GGG needs to change their view of the endgame and stop the nerf madness

Nerfs are required when a select few builds start dominating the game.
You want everyone to start playing BV and squabbling over the same few items that build needs? Meanwhile all other items in the game become worthless because no one is playing any other builds.

Nerfs have been a part of this game since the beginning and will continue to be part of it. If you make this idea you cant nerf anything it will greatly limit the ability for GGG to design new items and skills.

We can buff skills a ton like ice spear and still never see it used because some of the current builds are simply too powerful.
If they left the builds as OP, then people would play the builds until they were bored and then try out another build. Same with changing the time required to reach lvl 100.
People would roll alts and enjoy the game. As it is right now, people get burned out at lvl 95 and can't be bothered to gather the required high priced uniques to roll a new build in a new league.

There's simply too much required to roll another build and that drives people away. Uberlab/shitty trading experience/slow xp after lvl 80/constantly forced to roll-reroll maps.

For a game that puts so much stock in having people reroll characters every 3 months, it sure doesn't make many decisions with those people in mind.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Only the top 1% benefit you say? Ridiculous.
For once I decided to try and give it a shot and reach "end-game" content known as mapping and end lab...
The atlass is a real help and makes me keep a decent map pool of t11-t12 maps - currently at 61 maps discovered and regularly doing t11-t12 bazaar and shipyard maps. Have unlocked waterways,high gardens and one t14 map. What I am stuck is exploring the other ways, but day by day go and around 5-6 new maps I discover on each day.

Firestorm build here ,aiming to better myself ,just completed Uber Lab for the first time ever and on my first try - never did it before ,didn't know what's so different about it except the damage Izaro dishes out...

The fight with Izaro was really intense! Really enjoyed myself barely killing Izaro with zero charges on health flasks and close to 10% hp. making it out :D . Knees weak ,arms sphagetti literally :D
But it really took some time to me to encounter this burning trial in maps ,damn it!
Anyway ,glad I Had prophecy for 2 uses for the divine front at end and luckily I got a 10% chance for freeze,shock and ignite enhancment for boots which is insane! Got arc 40dmg for head ,but whatever.
Ended going for 2 golems since the BEacon something made me experience stuttering and lag and decided with boot enha it's worth to drop it and spend 10 points for golems.
Then decided to go at End lab again and died at some stupid trap.

Point is , I really enjoy the current league with crazy possibly corrupted strong enemies and also the atlas. Want to get defeaning spell damage to lucky craft a prophecy wand.
Edit: ATM level 88
I am entirely self-found. Have 60 chaos and two exalts (all have dropped ! I can't do the chaos recipe ,I have tried and managed to get only regals). If I get bored of SF I will try this lighting warp build seems fun.
Last edited by Lafielaq on Sep 26, 2016, 5:24:19 AM
4 years of nerfs is pretty lame.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Hyskoa wrote:

There's simply too much required to roll another build and that drives people away. Uberlab/shitty trading experience/slow xp after lvl 80/constantly forced to roll-reroll maps.

You hit the nail on the head.

Uber lab, shitty trading experience, shitty name-locking skills, slow exp after lvl 90, all drive players away and are all ANTI-FUN
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
tobes111 wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

You hit the nail on the head.

Uber lab, shitty trading experience, shitty name-locking skills, slow exp after lvl 90, all drive players away and are all ANTI-FUN

Sad but true. Always 1-2 builds that can carry uber lab, all rest use service. Is that end game? Same with guardians - shaper. Ppl dont like when others dont respond for buying things. So, I have to waste (yes, waste) time to respond with: Im in party, Im in lab ... Or to stay in town 24/7 and wait some1 to pm me. Slow exp isnt problem. Terrible reward system is problem. I know ppl without single exalt drop in whole league, with dream to make build GGG missed to nerf. Sad but true, in 2nd month game is dead ....
lol @ all the people denying the truth

+1 to OP, I mostly agree
Last edited by eXecut1on on Oct 4, 2016, 7:46:08 AM
Path of Exile Steam Charts currently show September average arond 16.5K so that's interesting that it's that high compared to previous league. We're just starting 2nd month of challenge league so too early to tell how much drop off there will be.

No one is disagreeing (maybe a few) that if a skill is leveraged by a top elite to create an uber build that can trivialize uber bosses that some form of nerf is required. The problem with PoE is that GGG is nerfing much more than just a skill or weapon that is an "oops... we didn't have time to properly test and balance it before the challenge league started" such as Reach of Council bow in Prophecy league. So this league it happens that Blade Vortex is too powerful (compared to other skills) and must be nerfed for next league. We all understand that and are ok. But it's the other nerfs, the exp gained on kill, the ninja nerf to rare amulet drop rates so I can't do the Chaos recipe as often, these and other nerfs that serve to slow our exile's accent toward level 100 are what is hurting the endgame more than any individual skill or weapon nerf. I'm reading of mixed feelings about AoW, some solo players say they are able to sustain T11-T12 maps, others claim the Atlas buffs don't offset the overall high tier map drop rate nerf so the net effect is worse drop rates. Probably just the normal ugly effect of too much RNG at work here.

The problem of GGG taking PoE down the nerf path this year to stop elite racers from a level 100 build < 1 month has drastically hurt the endgame and is killing our desires to grind more maps. GGG has made us feel there is no point in grinding past level 90 as there is no reward for a level 100 build except personal achievement and as long as there are time unlimited elite racers getting to 100 in 2 weeks we're most likely going to keep getting exp nerf hammered again and again. GGG is nerfing (has killed for many) the "fun to play" out of PoE. To what greater purpose is GGG doing this? It just doesn't make sense from the view of the average player (maybe from the view of the top elites it does?) but from my view from the 99% player base it looks insane and is pushing me/many closer and closer to "F'ck this shit... I quit".

What GGG is failing to take into account is that a typical player of the 99% (me) who will never get a level 100 build and is acknowledging this fact and still choosing to play PoE for many other reasons (for me it's the near endless variety of skills) that these exp nerfs to slow and/or stop elite racers are sending us a clear and loud signal that we are not a valued part of the PoE player base. From a psychological perspective the worst thing a game company can do is to disenfranchise their player base and push us away from playing. Once this happens we stop buying mtx and that can't be what GGG wants. I wonder why GGG doesn't see that this is happening?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
100% agree with you OP
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:06:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info