(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

Hi,

Currently trying this build after a very generous person gave me a six link Harvest (can't thank him enough). Had to get a life / elemental damage helm in standard (not cheap, 5 ex... but 87 life, yeah !) but I'm currently very happy with the gameplay and the tankiness.

Of course, not being in essence means I can't get the rings (or for extra expansive when the league ends :( - by the way, anyone not playing standard is welcome to give me such rings when essence ends :)).
To compensate this and the fact I don't even have the opal rings right now, I am using a star of Wraeclast and the damage is ok (at my 83 level) though not impressive 2.7k on HoI tooltip.

Funny thing : tried to enchant my helm. Got blade vortex damage, which I had tried to get several times last month... RNG, why do you hate me ?

Unfunny thing : I tried normal Atziri, who I have never beaten till now. And she one shot my 7k life... Several times... I steamrolled the trio though.

All hail Wormblaster the Third !

@ madziie : yes, you mash your buttons. My keyboard hates me.
There is a windows option to make some keys repeat on num lock. When I came from D3 and Wand of Woe build I was defently use such option on blade vortex and it was working for sure, but now I cant force this ability to work =/ Seems like it was restricted....well good old days of Woe back to my life :)
Reading through the numerous pages, I saw something that questions me : what is the use of increased duration on the CWDT + immortal call set ? I mean, we constantly proc CWDT so immortal call should be permanent without ID. Jax said he replaced it with Molten shell (which I already have as a fourth gem), so what other good gem could be used here ? Flame golem, maybe to increase DPS further ?
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Nov 12, 2016, 8:32:30 AM
Hi guys. Can u pls take a look at my gear and tree and tell me whats wrong with it? I am slowly respecing from Flame Totem build, so it tooks me a tone of regrets already...and I am having lack of currency atm. I cant sustain blasts on any solo target. I watched almost all video guides and map runs and cant get how do you sustain instant blasting of worms. It fells like my BV doesnt crit often especialy on solo target (or mb BV dmg too low and cant kill worm for 1 cast) thats why I cant have many worms and HoI triggers rarely.

Fortune showed me her back - this morning I had 5l Harvest and 150 fuses. Closer to evening I tried my luck and now have current links and 0 fuses TT. Is it possible to run on 4 links?

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Last edited by madziee on Nov 12, 2016, 2:59:16 PM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Reading through the numerous pages, I saw something that questions me : what is the use of increased duration on the CWDT + immortal call set ? I mean, we constantly proc CWDT so immortal call should be permanent without ID. Jax said he replaced it with Molten shell (which I already have as a fourth gem), so what other good gem could be used here ? Flame golem, maybe to increase DPS further ?

Look at my profile. You'll find the optimal gems. I put phase walk to add movement speed for. Whopping 178% total movement speed. Alternatively,use ic,cwdt, lvl 18 shock nova and lvl 18 molten shell. Molten is op both in pvp & bosses. Avg dps is 10k per exp
\]
Hi Guys..Build is amazing but I have question. How it work, with Grand Spectrum Viridian Jewel (5% Ele Dmg per jeveel) ? I plan to buy 9 jevels, 5x9x9 > 405% Ele Dmg extra vs remove 50% life and some cold dmg. Good choise or stay on my rare jevels (life,cold,area)? Sorry for my english.
"
madziee wrote:
Hi guys. Can u pls take a look at my gear and tree and tell me whats wrong with it? I am slowly respecing from Flame Totem build, so it tooks me a tone of regrets already...and I am having lack of currency atm. I cant sustain blasts on any solo target. I watched almost all video guides and map runs and cant get how do you sustain instant blasting of worms. It fells like my BV doesnt crit often especialy on solo target (or mb BV dmg too low and cant kill worm for 1 cast) thats why I cant have many worms and HoI triggers rarely.

Fortune showed me her back - this morning I had 5l Harvest and 150 fuses. Closer to evening I tried my luck and now have current links and 0 fuses TT. Is it possible to run on 4 links?

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:

You can try: Inc. AoE + Inc Crit. + Blade Vortex + Cwdt
Your BV have to do as little damage as possible, so leave it at Level 1 (and spam flaks! =))
BV purpuse is to kill worms so after they explode via hoi righ ? why it has to do as little dmg ? I have leveled mine till lvl 8 i think (maximum level cwdt lvl1 can support it )

IGN = Tominsideeeee

Worked my way through all the guardians(except phoenix, only found one phoenix out of 17 t16 maps.) several times, running all the bat-shit insane mods to test this build, and wow. It withstood everything. I even took it to shaper and tried everything a drunk, crazy person would do. standing on the lazer. eating the balls. laughing at zana hiding in a bubble. the works.

It was going perfectly till a latency spike hit causing flask triggers to pile up and dc me/kill the map. :(

Gear throughout it all:

Spoiler

I alternated my last flask depending on what the threat of the map was:

Chaos flask for chimera. Snake add phase=aids. Cold flask for additional cold/crit hydra. Ruby for facerolling phoenix, Basalt for shocked ground crit mods, Quicksilver for no threat, overflowing for where i can't risk failing to get my sustain off.
Last edited by djfang on Nov 14, 2016, 12:56:52 PM
U can swap amethyst flask with an http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Promise so u can get chaos res plus a boost on overall dmg

IGN = Tominsideeeee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info