GGG needs to change their view of the endgame and stop the nerf madness

The thing is they nerf skills/combinations that ARE overpowered.

Many times they bring new items into the game and not expect what players make of them because thats what this game is about, hell look at Ghuddas self cursing gloves which we see as vendor trash but in reality he made them to make sure they keep there developement in line and check old mechanics up with new ones(stackable IAS buff from self cursing yourself was a thing).

You point out everyone is apparantly only playing pathfinder BV CI, if these players streaming/maxing would be doing so what ever build they wanted to play, I mean the majority has forgotten about Spectral throw and iv managed to make a dualwield crit assasin which was capable todo Uber lab at 4.2k life and if i wasnt on such a bad connection (AU please) i would be making a uber service for our server because from experience AU cant do uber runs on other servers.

Stop focusing on reddit/youtube and play how you want to.

**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
If they didn't nerf things, then we would have ALL the sheeps abusing the same combinations over and over. The point is to promote build diversity, not kill it.

Skills that get hyped, overused and bandwagoned are the sheep's fault, and end up affecting the sheep population more than the other players.

So I say, I hope they continue this nerf madness so you learn to have a mind of your own and actually play something that is not "OP" just for the sake of it.
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
"
Quo210 wrote:
If they didn't nerf things, then we would have ALL the sheeps abusing the same combinations over and over. The point is to promote build diversity, not kill it.

Skills that get hyped, overused and bandwagoned are the sheep's fault, and end up affecting the sheep population more than the other players.

So I say, I hope they continue this nerf madness so you learn to have a mind of your own and actually play something that is not "OP" just for the sake of it.

I completely disagree there are so many people that make all different kinds of builds. I mean hell I have hit the character slot limit more times than I can count.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
xRoque wrote:
The thing is they nerf skills/combinations that ARE overpowered.

Many times they bring new items into the game and not expect what players make of them because thats what this game is about, hell look at Ghuddas self cursing gloves which we see as vendor trash but in reality he made them to make sure they keep there developement in line and check old mechanics up with new ones(stackable IAS buff from self cursing yourself was a thing).

You point out everyone is apparantly only playing pathfinder BV CI, if these players streaming/maxing would be doing so what ever build they wanted to play, I mean the majority has forgotten about Spectral throw and iv managed to make a dualwield crit assasin which was capable todo Uber lab at 4.2k life and if i wasnt on such a bad connection (AU please) i would be making a uber service for our server because from experience AU cant do uber runs on other servers.

Stop focusing on reddit/youtube and play how you want to.

The logic goes both ways though. GGG is to hyper focused on reddit/streamers rather than just letting people have fun. Powerful items quickly become expensive and the market self regulates. Very few times has something been so grossly over powered and cheap (chaos conversion was likely the prime offender).
YoukayNado In Game
GGG does need to change their nerf everything mindset. To aquire expensive legacies and high performing builds requres a lot of time investment, which GGG promptly shits on.

At any given time there are maybe a handful of builds that can do the hardest content (uber atziri / shaper) reliably. People want to access most or all of the content and so they will keep playing the meta builds until GGG pulls their head out of the sand and makes more builds viable so people can choose.
IGN: mEeEta, HoodedOrder
"
Quo210 wrote:

Not everyone's a theorycrafter that knows how everything synergizes and they just want to go out and kill shit and progress.

Problem is if you DON'T make an optimum build in this game the first time through, you're out all the time you invested on a character by having to reset it, or you're out time trying to find the Regrets to fix it (if you CAN).

That's why the "sheep" are using the strongest builds they can find. They want to play a game, not pour over spreadsheets for days.

Maybe instead of nerfing builds, they should be buffing builds that AREN'T powerful and stop being such a miser over who gets to see the endgame.

What the hell is the point having the endgame be only viewable by the most OP builds, only to go and nerf those builds cuz they got to see it? Talk about a waste of content.
Last edited by ArmoredChocobo on Sep 22, 2016, 2:00:38 AM
Well I would be willing to bet that after this league BV will get the hammer once again, seems like a lot of players are playing it in this new league. In my own opinion GGG listen's more to the streamer's than anyone, for example you will have a streamer that play's a skill and let's say hits 100 and while he played that skill has fun, then says its way to overpowerd and boom next patch its nerfed, and quite frankly players are getting sick of this.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Not everyone's a theorycrafter that knows how everything synergizes and they just want to go out and kill shit and progress.

Problem is if you DON'T make an optimum build in this game the first time through, you're out all the time you invested on a character by having to reset it, or you're out time trying to find the Regrets to fix it (if you CAN).

That's why the "sheep" are using the strongest builds they can find. They want to play a game, not pour over spreadsheets for days.

Maybe instead of nerfing builds, they should be buffing builds that AREN'T powerful and stop being such a miser over who gets to see the endgame.

What the hell is the point having the endgame be only viewable by the most OP builds, only to go and nerf those builds cuz they got to see it? Talk about a waste of content.

Well said. GGG has really been taking PoE down a dark path this year that has been in pursuit of squashing all top players that can play 18+ hours 7 days a week and get to level 100 in under a month. In Essence league I saw 2 players get to 100 in 2 weeks so their builds (probably BV) must have really been OP and allowed them to clear the maps super fast. By continuing to attempt to halt the handful of top elite players and their race to 100 GGG has really pissed off the 99% what with uber content (the 4 T16 bosses and The Shaper uber final boss) that is out of reach for us. Let's be honest, no amount of "get gud" is going to get me a build and skill set that can face roll these bosses. Just not gonna happen. So the new AoW content is only for the handful of top elites. I'm sorry GGG moderators (aka etiquette police) but these few players have to be playing PoE 18+ hours a day 7 days a week and as such do not have a life outside of PoE by playing this way. That is their choice to do so but then to condemn the rest of us who just want a challenging arpg but never will be able to scale the content difficulty wall that GGG is continuously raising to ever higher heights is pure insanity and frustrating us to the point of quitting.

If GGG is so all about making PoE content challenging for the uber elites than they should in turn also provide endgame content that is more reasonably in line with our available time to play PoE each week (about 20 to 30 hours). If the "fun-to-play" content is only fun to play for such a small subset of players that can create an endgame viable build then what's the value for GGG in doing that. Sure they can do it but why piss off millions of players and lose millions of mtx sales in the process?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 22, 2016, 3:24:28 PM
100 lmao/ i can barley play till 85-90 anymore when map repetition kicks in. If you like that sorta thing more of it wont hurt you.
Git R Dun!
The problem is, that GGG isn't nerfing, they destroy skill,passives and items.
Remember Cloak of Defiance, old Arctic Armour, old Eldrich Battery and Incinerate? They are all complete shit now and nobody is using them.

Even Blizzard does a better job nowadays with Diablo 3...
Last edited by SuperSaiaJin on Sep 22, 2016, 4:26:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info