The Dot spam and Bots

"
I will share my thoughts from the other thread:

"
"
Trainingmacro wrote:

As long as the spam itself remains, the dots remain justified. People are spamming the dots because the actual spam is clogging up the game screen.

I actually am inclined to agree with this.

Wow you banned a spambot, great job. Guess what? The damage is already done, and they're just going to make another account.

But you sure taught that bot which took 30 seconds to make an account.

Hitting the nail.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
I'm not usually one to interfere in a debate, especially such as this one.
I just got banned 24 hours due to '.' spam.
Correct, this is spam.
But that actually prevents many people to see a brick wall of text, and as well to hide as best as possible the website address, to prevent as much as possible people to be tempted to try.
So, for the first time in a game, I would actually say this is healthy spam. Spam yes, yet healthy.
Not even to mention it clears the screen well, EVEN if you are fighting. No, I won't type /clear or /cls while fighting, and therefore let the bot message stay for 20 seconds. No. Instead, I can simply let go of my mouse less than a second, and participate as a member of the community to CLEAR FOR EVERYONE (and not only me) one unhealthy message.
Because did it occur to people that are yelling "TYPE CLEAR FFS" that what we are doing is actually /clear for everyone ? Did it ? While reading answers here, I wonder.

GGG isn't the first one to try to do something against it. Yet, all others have failed. And guess what ? In MMOs, such as WoW for example, messages stayed.
BUT NO ! Not with PoE, and why is that ? Because we are mainly adults, and not kids. See how the dot spam litteraly STOPS after putting the bot message out of the screen ? Incredible huh ? Clearly not like a Twitch channel. Clearly not a kid reaction.

This is controled spam.
I won't hesitate to use the '.' once again when I'll be unmuted. It just is too good of an answer to pass on if GGG does nothing. I hope they do, so I won't have to do it again, and be muted as well. Truly.
Why do people prefer to do nothing and see bot message in the channel is clearly above my understanding. But hey, just do nothing and let messages stay. One day someone will solve this. Maybe.

Maybe you guys aren't realizing it, but we are actually trying to help GGG, but also everyone's experience with the game.
And this is our reward.
I hoped better coming from GGG standard, which was (almost) always on point as far as I remember.

Oh and by the way, I don't want to leave Global. I want to chat with people, not play in my corner.
Let me get this straight.. Ohh spam bot..... Let me get my wall of text spam going to hide theirs" ReallY???
That shit makes no sense at all. You think just because a bot spams shit you have to spam more crap on top of theirs in the name of "Protecting" others from not using a spam bot's website?

Spam is spam. It does not matter what it is,what it contains and whatever people justify using 'DOTs" for.
"Spam of Protection" so others wont see a bot's spam...LMAO. Guess what? I don't want to see your spam either.
"
Revehn wrote:
I'm not usually one to interfere in a debate, especially such as this one.
I just got banned 24 hours due to '.' spam.
Correct, this is spam.
But that actually prevents many people to see a brick wall of text, and as well to hide as best as possible the website address, to prevent as much as possible people to be tempted to try.
So, for the first time in a game, I would actually say this is healthy spam. Spam yes, yet healthy.
Not even to mention it clears the screen well, EVEN if you are fighting. No, I won't type /clear or /cls while fighting, and therefore let the bot message stay for 20 seconds. No. Instead, I can simply let go of my mouse less than a second, and participate as a member of the community to CLEAR FOR EVERYONE (and not only me) one unhealthy message.
Because did it occur to people that are yelling "TYPE CLEAR FFS" that what we are doing is actually /clear for everyone ? Did it ? While reading answers here, I wonder.

GGG isn't the first one to try to do something against it. Yet, all others have failed. And guess what ? In MMOs, such as WoW for example, messages stayed.
BUT NO ! Not with PoE, and why is that ? Because we are mainly adults, and not kids. See how the dot spam litteraly STOPS after putting the bot message out of the screen ? Incredible huh ? Clearly not like a Twitch channel. Clearly not a kid reaction.

This is controled spam.
I won't hesitate to use the '.' once again when I'll be unmuted. It just is too good of an answer to pass on if GGG does nothing. I hope they do, so I won't have to do it again, and be muted as well. Truly.
Why do people prefer to do nothing and see bot message in the channel is clearly above my understanding. But hey, just do nothing and let messages stay. One day someone will solve this. Maybe.

Maybe you guys aren't realizing it, but we are actually trying to help GGG, but also everyone's experience with the game.
And this is our reward.
I hoped better coming from GGG standard, which was (almost) always on point as far as I remember.

Oh and by the way, I don't want to leave Global. I want to chat with people, not play in my corner.

Sry mate, but I think this is the most entitled and senseless BS I ever read here, cg ^^
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
Darkkrows wrote:

tell me a way to remove wall of text from RMTbot without even typing or clicking anything at all.

Tell me a way "how to run 2 Km per day without actually running".
-logic-

On a serious note. How to "remove" bot's wall of text?
KEEP THE DAMN CONVERSATION.
Anything. It doesn't have to be dots.
Just keep sending usual messages to the chat and -FUKKEN MAGIC- : wall of bot spam would go away.
Is it so hard to think of?

"
Darkkrows wrote:
the dot spamming? it stop most of the time the moment the wall of text is gone. It helps me(especially I am in a heated situation/boss fight). I do not have to type anything myself to remove the wall of text because global community takes care of that.

the problem is GGG DO NOT Remove the wall of text from our chat as soon as they ban the RMT bot. This isnt forum where u can immediately totally remove the RMT post.

But actually let me ask you.
How exactly does "the wall" (of bot spam) bother you?
Like is it some psychological problem? Nerve trigger?

Can't you just not mind that "wall" at all?

"
Revehn wrote:

And this is our reward.

Such a marvelous, entitled BS................................................................
(who said "dot spam"?)

P.S. it appears that you (you, Revehn, and the other "Knight-helpers" didn't help at least 10 people, which is illustrated in this thread)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Sep 11, 2016, 2:18:21 PM
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

But actually let me ask you.
How exactly does "the wall" (of bot spam) bother you?
Like is it some psychological problem? Nerve trigger?

Can't you just not mind that "wall" at all?

Everything you just said aplies to the dot wall as well.
Why are you ppl so triggered by dots?
And yes not minding the wall would be best but that goes for both walls bots and dots.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
It's nice to see people calling BS.
I call your lack of perception BS as well. Who wins ? No one.
And especially none of us at this precise moment : RMT'ers are here. They're spamming, and they're ruining everyone's experience.
You might yell "dot spammers make it worse !", but dot spammers actually believe the opposite.
TIL: Racism is less disruptive than a dot.
24h ban for a dot.
16h ban for ''N'' word. As shown there: https://i.redd.it/21jcjnka3n9x.png

Thats nice, thanks for the 24h mute, just made me realize I wont cope up with your sh*t and buy other supporter packs. I'm done paying GGG. Check your in game mods and tell them to get real, wtf.
Last edited by Kralael on Sep 11, 2016, 2:49:25 PM
You can take our globe girls away BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE OUR DOTS AWAY!
Pants of Textile
"
Kralael wrote:
TIL: Racism is less disruptive than a dot.
24h ban for a dot.
16h ban for ''N'' word. (https://i.redd.it/21jcjnka3n9x.png)

Thats nice, thanks for the 24h mute, just made me realize I wont cope up with your sh*t and buy other supporter packs. I'm done paying GGG. Check your in game mods and tell them to get real, wtf.

Probably if the workers are spending even 10% of their work day dealing with that shit, then it's more disruptive to them and the game as a whole.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info