Reduce drastically or eliminate completely the exp lose on death

If they insist on XP penalty on death, what about changing it to 10% of experience gained rather than flat 10%?

So if I die at 20% to next level I lose 2%, if I die at 65% to next level I lose 6.5%. At 95% it would be 9.5%.

Still a pain but maybe reasonable?
you have 6 portals...this is the logic about softcore, reach lv 90 and kill all bosses in this game...after that, lv up with easy maps mods

The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
"
cdchi1 wrote:
If they insist on XP penalty on death, what about changing it to 10% of experience gained rather than flat 10%?

So if I die at 20% to next level I lose 2%, if I die at 65% to next level I lose 6.5%. At 95% it would be 9.5%.

Still a pain but maybe reasonable?

That would be a lot better than the way it is right now, but it should kick in at least for the last 10 levels to 100 keep the feeling of progress...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
I disagree.
Ok. Duying is bs and I hate it with every fibre of my heart. Especially in high lvl gaming, where you die in 0.1 second. I can't get any xp past lvl 90, and I don't think I'm that horrible.
Still, xp loss is a viable penalty for dying.
TL:DR Fk carebears!
Dying sucks. As it should. Keep the penalty pls.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
the whole game should be HC all the time. Though my gf would hate me for that... Personally i love HC, but am playing SF to keep gf happy.

Nothing gives as much adrenaline rush as hard fight with 1 life. Sometimes my hands shake after a fight I manage to survive and I love it.
how about some Milestones you have to achieve.

killing mala solo each difficulty = no xp loss anymore in those difficultys.
Killing shaper solo = no xp loss in any map.
Or simply:
Increase to 50%.
You can lose levels this way.
You cannot get to less than the lowest amount of experience you were at during the last 24h.
You have massively reduced loot and experience in instances you died in.
Eh so many people living in ilusion of "hard game" here.

I will always repeat, POE is not hard so there is nothing to punish for, there is no player skill inveolved.

Want to make the game hard? F... death penalty. Delete peoeple characters if their build is in top 3 most played builds - this will make the game hard as hell. All FoTM build players will get deleted instantly and everybody gonna cry that they cant faceroll thru content.

But ofcourse that wont happen because people here talk alot but do nothing to prove it.
Last edited by herflik on Oct 28, 2016, 11:09:10 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
herflik wrote:
The death penalty mechanic like this one we have here is outdated mechanic and there is no sensible argument to protect it whatsoever. It is here because it is, nothing smarter to get.

People who write that it will make game to easy if you remove expriance penalty are just plain insane with that idea. They dont even understand logic of word "easy".
So lets start lesson of eduction here.
Word "easy" means that there is also word "hard", one cannot exist without other.
"Hard" in game terms means that player need to improve his player skill (ex. positioning, fast decisions, teamplay, reflexes etc.) in order to complete given "hard" content.
PoE dont have "hard" content in such manner - everybody just abuse OP builds and think they are skilled players. Copy-pasting builds is not player skill to begin with, sorry to dissipoint you (why? because anybody who can read, can attain it, without any other requirement).

So on the end, there is nothing "hard" in this game at all, so what will turn to "easy" then?
The anwser is simple, nothing. It will just destroy delusion of many people here and squash their fake egos. Thats all there is to it.

The sooner you accept the harsh truth the better it will be for the game. Maybe it will turn to truly hard game.

Yeah, of course - you said it isn't sensible, so it isn't sensible. Right? Because you're gonna tell us what is wrong and right. Get out of here, wtf. How about I use the same argument, and now we both are claiming that we are the only ones who possess the ultimate truth? Don't want to worry you too much, buddy, but this isn't how discussion works.

Also, yet another great example of Dunning–Kruger effect. You say some random stuff about hard and easy. You claim game being hard is about improving skill and whatnot. Then you go into saying that PoE is not hard, because it is all about copying builds.
Meanwhile, people are getting level 100, without dying a single time, while you are here using this as an argument, implying that you cannot avoid dying, therefor game isn't hard.

What does it mean - you are just bad, and instead of getting better, you deny skill of others, meanwhile pumping your own ego, thinking you're better than you really are. Which is, by the way, funny, because that is what you claim about others... :D

You didnt understand a dime of what I wrote. Your words are empty and have no mechanical background to support them. People reach 100 lvl without dying? Well that doesnt eliminate what I was writing, they just use FOTM builds that make them success at it, and that is not a player skill.

Whats hard in this game? Just write simply few things, because I see none. Someone even posted that you can turn off your monitor and do a shaper with some build. Thats hard for you?

All there is in POE are stats, not a player skill. And what define if game is hard is ONLY player skill, there is nothing to discuss here. Like I wrote, people here save their ego living in illusion. You can disagree with it, but I can get any person and give him items/builds and he will do as much as you can in a week or few days.

If you want to prove me that the game is truly hard thus require player skill then please give me one example of where I wont be able to say "Well just give this new player items/builds and he will do the same". I bet you wont. All there is to learn in POE is few mechanics/boss fights patterns and getting used to pressing flasks. Basicaly you can MASTER that in a week or less (it would take me personaly 3 days max).

I played a crapload of games in my life and I have lot to compare. Hard for me means, play it for years, have everything you want, you will still have no guarantee that you will be good at it or pass some "stages" in the game. PoE fail hard on the second part "have everything you want", so items/build. You give it to any player and he faceroll content just as a player that play for years.

Ofcourse when I look closely, when people reply to my posts, they are just blablablaing without anything to counter argument it. Like talking with politics, never ends with sense.

Challange:

Take any top POE player you want and give him 1 month to do this one song (just survive on it on standard setting, they can try to memorize it but wont help much):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeA8D0rDzH0

Simple game mechanic, just 4 buttons. Probably no person you pick will make it without hacks. Thats what player skill is. For you its impossible, for some its normal gameplay.
Last edited by herflik on Oct 28, 2016, 11:26:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info