[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Dissever wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I'm loving this build more and more. It was easy to get into (a decent 5L ES chest is all you need), and you can upgrade a lot. Finally got my hands on a good dagger and am now at three totems with 13.3K unbuffed tooltip each.

I think that puts my dps over 500K :)

Are you getting 13.3k tooltip wth conc i assume?
And do you mean unbuffed as in no auras, golems, totems, instruments in hideout?

Yes. No auras (I don't use Anger), golems, charges (I use only 3: I find it too hard to keep them up all the time), totem etc. And I am using conc effect: once your cast speed is high enough and you have three totems, the reduced AOE doesn't really matter anymore. The critters are followed by rapidly closing orange circles and at 16.1K (buffed) only one needs to hit.

The one thing that is problematic is frost breaches: having no anti-freeze, I get frozen a lot and once the flasks run out.......

"
Dissever wrote:

Just curious because i'm nearing the limits of this build as 100% life-based i think.
I can get to 14,500 dps(conc) or 9246 dps(aoe) x 3 totems buffed with charges, instruments, golem and anger.
I'll probably take this to a low life build once i get dumped to standard. I just don't see how life based can progress much further than what i am.

Having tried all three: CI is stronger than life and hybrid is even stronger (CI cannot use Tukohama Fortres).
Hybrid is so much stronger than life it is almost ridiculous. I'm at 1445 life and 9317 ES. and I think I can tack on another 1000 ES or so. So more hit points (and much less one-shots), more dps.

"
Dissever wrote:

I've tried to roll a cast speed dagger about 25-30 times now. no luck.

I bought mine. Well worth it.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 30, 2016, 9:37:14 PM
is that 13k buffed or unbuffed?

i have 7k unbuffed dps with concentrated effect and i had no problems on t15 or chimera.
Is there a reason that CI doesn't take the fire nodes at the top or that life/hybrid doesn't doesn't take pure cast speed nodes? As far as I can tell, these are a bit arbitrary.
"
damelon wrote:
"
Hucci wrote:
Can anyone tell me the reasoning for picking
Arcane Potency - 30% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
Arcane Potency - 30% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
Along with all of the other points needed to get there..

All of it gets erased by Controlled Destruction...

It's the 100% reduced critical strike chance that throws people. Remember that these are not absolute numbers. Like when you get one dagger with 100% increased critical strike chance for spells... it doesn't make it so you always crit, it makes it so your chance to crit is increased by 100% of it's current base value. So in reality, controlled destruction lowers your chance to crit by single digit percentage points. (Instead of say 60% base, you might have 55% base chance to crit) That is one reason that crit chance is stacked so much as well.

Ahhhh alright thanks. Funky wording.

Reducing something 100% irl sounds like removing it completely, but we're going off of GGG's definition here I guess lol.
"
LastxResort wrote:

i have 7k unbuffed dps with concentrated effect and i had no problems on t15 or chimera.

Unbuffed.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
LastxResort wrote:

The two big things for big tooltip jumps in this build are using Conc Effect and and Controlled destruction. Both use the "More" modifier vs the increased modifier. The build scales very well in every aspect as you upgrade. I wouldn't worry to much about your tooltip numbers and just focus on what you notice is happening while you play.

1) If you die in breaches a lot, take a look why. Are you standing on a lightning ball or in a fire column? Then you need to move! Are you frozen, bleeding, or burning? Need those potions with anti-modifiers. With flameblast, potions recharge virtually every time a pizza goes off in a breach. You just need to spam them every few seconds. If you are ES, get yourself a sorrow of the divine (Unless you took ZO, in which case a sulphur flask) to get some ES recharge and vaal dicipline. Or it could be that your totems are just getting wrecked or that your cast speed is too slow to keep up with the waves of mobs. You can use the terrain to your advantage too.

2) If you aren't doing quite enough damage. Is your cast speed up to par? (Do pizzas take too long to hit 10 stages) Is your weapon junk? Do you have a 5L/6L or quality gems? All of these improve your build, but aren't required. I am slowly upgrading piece by piece. For gems, always level another set in your off-weapons so you can transition your level 20 gems to lv1 + 20% quality while not in use. You dont need 80%/100% crit on your daggers right away. There are plenty with 80%/50% available that have cast speed on them. Remember, critical hits bypass resistances, and that doesn't show up on the tooltip. The build utilizes the power charges to get you near cap crit for exactly that reason.

3) For ES or Life, constantly look to upgrade items for more ES or Life. There are some big tiers to hit on gear, and most of the tiers are quite cheap. It is only when you get to the final tears that the price really ramps up. I personally use ES, and tried to get my resist requirements off of my gloves so I can switch to Voidbringer at any time.

