Plausible Kaom's Heart Buff?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You cant buff Kaoms still leaves all the other life builds out. Buff HP nodes. 5% need to be 6% 10' to 12's, etc Basically a 20% buff across board.

Also you cant nerf ES like many are saying so CI is equally bad as life because you destroy Low life builds which don't wear 900 ES chests but shavs 400s.

Easiest and best solution is just buff life nodes on tree.

Increasing the "%" on life node is just indirectly buffing Kaom again.
They should keep the % the same but add some flat hp on the same nodes.
IGN TylordRampage
Every time I see these threads it amazes me how many people don't understand that Energy Shield reaches such ridiculous numbers because there is no mitigation involved in it; its entire defense is to absorb a big hit. Life has Armour (which sucks) and Evasion (which sucks).

The problem is not Energy Shield verses Life; the problem is the mitigation systems suck ass, leaving "soak a big hit" as the only viable defense, which is why Energy Shield wins.

Buff Armour against big hits while keeping it the same or slightly weaker against small hits, and completely rework Dodge/Evasion (or remove it entirely). Then Life will need some very small adjustments and everything will be even again.

TL;DR: Life and Energy Shield aren't the problems, mitigation is.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
Last edited by ExcretusMaximus on Jan 4, 2017, 2:11:11 PM
"
Every time I see these threads it amazes me how many people don't understand that Energy Shield reaches such ridiculous numbers because there is no mitigation involved in it; its entire defense is to absorb a big hit. Life has Armour (which sucks) and Evasion (which sucks).

The problem is not Energy Shield verses Life; the problem is the mitigation systems suck ass, leaving "soak a big hit" as the only viable defense, which is why Energy Shield wins.

Buff Armour against big hits while keeping it the same or slightly weaker against small hits, and completely rework Dodge/Evasion (or remove it entirely). Then Life will need some very small adjustments and everything will be even again.

I think this approach could work as well. Another solution could be to reduce the amount of damage done by any single hit, but make recovery of life and energy shield a little less efficient. There are multiple knobs you can turn to fix the problem, or you can turn all the knobs a little bit to find the right balance.
"

You're right and irrelevant in equal measure. Buffing life and buffing mitigation have the equal effect of increasing effective life and time to live. Whichever way they go about it is a semantic difference.

The bickering about "what is the ACTUAL problem" that happens in every thread just takes away from the important topic. ES can more effective life than life can to an absurd degree, because the combination of life and defense doesn't math out well enough. There is more than one way to fix that problem; let's not argue about which way is the one true way.

ES pools are too big and their recovery is too easy for it to be considered a downside, in comparison with life and other forms of defense. That's the crux of it.
I don't know why this is being debated so heavily.

Even a deaf man can hear, a blind man can see and a dumb man can know that the state of life-builds isn't "fixed" by buffing one, two or even 10 items.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
It would be a lazy ass fix imo.

It would make Kaom's all but mandatory on two-hander builds.

WOuld be the wrong way to go.

They need to take a step back and ask themselves if ES can reach to high of a value or is life not able to reach a high-enough value and go from there.

I hope they don't buff kaom's.

As is, end-game is mostly dominated by flavor of the month builds and ES characters. Making health builds more viable shouldn't be a bad thing. Besides, the DOME is one of the best chest uniques for 2-h builds.

I'd prefer it if they would look at balancing health and armor stats to be competitive with es builds. Then if Kaom's was competitive with simialr high tier chest plates, to leave it.

Although just buffing the one good health armor is much easier than making things balanced. Hopefully this is just a temp band-aid fix.
What would you all say if 8k was the max cap of es AND life combined

Go figure now...
No Problem,
Exile
I think a good band aid would be buffing base life and life gain per level. A level 90 character with 160% life from the tree and 2 non-weapon slots dedicated to uniques without life should be able to reach 6.5k health. I think that would somewhat reinforce the baseline and allow people who want more life to easily scale that with further hp% nodes and people who like to play life on the right side of the tree would get a little more buffer.
"
Bawtzki wrote:
I think a good band aid would be buffing base life and life gain per level. A level 90 character with 160% life from the tree and 2 non-weapon slots dedicated to uniques without life should be able to reach 6.5k health. I think that would somewhat reinforce the baseline and allow people who want more life to easily scale that with further hp% nodes and people who like to play life on the right side of the tree would get a little more buffer.

They can't buff base health because then you end up with Belly of the Beast being a 6 link Kaom's with resists and useful mods. They are probably buffing Kaom's and then increasing the % of health nodes on the tree. They should also take a look at many of the legacy uniques that they rushed to nerf because they were good for melee. That is also part of the reason we are where we are.

Armor and evade are always going to be a waste of time to invest in via passives since such a huge portion of lethal damage is spell or elemental damage.
wouldn t hurt to buff kaom back to 700-800 life and life nods on tree.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info