BOB, Trivialize the game on a budget - beginner friendly

From my experience playing this build, i found out few things that worked well

1. Use a wither totem. This will help you especially with bosses or difficult rares.

Links: Wither - Spell Totem - Faster Casting

2. Use Bladefall instead of Blade Vortex in Wyrmsign for bosses that uses DoT attacks since we can't get 100% leech without getting a savage hit. Doedre's flask helps yes but remember that we're not Pathfinder so charge generation is a bitch. Just place a wither totem, run around and bladefall the shit out of em.

Links: Bladefall - Controlled Destruction - Faster Casting - Poison

3. As stated by lapilesos, for phys reflect maps you use Physical to Lightning Support. For double reflect maps, I use Added Chaos Damage Support. Not that effective but works well enough and I've yet to die due to double reflect while using this support gem.

4. Labs are a pain in the ass for this build because of well Vaal Pact, though Izaro is ezy pzy with it. You could either get a friend to help you run it, pay a vouched runner, or with few respect points available just respect Vaal Pact while running around traps and put it back in for Izaro. You could do labs without respecting Vaal Pact, just bring a Quicksilver flask and an extra life flask (3 life flask setup), use Bladefall to destroy sentry traps, be extra careful around traps and you'll be fine.

5. Commandment of Blades enchantment on Wyrmsign work wonders! Though, uber lab of course

Good Luck!
Enduring cry helps survive those traps a bit.

My setup for hard attack hitters is Spell totem-SRS-MS-Blind. Put it somewhere at wand and watch how those beast surround bosses.

Other is Taunt totem with totem buff gems. This is 3-link. if it survives first hit - it is usefull.

Cheers.

PS: Funny is - twinned bosses are easier with this build then single ones ;)

Guys,

I'm wondering if Whisper of Doom aids this build that much. Could this potentially be dropped in favour of Sovereignty (maybe even by way of Purity of Flesh for +life, being mindful of keeping chaos res low) and instead of dual curse we run vulnerability + aura?

Haste - movement speed is king
Anger - more deeps if wanted
Grace...etc.

Does WoD do that much for us?

Thoughts please?

A
Iam using a setup without VP i pulled MOM - works fine - the 1-2% leech and the good reg.
using vul on Flask or CWTD setup (depends) and only one aura --> Arctic Armour

6,3k Life / 1k unreserved Mana
With 4 Frenzy i got 500 Lifereg/s and with rallying cry (last around 2x seconds) i got 150 mana reg/s

Heres my Gear

and tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQPuBAcEswj0ES0RLxQgFr8W6RzcHb4fxyGQIvQkNyaVKPoreCycLYsxnjLRM4c1kjY9Olg64TwFPV89_D8nQYdFR0WdSshMs03jUEJQR1JTUzVTUlVLVYVVxlhjWW1fKl8_X5hf0GHiYqxqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZbqpvO3X9eA15aHyDgseD24RvhTKMNozPjxqTJ5eVl_SYV5o7muCdqp_foS-iAKLZpcumV6lusNi1SLXytz64k76KvwjAGsBUwGbBBMbYyBTPMtAf1ELVpti96hDrY-vk6-7tPO8O73zv6_Af8kX1b_ZI-F_56P4K_o8=

Last edited by noobstaa on Oct 14, 2016, 10:56:09 AM
While I'm asking questions...

Why on earth take Skittering Runes when Master of Force is right there?

Anyone have tips for the shaper? I've tried it a couple times but his DoT has been wrecking me pretty bad.
"
BigDRaidBoss wrote:
Anyone have tips for the shaper? I've tried it a couple times but his DoT has been wrecking me pretty bad.

Not killed Shaper yet, but all hard DoT encounters was easy with Doedre's Elexir. May be you need 2?
Hey! I just watched the YT video put out by MinstrelShadrak, I thought I'd share the way I've build my berzerker BV char, mostly to talk about the benefits of going crit. Have you accepted Crit into your life yet?

Lemme show you my flasks:
Spoiler

with options of
etc
Basically you can run any suite of non-unique flasks and have them 100% uptime (except diamond b/c it can't roll surgeon's) for not much effort. So, I think going crit actually helps your defenses. I did Uber lab at level 80-ish and it wasn't very scary, because I could keep my granite + basalt up all the time. And of course, whenever I take massive damage, I get massive leech. Berzerker + VP is a riot. Really. Having a mega-buffed surgeon's life flask makes degen very safe as well. Here's the passive tree I'm working with, or you can look at my character "TwoOh".

Personally, I dropped the Obliterations for a dagger + shield, but you could probably keep the Oblits. I just like my WB and zerk gives so much free attack speed.
And here's the rest of my gear/gems
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Hiya,

Just a tip for people having trouble with the Labyrinth:

Before you start your lab run, consume 3 regrets, and:

-Spec out of Vaal pact. enter in lab
-Before each boss fight spec into vaal pact.
-After first and second boss spec out of vaal pact.

Yes a lab run is costing you 3 regret, but you only have to do it once for the ascendancy points.

You've got plenty life regen from the tree to make the trap gauntlets easy mode.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Oct 24, 2016, 1:36:56 PM
Why do you guys struggle with Vaal pact?

With this build the Lab itself is easy going ... but struggle with Izaro.
Maybe because of the lacking experience, maybe due to stupidity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info