[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

I don't understand why voidbringer is such a nice choice. The mana cost is insane (does not seem to be a big problem for low life build though). I would just bring a diamond flask with 75% crit chance rather than spending so many exalts on my gear to use a voidbringer.
"
damelon wrote:

Thank you for the advice and ya i am trying to find an ammy but i didn't know that the dagger and shield need to be much better.

Also personally i don't like void bringer. I won't change it now but the increased mana cost is really annoying. Also the lack of resists on void bringer coupled with dual daggers (as daggers also rarely have res) makes gearing harder. So you need much better other gear to compensate.

Personally i died a lot when i had 9k es ( though i admit its my fault for playing bad). Now that my es increased i am not sure i want to go back to 9k by giving up my shield (just checked it would actually be 10k so maybe i can dual wield if i find a good dagger) But i would need to make up the resists which is hard. As MS boots are expensive so i only have ring or ammy slot left that i can realistically improve.

Would anger + regular gloves be that much less damage compared to void bringer + clarity (no anger).

Ohh and i think my flasks are ok and new ammy. At least for now its ok, better than the last 1 and with the jewel i have enough dex.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Not sure how to link jewels but i have an energy from within, a 10 cast speed, and an

Hypnotic Stone
Cobalt Jewel
--------
Item Level: 77
--------
4% increased Cast Speed with Fire Skills
4% increased Cast Speed
6% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate
+10 to Dexterity and Intelligence
--------

I just added sorrow of divine yesterday after reading this thread. And ya the character feels very strong i just wanted to know where to improve so Thanks!
Last edited by LastxResort on Jan 1, 2017, 12:32:25 PM
"
LastxResort wrote:
"
damelon wrote:

Also personally i don't like void bringer. I won't change it now but the increased mana cost is really annoying. Also the lack of resists on void bringer coupled with dual daggers (as daggers also rarely have res) makes gearing harder. So you need much better other gear to compensate.

Would anger + regular gloves be that much less damage compared to void bringer + clarity (no anger).

I don't really "like" Voidbringer either. (Primarily due to the loss of +ES on kill) The mana cost is really high and it is a PITA. Still, I am finally using them. The biggest thing it does is give a huge boost to your crit chance. It was really only doable for me once my regen reached 70. Anger + Gloves, especially Fingerless Silk gloves, (With a 15%+ spell damage boost) is perfectly fine. Anger really scales up your flameblast damage well. Tool-tip wise, it will show you more DPS with silk gloves + anger, but that doesn't take into account that crits bypass all resistances. The OP doesn't really need voidbringers because he has 2 amazing daggers that give 180% chance each. The whole point of going Inquisitor here is that you crit. The OP doesn't even stack multiplier, because the build really doesn't need to.

That being said, you can use a diamond flask, or power charges to get your crit too. My base crit with voidbringers is near 75%, and thats without charges. My mana isn't a problem now, but it took quite a bit for me to get there. With voidbringers though, I didn't need other nodes, like the last power charge/duration node, and the 25% increased crit chance for totems node. It really is all relative based on the gear you get, the drops you get, and how you like your playstyle. The main reason I think people would want to use voidbringers is that your base crit chance is much higher. Power charges and diamond flasks aren't always up. No matter what I have at least 75% crit chance, and I like that. I don't like dumping anger, because I like the base damage it adds and how well it scales with Flameblast.

My initial impression of Voidbringers was the same as the last two posters. It didn't seem like it was helping me, and my mana consumption was insane. Now that I'm capping out my gems, jewels, and levels though, I am starting to like them a lot more than I did, but it does take work to make them viable.

I agree with you too on your ES. If you would drop down to 9k ES, I wouldn't make the switch. ( I wouldn't personally ) I only did so when I was sure I could stay above 10k. But I have a ring that I can craft %ES onto, I am just not doing that until I 6L my chest.
Last edited by damelon on Jan 1, 2017, 7:33:24 PM
"
Boseafus wrote:
Hi there,
I'm very new to this game and this is my first build. I'm starting to feel a bit squishy and would like to know what to focus on. I'm life build and currently at level 76. I have about 50 chaos orbs and need to know what to look for to progress (I'm doing level 5 maps but they are becoming a bit more challenging). I know my items need updating but not sure the best way to go about that (I can use poe.trade) but wasn't sure if crafting (making items better with the sharpening wheel for example)..is the way to go. Any advice would be welcome. This games wonderful but completely overwhelming to a noob.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWA3UEBwSzBUIHHgj0CaoMUhGWFm8WvxpsHNwfAiBuIvQkqiaVKhMsnDbFNuk6WDwFPV9BlkWdSVFJsUyzUDBQQlJTUzVTUlVLVcZYd1jlWitfBGHiZJ1mnmjyakNsC20Zcg9_xoKbg9uLjIw2jxqP-pErkm6TJ5RvlS6XlZf0mjua4J2un9-hL6IAo_KnCKi5rJius7xWvOq-isBUwGbAmtAf0PXSfNWm18_YJNn842rkIuvu6_XtPO9874jv6_Af8NXyHfk3-d360g==

