Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

I dont know what was the problem with Phantasmagoria boss, it was rly easy :x

Well, at least before Atlas, being stuck at T9 maps wasnt that bad because of Gorge. Now its red map...
They want us to keep support them.
But they dont support us with "just" give us high end game content to play for fun with friend.
My friend all out from this game coz of this.
And now i am bored as fck with this.
Last edited by troyelf on Sep 6, 2016, 9:14:30 PM
More than everything (even more than when GGG will finally make melee great again) else, I wonder how there can be anyone who loves this new system that makes you grind boring white maps for days (not just 2-3 hours per day, 10+) being overleveled (-> gaining no experience) just have a shot in yellow maps. It's just a lot of pointless grind that restricts your map choice (despite GGG gave us more maps :kappa). It even punishes you for completing maps as cancelling map completition is rather costly.

Now I really don't get what was complaints about old map system. Except, of course true end-game content being too easy for meta builds with 100+ ex worth of gear, design of 99.99% of maps being shit, some bosses being retardedly rippy for no good reason (Orchard) and no reward for playing harder maps and harder map mods. But I liked it. At least more than I like AoW as it is now. I guess old system wasn't that bad compared to what we have now.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 6, 2016, 9:51:35 PM
"

You are meant to run dry at times. This forces "social interaction" and makes you get more maps. If they didn't do this, then players would go into full autismo mode and not speak to anyone at all after a certain point in the game.
Maps are gated just like other loot. You HAVE to trade for them at some point.

Well, I agree in some parts with your post. But, it is also true that for quite a bit of players, gear and content are two different things. Most of ARPs (including diablo 2) gate gear behing strong RNG but content is gated by difficulty/character progression (we remember endless baal runs, right?). I think it is reasonable to introduce new mechanics like soft cap, and as you said, this is one way to increase social interaction. However, I still think it is reasonable to suggest that maybe end content is gated to much behind RNG, and maybe, this could be one reason by which big amount of players will not experience that content (which I think is little bit sad).

Also regarding trading, I do not know in temporal leagues, but in standard high tier maps (above 13) are not very cheap and it is not so easy to sell gear that cost few chaos.

Anyway, as always, one needs to find right balance which is not easy.
Tbh with Zana changes now, should be no issues with sustaining mid-tier.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Yep, Zana is a bae. :3 But how I level here if I will get only White maps? Meh >_<
"
Are these solo self found complaints? Because if it isn't your crazy.

So you run 100 tier 12 maps and get no tier 13 maps.

Player A takes loot/currency from completed tier 12 maps and buys Tier 13s.
Player B bitches the game sucks ass and makes forum posts how they are stuck in X tier.

Which player do you think is doing it right?

Dude, in essence league I ran +40 tier 1 and 2 maps that lead to 3 (tier three) maps and 1 tier 4.

I can't even imagine how long it would take to work my way to tier 15. I'm not expecting to go quickly but the map drop was so low starting from scratch.

Maybe you are having a different experience. Who knows.
My experience in temp. league so far: @lvl 86, I'm sitting around T7, which is in line with previous league I guess.

Spoiler

I've Alced every T5 upwards, used sextants on a ton of Dunes I had (I thought sextants would buff quantity, apparently they dont), doing full clears and playing every map mod, except ele. reflect.

Currently I have 38% on Atlas, I bought 2 or 3 lower tier maps to fill in the gaps and I have some T5/6 still locked. I can't say if % Atlas bonus helps, because I can't compare it to a zero % one, but overall I'd say my progression was good so far.

Now I'm undecided where to start chiseling, seems kind of a waste to do it on sub T8/9.

E:
Oh, and I always do any un-ID map I can get. Never ID blue and esp. not rare maps. Also, Zana is now selling more & better maps.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 7, 2016, 5:11:04 AM
For me map drop is ok . Just try to unluck more map in atlas.

I run first t9 map yesterday

Spoiler

I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
From what I can see, If you run all of the maps, drop rate is simillar to pre Atlas patch. But if you try to "make ur own Atlas" by skipping most of the maps, you will struggle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info