(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

"
Fedega wrote:
Does anyone have problems sustaining flasks in single target?

What's your crit chance? Every once in a while it can take a bit to get the rotation going because of slow BV stack generation BUT you can just precast to 20 BV stacks and then run in. To precast you just need to open your inventory and unsocket the CWDT gem from your weapon, start precasting BV to 20, resocket the CWDT gem and then leeeeeeeeroyyyy jenkins the single target and you should be good to go.
Here is my suggestion for those who want to improve his/her performance with this build
(I am playing in standard)

This is how I linked my main skills

You can see that I do not have 30% more elemental damage with my helmet
You can see that I use Increase Critical Strike with my CWDT set up

The rest of my gear

My rare amulet and rare ring do not have the best explicit for this build
Malachai's Artifice + flame golem = -30% cold / lightning resist of enemy + ~ 20% damage increase
I use Blasphemy + Elemental Weakness
I self-cast Immortal call during boss fight

Here are my flask set up

The Overflowing Chalice is the best choice for the fifth flask. Test it yourself

Overall, the only map mode(S) I am suffering are
1. bloodmagic
2. no elemental aliment

the only drawback(s) of this build are
1. auto kick
2. poor performance with old PC
3. immortal enemy

Conclusion:
This build got a lot of potential.
I recommend that you can, besides drink portion, get yourself a abyssal cry set up and a movement set up.
I also recommend that, besides Kaom's Heart, you can use Carcass Jack (life + AOE) or Atziri's Splendour (life + resist + 100life/mana on kill) instead.

I am level 89 currently. With the above gear, I got 7k life (5 jewel slot).

Enjoy!
Last edited by h22952 on Oct 3, 2016, 1:47:53 AM
What's the best way to level a duelist following this skill tree before specing into the build at ~75+?
MFJonesHC
"
MFJones wrote:
What's the best way to level a duelist following this skill tree before specing into the build at ~75+?

Maybe not the "best way", but I just leveled with the same tree and used ice crash (and molten strike before that). Used a few uniques for ease: 7-league steps, Meginords, Tabula, blackheart, le heup, geofri's, erqi.

Didn't level to 75, but respecced at ~ 69 I think. Just make sure you have low enough chaos res and high enough life so that doedre procs the CWDT (should be around 3.8k with -60%).

"
h22952 wrote:

The Overflowing Chalice is the best choice for the fifth flask. Test it yourself

I personally prefer a quicksilver or rotgut. Movement speed = Kill speed (although I'm a little spoiled with my first character this league who had >200% MS).

Also as a tip - in your boots, try CWDT - IC - ID - Frost bomb. Against bosses you'll be able to have almost 100% uptime of IC and you'll automatically cast frost bombs that decrease their resistances.

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 3, 2016, 5:26:49 AM
How to find balance between cwdt level with IC to keep it 100% uptime?
"
Buckets0 wrote:
How to find balance between cwdt level with IC to keep it 100% uptime?

trial and error. It depends how fast you can spam your doedre flask. Some people put the IC in their harvest with the level 1 CWDT - then you'll have 100% uptime (most of the time anyways), but you'll obviously lose a link in that setup.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Ahhh on 2.4h seems that its fixed some stuff for the worms build III version. On the youtube coments also it says it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t49sm6arV4

" Patch 2.4.0h: - Flask charges can no longer be gained from The Harvest when dealing critical strikes to worms spawned by The Writhing Jar. "
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Last edited by Execreth on Oct 3, 2016, 12:20:36 PM
"
Execreth wrote:
Ahhh on 2.4h seems that its fixed some stuff for the worms build III version. On the youtube coments also it says it:

" Patch 2.4.0h: - Flask charges can no longer be gained from The Harvest when dealing critical strikes to worms spawned by The Writhing Jar. "

Thats not true. No one knows what ggg is going to do. It supposed to be troll comment.
Friends - tell me - What +4 chaos res - do not break the build?

----------------------------------
"
Execreth wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745771/page/1

Where about it it is written?
Last edited by stick111 on Oct 3, 2016, 2:06:00 PM
"
stick111 wrote:
Friends - tell me - What +4 chaos res - do not break the build?

----------------------------------
"
Execreth wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745771/page/1

Where about it it is written?

+4 chaos res won't break the build as long as you have enough hp to still take 538 damage when drinking your deodre's.

I think the Patch 2.4.0h thing was a joke. I checked the youtube link and someone made a joke post on there about a week ago. There is nothing in the patch notes that would signify this change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info