[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Should i respec into zealots oath? How is it for those who play it? Worth it?

Also i am looking to upgrade my ring and i was wondering what damage stat would be best? I don't really need res on it so i might be able to get damage.

Or probably not - i will get res and drop my shield
Last edited by LastxResort on Jan 3, 2017, 12:15:52 PM
"
LastxResort wrote:
Should i respec into zealots oath? How is it for those who play it? Worth it?

Also i am looking to upgrade my ring and i was wondering what damage stat would be best? I don't really need res on it so i might be able to get damage.

Or probably not - i will get res and drop my shield

I run The Sorrow of the Divine to provide Zealots oath.

saves a skill point and gives you Conc ground.

Will need to use your quicksilver (if you use one) as a blood/chill/shock removal so no double speed, but since I am always moving anyway with totems and no need to really stop, I find just using Sorrow strongly outweighs the use of skill-points.
The thing with sorrow is that i dont have a lot of life regen, if you respec into zealots then you take sanctify and that gives 1% regen. Also flask isnt always up.

I dunno i just hate dying and figure it might be worth it.
I love the build but i think i am doing something wrong... i only have around 1700 dps?? it does fine i can run 10-12 maps pretty easy but i see people having 8-10k dps?? the char is Breachinginfive in profile... Thanks for any input
"
LastxResort wrote:
The thing with sorrow is that i dont have a lot of life regen, if you respec into zealots then you take sanctify and that gives 1% regen. Also flask isnt always up.

You don't need a lot of life regen. Sorrow still makes consecrated ground, which gives you 4% life regen (which is 4% ES regen with Sorrow) in the addition of ZO during the flask effect. Speccing into ZO doesn't give you any bonuses on its own, other than always-on ES regen, but you are unlikely to have much of that unless you go Pious path and Sanctity, which gives you 3% passive. The 1% in Sanctity is nice and all, but it is only 1%, and it takes 4 nodes to get it. 3 are cast speed, which is nice, and the 10% ES is also nice, so it isn't a bad choice. (I'm assuming you meant sanctity and not sanctify, which by itself is kind of a waste. If you don't do Pious Path you are just wasting those Ascendancy nodes)

Popping Sorrow of the Divine + Vaal Dicepline is a big band-aid for some nice life saving. The big reason I use Sorrow vs re-speccing ZO and Pious Path is that, in my opinion, you miss out on the major benefits most of the time. This is a very mobile build. You will likely move out of your consecrated ground areas often. Which means you won't be getting the benefits of those nodes most of the time. Where as you should be getting the Instruments of Virtue buffs almost constantly. The benefits of Augury of Penitence are also very good, though they depend on range. The "less" damage mod is awesome.

As for the flask not always being up... well, other than boss fights, it should be. A single flameblast on a pack should refill it enough to use again, plus you get 3 uses on its own until it is empty.
Last edited by damelon on Jan 3, 2017, 7:59:53 PM
"
damelon wrote:
"
LastxResort wrote:

You don't need a lot of life regen. Sorrow still makes consecrated ground, which gives you 4% life regen (which is 4% ES regen with Sorrow) in the addition of ZO during the flask effect. Speccing into ZO doesn't give you any bonuses on its own, other than always-on ES regen, but you are unlikely to have much of that unless you go Pious path and Sanctity, which gives you 3% passive. The 1% in Sanctity is nice and all, but it is only 1%, and it takes 4 nodes to get it. 3 are cast speed, which is nice, and the 10% ES is also nice, so it isn't a bad choice. (I'm assuming you meant sanctity and not sanctify, which by itself is kind of a waste. If you don't do Pious Path you are just wasting those Ascendancy nodes)

Popping Sorrow of the Divine + Vaal Dicepline is a big band-aid for some nice life saving. The big reason I use Sorrow vs re-speccing ZO and Pious Path is that, in my opinion, you miss out on the major benefits most of the time. This is a very mobile build. You will likely move out of your consecrated ground areas often. Which means you won't be getting the benefits of those nodes most of the time. Where as you should be getting the Instruments of Virtue buffs almost constantly. The benefits of Augury of Penitence are also very good, though they depend on range. The "less" damage mod is awesome.

As for the flask not always being up... well, other than boss fights, it should be. A single flameblast on a pack should refill it enough to use again, plus you get 3 uses on its own until it is empty.

Correct me if I am wrong but consecrated ground gives you 4% of your maximum life per second, as a CI character your maximum life is 1. You're literally regenerating 1.04 energy shield per second with this flask, all your healing is coming from vaal discipline.
So unless you're a hybrid or life build with plenty of HP or if you already have a lot of life regeneration, this flask is useless.

Edit: clarification
Last edited by DarkShad0wZ on Jan 4, 2017, 1:38:45 AM
So I've decided to switch to 1h/shield and I absolutely do not regret losing a little bit of damage for the survivability boost, I also swapped to a blasphemy/enfeeble setup and am still not running anger.
Any T15 content is easy, T16 isn't too bad so long as you can avoid mechanics, Uber izaro is also easily farmable.
I haven't done uber atziri or shaper yet but I am fairly confident that this character can handle it.

I'm looking for ways to improve this build primarily finding ways to get energy shield to regenerate at a quicker rate, besides getting better equipment I'm not quite sure just how much more I can squeeze out of this setup. 21/20 gems will be a huge damage boost. I would really appreciate some tips if anyone has any xD
These are my stats with power charges up
stats

For crit build in perspective :)
which one is better for 5L body: Controlled Destruction or Fire Penetration?
now critical chance not so much ~13% (use Controlled Destruction), gear -> spell dmg and cast speed.
Last edited by wastefulby on Jan 4, 2017, 4:55:45 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I'm loving this build more and more. It was easy to get into (a decent 5L ES chest is all you need), and you can upgrade a lot. Finally got my hands on a good dagger and am now at three totems with 13.3K unbuffed tooltip each.

I think that puts my dps over 500K :)

To-do:
- get a better helm and a decent enchant on it
- get the 120% crit enchant on my boots and any enchant on my gloves
- 6L Shavronne's Wrappings, so I can add back Anger to go to low-life - which should bring my tooltip to 20K or so.
- better jewels

Are you able to link your skill tree for this? Thanks :)
Stupid but funny idea?

What about a hierophant with Soul Mantle? It gets 5 totems (with poor dmgs ok).

But it can be fun (and clearly not for above T10 end maps)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info