[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Can anyone tell me the reasoning for picking
Arcane Potency - 30% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
Arcane Potency - 30% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
Along with all of the other points needed to get there..

All of it gets erased by Controlled Destruction...
Is it worth taking the 1% life regen with zealot's oath using the CI variant? Or is this 1% ES regen neglegtible? I already spent alot of regrets in Hardcore Legue for this chracter, so before I spent more I want to know for sure if it is worth taking these nodes. Cheers
Last edited by MyBallsOnYaChin on Dec 30, 2016, 7:14:33 AM
"
Hucci wrote:

you still crit with controlled destruction, it's a bit weird i never really tried to understand it - to me it's just a nice trade, some crit for lots of dmg
"
Hucci wrote:

It's the 100% reduced critical strike chance that throws people. Remember that these are not absolute numbers. Like when you get one dagger with 100% increased critical strike chance for spells... it doesn't make it so you always crit, it makes it so your chance to crit is increased by 100% of it's current base value. So in reality, controlled destruction lowers your chance to crit by single digit percentage points. (Instead of say 60% base, you might have 55% base chance to crit) That is one reason that crit chance is stacked so much as well.
Last edited by damelon on Dec 30, 2016, 9:08:00 AM
"
Is it worth taking the 1% life regen with zealot's oath using the CI variant? Or is this 1% ES regen neglegtible? I already spent alot of regrets in Hardcore Legue for this chracter, so before I spent more I want to know for sure if it is worth taking these nodes. Cheers

i use this variant and its much better

here is my passive tree @ lvl 95

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYDdQVCBx4Jqg5IES0RLxFQEZYV1xZAGF0abBslHNwdFCBuIvQk2CmLKgsrCiycLL8y0TW5NsU8BTzvPV9BlkShRUdJUUuuTLNOrlAwUlNWY1jlWitca13yXl1mnmjybAttGXBSfIN_xoAwgpuD84RIhW2FfYauidOLeouMjDaMdo5kjxqPRo_6kSuSbpMnlS6XlZf0mjubbp2un9-hL6PypwinK6eUrfGuEq6zsTa2-rcxuZO8Vr6KwGbAmsMJwxPDbdAf0PXR_dJ81YHVptgk2VvZ_Nte34bi9-kC6-7r9ewY7TzvfO_r8NXyHfem98H53frS?accountName=blajo&characterName=_Khadgar_

i got 10% regen when im stay on Consecrated Ground (4% from ground, 4% from pious path, 1% from Sanctity and 1% (0.5+0.5) from little ascendancy nodes)
i got 10k es and 1k regen/per sec staying on Consecrated Ground
i think its a best survi for this build

good option is this amu for more % regen (+1.6% with perf roll)

and using 2% enchant from uber lab its a goo option too

use this flask to generate Consecrated Ground

ing: Sehemyr
Last edited by blajo on Dec 30, 2016, 10:44:39 AM
I'm loving this build more and more. It was easy to get into (a decent 5L ES chest is all you need), and you can upgrade a lot. Finally got my hands on a good dagger and am now at three totems with 13.3K unbuffed tooltip each.

I think that puts my dps over 500K :)

To-do:
- get a better helm and a decent enchant on it
- get the 120% crit enchant on my boots and any enchant on my gloves
- 6L Shavronne's Wrappings, so I can add back Anger to go to low-life - which should bring my tooltip to 20K or so.
- better jewels

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 30, 2016, 5:32:23 PM
I would like to know if my character can take shaper with this setip. Also, what is the best part that I can improve, other than enchants

I am using a second curse because I think it can have much more damage or defence than any other point spent on the tree.

Thanks
Hi there,
I'm very new to this game and this is my first build. I'm starting to feel a bit squishy and would like to know what to focus on. I'm life build and currently at level 76. I have about 50 chaos orbs and need to know what to look for to progress (I'm doing level 5 maps but they are becoming a bit more challenging). I know my items need updating but not sure the best way to go about that (I can use poe.trade) but wasn't sure if crafting (making items better with the sharpening wheel for example)..is the way to go. Any advice would be welcome. This games wonderful but completely overwhelming to a noob.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWA3UEBwSzBUIHHgj0CaoMUhGWFm8WvxpsHNwfAiBuIvQkqiaVKhMsnDbFNuk6WDwFPV9BlkWdSVFJsUyzUDBQQlJTUzVTUlVLVcZYd1jlWitfBGHiZJ1mnmjyakNsC20Zcg9_xoKbg9uLjIw2jxqP-pErkm6TJ5RvlS6XlZf0mjua4J2un9-hL6IAo_KnCKi5rJius7xWvOq-isBUwGbAmtAf0PXSfNWm18_YJNn842rkIuvu6_XtPO9874jv6_Af8NXyHfk3-d360g==
"
zyysking wrote:
I would like to know if my character can take shaper with this setip. Also, what is the best part that I can improve, other than enchants

I am using a second curse because I think it can have much more damage or defence than any other point spent on the tree.

Thanks

If you can somehow get cold resistance elsewhere: Voidbringer gloves up your dps considerably.
Your Topaz ring sucks considerably. Get a ring where you can get a 20% ES mastercraft on.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 30, 2016, 5:29:52 PM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I'm loving this build more and more. It was easy to get into (a decent 5L ES chest is all you need), and you can upgrade a lot. Finally got my hands on a good dagger and am now at three totems with 13.3K unbuffed tooltip each.

I think that puts my dps over 500K :)

Are you getting 13.3k tooltip wth conc i assume?
And do you mean unbuffed as in no auras, golems, totems, instruments in hideout?

Just curious because i'm nearing the limits of this build as 100% life-based i think.
I can get to 14,500 dps(conc) or 9246 dps(aoe) x 3 totems buffed with charges, instruments, golem and anger.

I'll probably take this to a low life build once i get dumped to standard. I just don't see how life based can progress much further than what i am.
So far I've done all breaches but chayula and all 4 guardians as well as many rare and corrupted maps up to the T16s.

I've tried to roll a cast speed dagger about 25-30 times now. no luck.

Stuck with either of these til i get one.

Last edited by Dissever on Dec 30, 2016, 8:20:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info