skill right now for bow characters, I think its 10 times better than tornado or any other skill.

3) Thanks for the tip ! I will try to find that enchant. I havent tested may glove enchants yet since I always seem to enchant some helmet for selling those :D

Do you mind posting your gear setup/tree ? I am interested to see other approaches. Thanks for your post!
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
Last edited by cmphx on Sep 21, 2016, 2:51:43 AM
Man, you are damn stubborn with this build and I like it! I can confirm that it was so strong in 2.3 - I managed to clear absolutely everything with it - farming uber lab, killed uber atziri and cleared t15 maps. And I had started playing the game just 3 months ago! Insane build indeed, I wish you luck and future success in your attempts to adapt it to the incoming balance changes.
Hi there,

after ripping my juggernaut at level 85, i'm trying this :) so far all good. will report back, thank for the build !!
I play in HC
Should i rush to take the life nodes in marauder area or should i take the damage nodes in ranger's area?
I will lose a lot of damage ?
Have you ever considered taking Fatal Toxins notable? It should be quite nice boost just for 3 points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info