GGG needs to change their view of the endgame and stop the nerf madness

"
hoyke wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:

What is Fireball.

Fyi fireball is still bad. Bigger multipliers for fireball and ice spear won't fix the skills. The problem with melee and these skills is the clunkyness, that 50% more damage won't fix. That's the problem with the changes in 2.4. They do not address the issue.

Fireball needs much more projectile speed and maybe some inc aoe and ice spear needs about triple the damage it has now.

So yeah, its sad to see a skill get 50% MORE damage and still be so mediocre.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
INCPATCH 5% MORE DAMAGE TO FIREBALL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
INCPATCH 5% MORE DAMAGE TO FIREBALL

God damn, that's so much that you will be better off going spell totem+fireball than flame totem.

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
hoyke wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:

What is Fireball.

Fyi fireball is still bad. Bigger multipliers for fireball and ice spear won't fix the skills. The problem with melee and these skills is the clunkyness, that 50% more damage won't fix. That's the problem with the changes in 2.4. They do not address the issue.

Fireball needs much more projectile speed and maybe some inc aoe and ice spear needs about triple the damage it has now.

So yeah, its sad to see a skill get 50% MORE damage and still be so mediocre.

Or how about have the jewel baked into the skill.

GGG logic is you need to invest your jewel slots + different skill tree path to make your skill viable as oppose making it different/variants on it.
Endgame for me is Atziri. . When i get a build that i am comfortable killing her ill move to uber... then core etc etc. Shaper is well beyond me at the moment. RNJesus hates me even after 3 years of playing ;)
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
essemoni wrote:
Endgame for me is Atziri. . When i get a build that i am comfortable killing her ill move to uber... then core etc etc. Shaper is well beyond me at the moment. RNJesus hates me even after 3 years of playing ;)

Core is a complete joke now...i honestly feel nothing anymore when i go in,they should have put dark forest instead of core,and leave it alone....the nerfs weren't needed. It was the only hard map,despite with the design problems like the arena size and everything being red.
"
SuperSaiaJin wrote:
The problem is, that GGG isn't nerfing, they destroy skill,passives and items.
Remember Cloak of Defiance, old Arctic Armour, old Eldrich Battery and Incinerate? They are all complete shit now and nobody is using them.

Even Blizzard does a better job nowadays with Diablo 3...

Truer words have never been spoken my friend.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I've come to accept the nerfhammer once a league has ended as a way to shake up the meta for the incoming content block and I'd be completely fine with it if two things changed.

(1) The nerfed skills/items/builds in question weren't utterly gutted; even for the sake of performance like CoC (500 ms is "fine" but the additional nerfs killed it). It would be nice if the nerfs were also kept to skills as much as possible and not to gear people spent large sums of wealth to acquire.

(2) All the "archetypes" (caster, trapper, melee, etc.) in the game are comparable in power level, so even if a build is found to be amazing, since there exists a baseline even for endgame builds, it isn't hopelessly above everything else that exists in the league/game.

Currently I feel there are two major archetypes that have no excuse for still being as bad as they are considering how long PoE has been around. Sure, right now if you play summoner there's basically SRS and everything that isn't SRS and even SRS needs that QoL improvement we all know it desperately needs. Claw based builds are pointless compared to Daggers since leech (the niche of claws) is now more readily available. EQ and Reave are the top end of "melee" but don't clear as fast or down bosses as easily as ranged. Even Fireball and Ice Spear are still bad apparently and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but the consensus I've gleamed from the community is that the damage buffs were nice but not what those skills needed to be viable. There's a myriad of other things that need addressing (Lightning Strike V. Pebbles, the fall of CoC and Mjolnir, life on the right side of tree, etc.) but how the heck is pure Evasion and Single Target Melee still in such a sorry pair of states.

For reference, I play a Molten Striker every league and I'm not sure how it stacks up against other things but I do know BV for example is probably better on decent gear then my character fully decked out and leveled to my personal max (lvl 92) by such a huge margin that it's power level is the threshold between Shaper/Guardians viable and Tier 15 viable (which in and of itself is probably the biggest leap in difficulty and gear requirements this game has ever seen).
Last edited by Zuriax on Sep 24, 2016, 2:29:57 PM
@Zuriax

There were build with fireball that were killing red maps bosses in couple seconds (even T15), and that was before dmg buff. Now it's even better. Sure, it sucks for clearing, but with Staff you can have other spell with 5L/6L for clearing.
Last edited by Aynix on Sep 25, 2016, 10:40:08 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
@Zuriax

There were build with fireball that were killing red maps bosses in couple seconds (even T15), and that was before dmg buff. Now it's even better. Sure, it sucks for clearing, but with Staff you can have other spell with 5L/6L for clearing.

Right, it now has the damage to reach the highest content but it still feels mechanically bad ("sucks for clearing") without a threshold gem or unique. This doesn't have to be the case for skills and I'm sure players that love Fireball would trade a mechanical "buff" over a damage buff anyday.

Thanks for the reply btw :3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info