4) You can use Jewels to fill in the gaps. The OP uses 3-mod 10%+ cast speed Jewels. This is not necessary unless you need to make up for low or missing cast speed elsewhere. Really anything beyond 200% cast speed isn't worth the cost, in my opinion, than other mods once you reach that point. You can get an 8-10% cast speed jewel with other things on it, like life%, es%, resists, or damage for a good price if you watch to help out with other things. Consider the melding cluster + energy from within if you really need an ES boost. Sometimes a cast speed dagger (80% global crit modifier) without the crit to spells is better than one without cast speed and addition crit, depending on what the rest of your gear looks like. You really want to hit a full 10 stage flameblast... and cast speed helps with that!
Last edited by damelon on Dec 31, 2016, 10:38:55 AM
Things were going amazing until I tried Atziri. Now I need some advice again to improve and do T10+ maps, Atziri, Breachstones, and shaper. On Breachstone of Esh I didn't even make it halfway.

All resists are capped at 75% with 3.2k life and 2.1k ES. I already bought items with hp where I could, not sure how to pick up more life. Most of the Atziri bosses 1 shot me, and Atziri herself did as well.

My Flameblast totems are 90% cast speed, 100% AOE, 2.6k avg damage, with 45% crit (70% w/6 power charges) and 293% crit multiplier.

This is fun and probably my strongest character (beats usual summoner I make each season, and my storm call character.) Yet I'm surprised the "end game" seems to still be so far out of my league. Is there a list of Best in Slot gear for Flameblast and the End Game?

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWA3UEBwSzBUIHHgj0CaoMUhGWFkAWbxpsHNwfAiBuIvQkqiTYKhMqjSycNsU22DbpOlg8BT1fQZZEoUkbSVFMs1AwUlNVxlh3WOVaK18EZJ1mVGaeaPJqQ2wLbRl_xoKbg9uD84VthXuFfYuMjxqP-pErkm6TJ5Uul5WX9Jo7na6f36EvogCj8qcIqLmsmK4SrrO5k7xWvorAVMBmwJrDCdAf0PXSfNWB1abYJNn82t3bXuNq5CLr7uv17DjsVe0873zv6_Af8NXxbPId-d360g==
Q(^_^Q)
Last edited by Corani on Dec 31, 2016, 8:01:44 PM
"
damelon wrote:

2) If you aren't doing quite enough damage. Is your cast speed up to par? (Do pizzas take too long to hit 10 stages) Is your weapon junk? Do you have a 5L/6L or quality gems?

I have a 6 link and quality gems and i have no idea how to double my damage like yours....

I dunno is my weapon junk? I know i have to drop my shield but i have to juggle resistance and dexterity so it is taking a while to find something good and affordable.

I am happy with the character just that i don't know how to progress from here other than dual wielding. But will that alone get me to 13k with conc?

Just got a new helm and belt so the amulet can be changed immediately just that i need the stats off it and not the resists.

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYDdQVCBx4JqgxSDkgRLREvEVARlhXXFkAbJRzcHRQgbiL0JNgqCysKLJwsvzLRNbk2xTwFPV9BlkShRUdJUUmxS65Ms06uUDBSU1ZjWHdY5VorXGtd8l5dXwRknWaebAttGXBSfIN_xoKbg_OESIVthX2GronTi3qLjIw2jHaPGo9Gj_qRK5JukyeVLpeVl_SaO5x7na6f36Evo_KnCKcrp5Soua4SrrOxNrcxvFa-isBmwJrDE8Nt0B_Q9dH90nzVgdWm18_YJNlb2fza3dte4vfpAuvu6_XsGO087WHvfO-I7-vw1fId-Tf53frS?accountName=LastxResort&characterName=FireTotemsProbably
Last edited by LastxResort on Dec 31, 2016, 8:54:49 PM
"
LastxResort wrote:
"
damelon wrote:

2) If you aren't doing quite enough damage. Is your cast speed up to par? (Do pizzas take too long to hit 10 stages) Is your weapon junk? Do you have a 5L/6L or quality gems?

I have a 6 link and quality gems and i have no idea how to double my damage like yours....

I dunno is my weapon junk? I know i have to drop my shield but i have to juggle resistance and dexterity so it is taking a while to find something good and affordable.

I am happy with the character just that i don't know how to progress from here other than dual wielding. But will that alone get me to 13k with conc?

Just got a new helm and belt so the amulet can be changed immediately just that i need the stats off it and not the resists.