replying to my own post, but I could still use some insight from those of you who know this build. If you have a few, can you let me know where I should focus on?
"
Boseafus wrote:
"
Boseafus wrote:
Hi there,
I'm very new to this game and this is my first build. I'm starting to feel a bit squishy and would like to know what to focus on. I'm life build and currently at level 76. I have about 50 chaos orbs and need to know what to look for to progress (I'm doing level 5 maps but they are becoming a bit more challenging). I know my items need updating but not sure the best way to go about that (I can use poe.trade) but wasn't sure if crafting (making items better with the sharpening wheel for example)..is the way to go. Any advice would be welcome. This games wonderful but completely overwhelming to a noob.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWA3UEBwSzBUIHHgj0CaoMUhGWFm8WvxpsHNwfAiBuIvQkqiaVKhMsnDbFNuk6WDwFPV9BlkWdSVFJsUyzUDBQQlJTUzVTUlVLVcZYd1jlWitfBGHiZJ1mnmjyakNsC20Zcg9_xoKbg9uLjIw2jxqP-pErkm6TJ5RvlS6XlZf0mjua4J2un9-hL6IAo_KnCKi5rJius7xWvOq-isBUwGbAmtAf0PXSfNWm18_YJNn842rkIuvu6_XtPO9874jv6_Af8NXyHfk3-d360g==

replying to my own post, but I could still use some insight from those of you who know this build. If you have a few, can you let me know where I should focus on?

In general, upgrade everything! haha

First,
upgrade your helmet, glove, ring and belt. You can get much much higher life and resist with a little investment.

then
Get a dagger with cast speed (normally the base crit chance would be 80%)
Get a better chest with 5 link. I suggest an ES 700+ 5-link, so you can switch to CI later. If you want to stick with life, get a chest with high life and decent resists(cheaper).
Get a movement speed boot.

You could probably buy all these with 50c except the chest.

To get more damage, you can buy a lv20 flameblast (a few chaos), then you should be fine until late maps

Good luck
Your link to passive tree for 89points in CI lvling tips does not accuractely represent the skill tree if you were lvling as CI. You show having life nodes.
"

In general, upgrade everything! haha

First,
upgrade your helmet, glove, ring and belt. You can get much much higher life and resist with a little investment.

then
Get a dagger with cast speed (normally the base crit chance would be 80%)
Get a better chest with 5 link. I suggest an ES 700+ 5-link, so you can switch to CI later. If you want to stick with life, get a chest with high life and decent resists(cheaper).
Get a movement speed boot.

You could probably buy all these with 50c except the chest.

To get more damage, you can buy a lv20 flameblast (a few chaos), then you should be fine until late maps

Good luck

Honestly, this is really helpful. Just knowing what to upgrade first get's me in the right direction. Thanks for replying.
"
SupaPoeTime wrote:
Your link to passive tree for 89points in CI lvling tips does not accuractely represent the skill tree if you were lvling as CI. You show having life nodes.

You leveling with life, and respec later to CI, thats usually how people switch from Life to CI at ~70 lv.
Has anyone done chayula domain with this build?

I did Uul's domain one and i got the the boss portal with only like 20 seconds to spare. The timer even dipped below 10 once or twice so i am not sure if i can reach chayula. Uul died quick though.
"
LastxResort wrote:
Has anyone done chayula domain with this build?

I did Uul's domain one and i got the the boss portal with only like 20 seconds to spare. The timer even dipped below 10 once or twice so i am not sure if i can reach chayula. Uul died quick though.

i didn't done personally on this build, but chayula rares have less hp than those tanky tul rares on the way to boss, so shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.. you can skip some rares too to keep timer up (to avoid risk losing a portal to boss)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info