The Dot spam and Bots

"
Revehn wrote:
I'm not usually one to interfere in a debate, especially such as this one.
I just got banned 24 hours due to '.' spam.
Correct, this is spam.
But that actually prevents many people to see a brick wall of text, and as well to hide as best as possible the website address, to prevent as much as possible people to be tempted to try.
So, for the first time in a game, I would actually say this is healthy spam. Spam yes, yet healthy.
Not even to mention it clears the screen well, EVEN if you are fighting. No, I won't type /clear or /cls while fighting, and therefore let the bot message stay for 20 seconds. No. Instead, I can simply let go of my mouse less than a second, and participate as a member of the community to CLEAR FOR EVERYONE (and not only me) one unhealthy message.
Because did it occur to people that are yelling "TYPE CLEAR FFS" that what we are doing is actually /clear for everyone ? Did it ? While reading answers here, I wonder.

GGG isn't the first one to try to do something against it. Yet, all others have failed. And guess what ? In MMOs, such as WoW for example, messages stayed.
BUT NO ! Not with PoE, and why is that ? Because we are mainly adults, and not kids. See how the dot spam litteraly STOPS after putting the bot message out of the screen ? Incredible huh ? Clearly not like a Twitch channel. Clearly not a kid reaction.

This is controled spam.
I won't hesitate to use the '.' once again when I'll be unmuted. It just is too good of an answer to pass on if GGG does nothing. I hope they do, so I won't have to do it again, and be muted as well. Truly.
Why do people prefer to do nothing and see bot message in the channel is clearly above my understanding. But hey, just do nothing and let messages stay. One day someone will solve this. Maybe.

Maybe you guys aren't realizing it, but we are actually trying to help GGG, but also everyone's experience with the game.
And this is our reward.
I hoped better coming from GGG standard, which was (almost) always on point as far as I remember.

Oh and by the way, I don't want to leave Global. I want to chat with people, not play in my corner.

WTF - what I have been reading few seconds ago?

ps: :D
Last edited by Rexeos on Sep 11, 2016, 3:03:46 PM
"
Ladylunar wrote:
Let me get this straight.. Ohh spam bot..... Let me get my wall of text spam going to hide theirs" ReallY???
That shit makes no sense at all. You think just because a bot spams shit you have to spam more crap on top of theirs in the name of "Protecting" others from not using a spam bot's website?

Spam is spam. It does not matter what it is,what it contains and whatever people justify using 'DOTs" for.
"Spam of Protection" so others wont see a bot's spam...LMAO. Guess what? I don't want to see your spam either.

Not sure if you're even grasping what we're talking about here.

12 lines of a nickname and a "." = Clean, nothing too serious and it INSTANTLY removes the massive block of text directing us to RMT Sites. It's gone in a second, at the price of 12 dots in a column.

The very fact that you consider it the same thing makes replies redundant.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
Cergic wrote:
"
Ladylunar wrote:
Let me get this straight.. Ohh spam bot..... Let me get my wall of text spam going to hide theirs" ReallY???
That shit makes no sense at all. You think just because a bot spams shit you have to spam more crap on top of theirs in the name of "Protecting" others from not using a spam bot's website?

Spam is spam. It does not matter what it is,what it contains and whatever people justify using 'DOTs" for.
"Spam of Protection" so others wont see a bot's spam...LMAO. Guess what? I don't want to see your spam either.

Not sure if you're even grasping what we're talking about here.

12 lines of a nickname and a "." = Clean, nothing too serious and it INSTANTLY removes the massive block of text directing us to RMT Sites. It's gone in a second, at the price of 12 dots in a column.

The very fact that you consider it the same thing makes replies redundant.

The drones just can't wrap their brains around it

"
On a serious note. How to "remove" bot's wall of text?
KEEP THE DAMN CONVERSATION.
Anything. It doesn't have to be dots.
Just keep sending usual messages to the chat and -FUKKEN MAGIC- : wall of bot spam would go away.

too slow? might as well not post anything

"

But actually let me ask you.
How exactly does "the wall" (of bot spam) bother you?
Like is it some psychological problem? Nerve trigger?

Can't you just not mind that "wall" at all?

send me your 10000000x10000000 monitor and i'll ignore it

The only time the dots in chat should be considered spam is when they are used to get rid of a GGG advertisement.
They serve a purpose, which is clearing the screen. No one wants half their screen taken up by a big white box, that's how you get killed in this game.
cool
"
Remnix wrote:
They serve a purpose, which is clearing the screen. No one wants half their screen taken up by a big white box, that's how you get killed in this game.

Resize your chat window and quit spamming FFS. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Oct 14, 2016, 9:35:35 PM
Resize the box won't make the spam message disappear and ensure the community stays RMT-free (or tries to be).
For real guys ? Aren't you even able to understand the whole point of this ?!
"
Revehn wrote:
Resize the box won't make the spam message disappear and ensure the community stays RMT-free (or tries to be).

I understand just fine...

If the complaint is that it takes up too much screen real estate, then resizing the chat box is a direct counter to the issue. I'd be willing to bet that a majority of the dot spammers have their chat window set to max size. Keep it to a manageable size and you won't die due to spam.

It's not your job to keep Wraeclast RMT-free, it's GGG's. Stop spamming and let them do their job, you're just making their workload higher because they've now also got to deal with your spam as well as the spam from the rest of the "spam for anti-spam coalition".

Report spammers and move on. Or go ahead and keep up the dot spamming and take a 24 hour mute, that's one less spammer in global for the day. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Oct 14, 2016, 9:35:09 PM
"
Revehn wrote:

So Dot-spamming ensures the RMT absentness of the community?
For real, man, for real ... ^^
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
Shovelcut wrote:
It's not your job to keep Wraeclast RMT-free, it's GGG's. Stop spamming and let them do their job, you're just making their workload higher because they've now also got to deal with your spam as well as the spam from the rest of the "spam for anti-spam coalition.

Trust me, I'd gladly do that. Really !
But being a videogamer in a multiplayer environment for 15 years now, I also must admit that I didn't see anyone come up with great ideas against RMT. :(
It usually fell on the community to either bear with it, or just go away. And I'd rather not go away from this game, because it's an incredible one. ;)

edit :
@Hunwulf : yet it makes the message go away quite quickly. For real, man. For real.
Last edited by Revehn on Sep 12, 2016, 6:41:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info