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYDdQVCBx4JqgxSDkgRLREvEVARlhXXFkAbJRzcHRQgbiL0JNgqCysKLJwsvzLRNbk2xTwFPV9BlkShRUdJUUmxS65Ms06uUDBSU1ZjWHdY5VorXGtd8l5dXwRknWaebAttGXBSfIN_xoKbg_OESIVthX2GronTi3qLjIw2jHaPGo9Gj_qRK5JukyeVLpeVl_SaO5x7na6f36Evo_KnCKcrp5Soua4SrrOxNrcxvFa-isBmwJrDE8Nt0B_Q9dH90nzVgdWm18_YJNlb2fza3dte4vfpAuvu6_XsGO087WHvfO-I7-vw1fId-Tf53frS?accountName=LastxResort&characterName=FireTotemsProbably

Well, I have a very similar tree to yours. I just switched to voidbringer, but I also dual-wield and have two daggers with a LOT of crit. You use a shield, but you need a shield with 100% crit to spells on it. I've seen plenty that were 330+ es and 100% crit to spells for pretty cheap. Your dagger has cast speed but not very good crit. And if it doesn't have good crit, it should have +damage to spells (fire) to it. When I didn't have +90% or more to spells, i used a dagger with a ton of base damage to spells on it.

Your helm is great! Chest has awesome ES too.

Your amulet has almost nothing. You need 12%+ cast speed and crit multi on it. You can always craft too. I sold several for 10c or less that had tons of combos like +ES, +Multi, +spell %.

At your level, you should have a crystal belt that has 100+ es on it. You can usually get them for 50c+ or more with 100%+ ele resists.

With voidbringer, my base crit chance before power charges is at 74.8% without charges. Since you have 2 more power charge nodes, you probably don't need the +25% crit chance to totems node if your base crit chance is 70%+. It ends up being less than a 1% difference. You can remove that and add it to something else if your crit chance is high, depending on your needs. Crit multi, or +regen/es, or cast speed, etc. You can probably improve your jewels a bit. If you have less than 10% cast speed on any of them, you should have a +damage modifier. Especially if you are using a shield. I would guess that your crit% is pretty low though, since you really only seem to have a low crit on one dagger. The voidbringers do help to make up that gap though.

I just am trying switching to voidbringers myself now, but I do run out of mana in big waves, and I have level 21 clarity since I have a corrupted +1 to all gems voidbringer (which boosts my dicipline, clairty, enlighten, and vaal dicipline). I'm still only on 5L, but my tooltip unbuffed is 8.6k with conc. With 6L, that would grow quite a bit. I can do T15 maps no problem. Breaches can be problematic depending on mods and the breach. I'm around 10k ES, but I have a ring that I am waiting to add +ES% to it. That would grow my ES quite a bit too. Those are things to think about when you gear. How to expand in the future.

I also can't see your pots. You want pots that handle all DoTs, or effects like Frozen. Then just mash buttons to hit them all. I use Sorrow of the Divine for ES regen, Rumi's, a Silver, a Basalt, and a Quicksilver. Make sure you mod them to last so you can spam them in breaches. I did have higher es boots (like 250+ es) but switched them out for 30% movespeed boots with 185 es, and it makes a lot of things easier where I can't necessarily use whirling blades.

I'd say you need a better dagger, a shield with crit to spells on it, and an amulet with crit multiplier and cast speed. (as well as es mods) Once you hit 90, you really should have been able to find a good deal on something better if you look, but it is understandable if you are self found or don't look at poe.trade often. I personally have hit a wall and run out of money so all I can do is save to try to 6-link. (I have a backup set of gear to use if I am trying to 6L my primary chest piece)

Those are just my thoughts. I'm no expert though. This is the furthest I've taken a character in PoE... I usually get bored before this. :) For me personally, damage isn't a problem, even with a 5L... I tend to get frustrated with bad mods, and tend to die mostly in breaches I shouldn't try. Bosses, even at T15, die very quickly. Packs die quickly. But breaches can overwhelm me if I am not careful. So if your tooltip isn't high but you are surviving, I wouldn't worry about it. The tooltip always can fool you with Flameblast.
Last edited by damelon on Jan 1, 2017, 1:02:36 AM
Doing pretty well so far - just not real sure where to go from here. My tooltip is quite a bit less than yours, not real sure what to change, though. I just
Over to voidbringer setup, but not a huge fan. Don't really see a clearing/killing boost and mana is kinda painful now. Feels like I'm missing something - any ideas? (Character is Flameblasty... if that wasn't apparent)
Last edited by rorolandofeld on Jan 1, 2017, 11:34:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info