[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

i have just under 5k ES at lvl 75. what should i spend my currency on first? i have atziri's. should i get rumi's? or should i get more ES first? i barely have enough for rumi's and don't want to spend all my currency if it's not going to help much.
"
grp wrote:
Hello and thanks for the great build, running smooth so far and just got my conversion vinktar on ehc!

Im not sure if someone asked this already but can you explain how you use your flasks properly. Flask management is so crucial for this build so i would like to get used to it.

Do you pop all your flasks at the same time or is there situations that is not nessessary.

Example: Pack of white mobs ahead of you, vinktar probably not needed so i pop only granite and whirl in.

It just happens too often that i pop the vinktar and it doesnt fill before the next pack.

At the moment im using diamond, basalt, vinktar, granite and curse remove quicksilver. Working on getting currency for rumi but still, im a bit confused about the flask management sometimes... playing hardcore so there is no room for big mistakes.

Sorry for my decent english skills, hope u got the point.

Glad you like it and congrats on the Vinktars :) It really helps a lot, doesn't it?

Flask management isn't easy and I wouldn't say I'm great at it. Magnate really helps. It also depends on the map layout or bossfight a bit.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with giving any tips about playing this build in HC to be honest. I think most problems you encounter pretty much fade away once you've acquired some better gear, so the best thing to do is probably to stay safe and do things you're comfortable with. That's probably a general rule of HC.
Vinktars greatly improves your survivability but you're not tanky enough without Rumis and a Taste. If you don't rely that much on Vinktars it's much easier to manage it of course.

I don't use all the flasks at the same time. I usually just use Diamond, Taste and Rumi's as they recharge fairly quick.

I think having better clearspeed really helps with flask charges. Get to the next pack before Vinktar even runs out. That requires some evaluation though and might kill you in HC as well. Other than that.. what I see some people do is that they use Vinktars if they feel like it resulting in them already killing half the pack before using it. You're probably not doing that..

When it comes to bosses it's all about timing in my opinion. You have to know when to engage. This requires a very aggressive playstyle though and you have to be confident that you can tank bosses. Having high crit helps a lot.

I wish I could help you a little bit more but I doubt that it'd be any good.

"
HippieRonin wrote:
i have just under 5k ES at lvl 75. what should i spend my currency on first? i have atziri's. should i get rumi's? or should i get more ES first? i barely have enough for rumi's and don't want to spend all my currency if it's not going to help much.

Get more ES. If you're around 8k you're fine but aim for 10k. High ES gear is pretty cheap this league as many people are crafting with ES bases. Once you have 8-10k ES you can do maps until T10 and farm enough currency to buy a Rumis/Vinktars, depending on your income and needs.

"
poeblader wrote:

lol my gear didn't link my shield is 400ish and chest 727 I guess that's all that would be to upgrade although I seen a guy that has 10k es like me can do shaper he uses 1 different pot tho I'm not sure which one it is

also just like every league how the heck did you manage to make currency to buy stuff I'm always having issues with that :/

Nice one!

Uhm, just playing I guess. I have around 6 days played on the character (though I was probably afk for 1/4 of the time)
I made most of my currency by just selling stuff. I didn't farm anything specifically (well, a few Uber Labs here and there)
There are some people who already acquired Shavs+Skyforth with less time played so I'm really not that well equipped compared to them.

Knowing what to roll, alch/vaal helps a lot, especially with Diviners boxes. Knowing what to sell is important as well. I think the main source of income was being in the 1% and being able to get ilvl82+ stuff fairly quickly.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 14, 2016, 5:31:26 AM
Can someone explain to me how exactly the 2 blade vortex gems work?

Am I supposed to have a blade vortex assigned to q and another assigned to w and then use them separately?

Do I use the one connected to the warlords for like 2 charges and then use the one connected to damage as my way of killing mobs/bosses and if so does the warlords maintain its leech?

I need details
"
Can someone explain to me how exactly the 2 blade vortex gems work?

Am I supposed to have a blade vortex assigned to q and another assigned to w and then use them separately?

Do I use the one connected to the warlords for like 2 charges and then use the one connected to damage as my way of killing mobs/bosses and if so does the warlords maintain its leech?

I need details

Yep, two keys. You don't use the curse-BV to deal damage, you just want to have 1 curse-BV-charge up to curse enemies and gain some power+end charges :) Just use it like every 5 seconds and cast dps-BV to kill enemies.
Should I save up for the full conversion Vinktar or should I just buy a Lightning Penetration/Added Lightning Damage once I have the currency?

If I should just buy the cheaper Vinktar first, is the Lightning Pen better or the Added Lightning?
is Master Surgeon worth? even after the change from 50 to 20?
"
coolguitar69 wrote:
Should I save up for the full conversion Vinktar or should I just buy a Lightning Penetration/Added Lightning Damage once I have the currency?

If I should just buy the cheaper Vinktar first, is the Lightning Pen better or the Added Lightning?

I didn't really try the other Vinktars, sorry. I traded mine for one with added Lightning for a few minutes because someone wanted to try Shaper and I only ran a shaped Mesa (T10) with it, leech wasn't that great but alright. I guess you can do up to T13 with it, though. Lightning Pen could work if you use a P2L gem instead of Added Fire/ContDes.

I would save up for a conversion Vinktars. Sorry for everyone that has to get it, it's really expensive :/ BV Pathfinder is quite expensive (~20ex?) so.. this build isn't casual friendly at all.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 14, 2016, 2:00:35 PM
Am looking at using this as my currency sink in essence do you feel its worth it and is the playstyle rewarding as it seems really active build

Would most likely have to use the lightning pen one and use ptl gem which seems fine. Wouldnt use taste of hate as its so expensive atm but i think unless youre doing shaper you can not use those as its so strong right now even with the wrong vi ktars
Last edited by zenixmoo on Sep 14, 2016, 1:24:29 PM
"
zenixmoo wrote:
Am looking at using this as my currency sink in essence do you feel its worth it and is the playstyle rewarding as it seems really active build

Would most likely have to use the lightning pen one and use ptl gem which seems fine. Wouldnt use taste of hate as its so expensive atm but i think unless youre doing shaper you can not use those as its so strong right now even with the wrong vi ktars

Hmm, hard to say. Some people including myself really enjoy BV, others don't. I guess play it a bit and see for yourself before you spend multiple ex.

Honestly, this is my favorite build I've played so far and that's not just because of it's power. I just enjoy it's mechanics and being able to play so aggressive. I played EA and KB last league and got bored after a few days /played but I can still see myself playing BV for another 6-10 days.

Yeah, BV is really strong. I guess GGG didn't realize they'd buff it if they change damage and charges. It deserves a nerf to be honest (I think just a 40% dmg increase would've been enough in the first place) but the crazy stuff you see is mostly because of gear. (I mean Skyforth+Shavs+Vinktar+ToH+Rumis+T1/T2 rares is like bringing a shotgun to a fist fight)
I think it's really hard to nerf BV without destroying it so I guess we won't be able to play it next league as I'm certain it will be nerfed. Either do it now or never, I guess.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 14, 2016, 1:42:34 PM
About bandits, i supose that oak in cruel is better than alira, no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info