[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

Thank you for guide. At first was using Bogok's guide but then decided to roll CI as heard from friend that it's better for endgame. Never tried CI as I always heard it's expensive but was lucky this league and for the first time I started from beginning ;).

Although I looked a bit I couldn't find any good comparison with cons and pros for CI vs life for BV Pathfinder. Can someone please explain how is CI better/worse?

ps: my gear is not yet completed
"
Purexec wrote:

Glad it helps and congrats on the 6L Vaal Regalia :) Sad to hear that you didn't like Trickster BV, what was the issue? Not enough DPS?

Yeah I was pretty lucky with crafting daggers as well. Just used a Shrieking Spellcrit on a ilvl84 Platinum Kris and got a total of 185% spellcrit, 63% spelldmg and 17% critmulti. I love attackspeed as it increases clearspeed through Whirling Blades, but multi is probably a better choice especially since I'm using a Silver Flask and Vaal Haste atm so I don't lose a lot.
When it comes to crafting I'd recommend using Shrieking over Defeaning. Def is just too expensive. Woe's are generally to expensive, so I'd suggest crafting daggers with spellcrit essences. Rolling spelldmg+mana is pretty common and the 40% spelldmg enchant is good enough to make the dagger more than useable, if it has an open prefix of course.

It was just a coincidence that I had quality on my dps-BV setup. I have almost every gem at 20% now, so yeah. The ranges aren't the same and the setup is far from perfect, but I don't really see a alternative. Try to get close to enemies and it should be fine. If you get a Vinktars you don't really need the leech from Warlord's Mark anyway except for bosses, so it's just about the powercharges.

--

I bought a Shavs and am currently trying to convert into LL. Shavs already ate 300 fuse without even 5 linking. Let's see how it goes

The problem with trickster was it was the 3rd league I was starting as a BV char (life-Assassin in perandus, life-pathfinder in prophecy) and it lacked unique enough mechanics. I mean, trickster is extremely good value with the stats it give, it is amazing, but I needed something else. Also I was chugging flasks a lot and feeling pathfinder would have been the better AND more fun choice.

Now I started rolling the pathfinder, but bought only 1 20% BV as I want to keep the rest of my currency for rolling/buying items. So pcoc setup will have to make do with non-quality BV =)

My dagger is similar to yours without crit multi so I guess I will craft crit multi on it unless I find something better until I get to the level where I can use it.

Thanks for the tip about shrieking, you are probably right. My CI ED (trickster =)) character is using a shrieking woe-crafted carnal armor with 60% eva/es only and still rocks like 500 Eva & ES.

I hope one day I will be annoyed by Shavs not linking instead of me not having it =)
Okay LL works well so far.
56/1247 life, 8.5k ES, 351/1257 mana.

Running Hatred + Discipline on mana and Clarity+Blasphemy Warlord's Mark on life. It's gonna be a lvl20 Clarity. I still have 16% reduced reserved.

The main CI build is not gonna change but I had the currency and didn't really know on what to spend it on except crafting which I didn't wanna do then. Gonna craft now, though. Need a better helmet, shield, rings, gloves, boots.. basically everything.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 13, 2016, 1:06:35 PM
Can this build do Uber Lab like today's lab with keys (charges & idols)?
"
Towlg wrote:
Can this build do Uber Lab like today's lab with keys (charges & idols)?

Sure, but not as good as for example EQ. Still better than most builds. BV can do any content I think. (lol you can even run ele reflect maps, didn't try phys yet but shouldn't be a problem with P2L either)

If your gear is good enough you can straight up tank and kill Izaro. Maybe not a fully charged up one. Other than that bossfights CAN be a bit tricky as you need flasks to sustain and it can be a bit tricky to get charges sometimes. There is no real balance, either you're going all in or you're trying to dodge.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 13, 2016, 2:04:41 PM
"
Purexec wrote:
Running Hatred + Discipline on mana and Clarity+Blasphemy Warlord's Mark on life. It's gonna be a lvl20 Clarity. I still have 16% reduced reserved.

You could do the same but stay CI, _just_ using Skyforth and x2 Enlightens :)
"
zxfx wrote:
"
Purexec wrote:

You could do the same but stay CI, _just_ using Skyforth and x2 Enlightens :)

That's true. It's just for now, I'm going for a double curse setup in the end (Warlord's Mark and Enfeeble/Vuln)

I don't know if I should edit the mainpost and add a little bit for the LL variation. I guess everyone who's able to go LL doesn't need any more info than there already is? Well, if there should be any interest in it I'd gladly add it, otherwise probably not.
"
Purexec wrote:
Okay LL works well so far.
56/1247 life, 8.5k ES, 351/1257 mana.

Congrats on 5L ! :D
Hello and thanks for the great build, running smooth so far and just got my conversion vinktar on ehc!

Im not sure if someone asked this already but can you explain how you use your flasks properly. Flask management is so crucial for this build so i would like to get used to it.

Do you pop all your flasks at the same time or is there situations that is not nessessary.

Example: Pack of white mobs ahead of you, vinktar probably not needed so i pop only granite and whirl in.

It just happens too often that i pop the vinktar and it doesnt fill before the next pack.

At the moment im using diamond, basalt, vinktar, granite and curse remove quicksilver. Working on getting currency for rumi but still, im a bit confused about the flask management sometimes... playing hardcore so there is no room for big mistakes.

Sorry for my decent english skills, hope u got the point.
"
Purexec wrote:
"
poeblader wrote:
hey pure what gem did you decied to go with in your 4 link aura set up? this is my gear currently I can do t15's atziri's uber labs everythins going good not much left to upgrade except the gems maybe and I could use a couple more points for more es I'm currently 89

I really don't know. We don't really need Enlighten, Rallying Cry is kind of a waste and we can't get Decoy Totem high enough to actually tank.

Are you sure that there are no more upgrades, though? I mean, do you have a 500 ES shield, a 800ES chest and what not? And then you could also go Lowlife with a Shavs.. and then Skyforth. I mean, there's always room to improve.

lol my gear didn't link my shield is 400ish and chest 727 I guess that's all that would be to upgrade although I seen a guy that has 10k es like me can do shaper he uses 1 different pot tho I'm not sure which one it is

also just like every league how the heck did you manage to make currency to buy stuff I'm always having issues with that :/
Last edited by poeblader on Sep 14, 2016, 1:01:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info