Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I've run a T14 map. My character really isn't up to it. But then, I don't trade, so getting as far as I did was a success in my book.

What the hell does my progress have to do with anything I said?

Harbinger was map heaven. People were running T15 maps for free and thus glutting the game with high level maps. They didn't like it. Players got used to it though and are back to normal crying that their candy got taken away. Pretty easy to understand.
I never play leagues. Maps drop on standard is horrible comparing to 3.0
never used a sextant and i have killed shaper and guardians every league for the last leagues.
just sell the sextants. they sell for a lot. lets you buy many high maps.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

What the hell does my progress have to do with anything I said?

It has a lot to do. You are debating - in a thread about high tier map drops. Quoting players talking about T13+ map drops. And you are basing your input on "what everyone else seems to experience". And who didn't like the map drops in Harbinger? You? GGG?

One T14 map. With other words, you have noe clue about the map drops of high tier maps this league, other than second hand "knowledge" and impression. It's like me, debating art from the 17th century. I have no clue. So I stay away from debates regarding the subject.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Feb 24, 2018, 11:10:14 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Palamabron wrote:

Thats a clear indicator for me, that something has been changed. Period.

Of course something has changed. Map drops are worse now than in previous leagues. There's no doubt about it. Even the prices of T13+ maps indicate that. There's more maps on the Atlas. Now, the question is really; "is this good or bad for the game overall?"

While Shags like to speak (write) and have opinions on everything, I don't think he has really experienced the T14+ map drops this league. I may be wrong.

The frustrating thing is, I am doing what everyone says I should be doing; Chisel, sextant, pack size, fragments and from time to time; corrupt. I have no chance keeping a steady map pool. There's ALWAYS dry periods of 10-20 maps without upgrades. It's more frustrating to see players doing the exact same thing as me bragging about a HUGE map pool, than not getting maps. Because I don't understand it. And I hate things I do not understand.

It's all RNG, it took me quite a while to get decent red pool to the point where I don't have to be extra ceraful what maps I'm running and not run out of them when I need them for Elder influence. t15/16 are still rare enough that I can't chainrun them without significant investment

My biggest worry is, Abyss rares, troves and dildos actually dropped maps, not often, but they did. Now Abysses will be very rare and there is talk about possibly no breach on zana next league, while GGG haven't adressed mob density or sextant and their impact on density, and Bestiary doesn't sound like something that would give more maps, since we are capturing the beasts... will the map sustain be even harder next league, making even MORE people run sextant blocked atlas with cherrypicked shaped maps with Bloodlines/Beyond?

at this point, I'm actually hoping Harbinger will make a comeback through Zana...
"
kompaniet wrote:
never used a sextant and i have killed shaper and guardians every league for the last leagues.

I think their point is that they can't play the game itself and run maps in order to complete the atlas, they have to sell and trade for it. I have all t15 maps completed and I still get stuck at t12 because the drops just aren't there. when I finally magic my way into a 14 or 15 map they drop 4-10 and there goes my map runs. gotta rework from 10 all the way back and it can take 30 maps to drop a 14-15 again. the xp p/h is worthless running t10-14 when you're level 90+ so there's nothing but wasted time when u actually try to play.
"
Verac10us wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

I think their point is that they can't play the game itself and run maps in order to complete the atlas, they have to sell and trade for it. I have all t15 maps completed and I still get stuck at t12 because the drops just aren't there. when I finally magic my way into a 14 or 15 map they drop 4-10 and there goes my map runs. gotta rework from 10 all the way back and it can take 30 maps to drop a 14-15 again. the xp p/h is worthless running t10-14 when you're level 90+ so there's nothing but wasted time when u actually try to play.

It's exactly narratives like this that ruin the argument. They take one experience and put it forth as the norm. Your "worthless" is more about your values than about the game itself. You can get well past 90 just by running T8-10. If you find T14 "worthless" for leveling past 90 you're doing something wrong, or just have a sense of entitlement that would make the idiots on New Jersey Shore embarrassed.
of course it's all about rng ... but rng is always based on certain parameters ... and - intentionally or not - the drop rate has been altered.
And thats imho not the right direction.
Make high tier maps harder and more challenging instead of limiting it artifically by reduceing the drop rates. Beeing stuck only sucks ...
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You can get well past 90 just by running T8-10.

I find sentences like this especially sad. It's like players don't want to progress. They don't want to achieve. They don't want to challenge themselves. "Why progress through higher content when you can do under level content for hours?".

It's not about leveling. An empty soda can can reach level 95+ doing yellow maps if it's patient. It's about fun, challenging yourself, progressing through the content, not character levels. My build and I are perfectly ready to run whatever content PoE can throw at me through maps, but the game won't let me. It regularly forces me to do under level content.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You can get well past 90 just by running T8-10.

I find sentences like this especially sad. It's like players don't want to progress. They don't want to achieve. They don't want to challenge themselves. "Why progress through higher content when you can do under level content for hours?".

It's not about leveling. An empty soda can can reach level 95+ doing yellow maps if it's patient. It's about fun, challenging yourself, progressing through the content, not character levels. My build and I are perfectly ready to run whatever content PoE can throw at me through maps, but the game won't let me. It regularly forces me to do under level content.

Well spoken, dude :)
"
Palamabron wrote:
of course it's all about rng ... but rng is always based on certain parameters ... and - intentionally or not - the drop rate has been altered.
And thats imho not the right direction.
Make high tier maps harder and more challenging instead of limiting it artifically by reduceing the drop rates. Beeing stuck only sucks ...
I agree. I just did about 10 rare red maps(some corrupted). I got 1!!!! red map back. I never seen such a terrible maps drop in years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info