Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

im siting between t5 and t9 maps for past 4 days
"
morbo wrote:
My experience in temp. league so far: @lvl 86, I'm sitting around T7, which is in line with previous league I guess.

Spoiler

I've Alced every T5 upwards, used sextants on a ton of Dunes I had (I thought sextants would buff quantity, apparently they dont), doing full clears and playing every map mod, except ele. reflect.

Currently I have 38% on Atlas, I bought 2 or 3 lower tier maps to fill in the gaps and I have some T5/6 still locked. I can't say if % Atlas bonus helps, because I can't compare it to a zero % one, but overall I'd say my progression was good so far.

Now I'm undecided where to start chiseling, seems kind of a waste to do it on sub T8/9.

E:
Oh, and I always do any un-ID map I can get. Never ID blue and esp. not rare maps. Also, Zana is now selling more & better maps.

Give this man the award. This is exactly what I have been doing. Both of us are similar levels and have a remarkably close map pool. I am also in T7/T8.

In terms of chisels, I'm just saving them for now. As soon as I feel like I'm running dry I'll using them. Probably not full 20q but maybe a couple of chisels on mid-tier maps here and there. Especially if I need to unlock a tier above or a map around the one I am chiseling.
Run 5-6 maps like these today.

I know, not many maps, but not seeing ONE "=" or "+" in those maps - with more than 150 IIQ, isn't exactly motivating. Can't even phantom not having to chisel all yellow maps. Had "worked" my way to 10-11 level 9 maps yesterday. All gone now. So are my chisels and vaals.

Guess I'm back to farming whites with my IIQ character, to get enough currency to start again.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 7, 2016, 11:12:55 AM

l Interesting thing I noticed:
People who play a lot (even too much) - like 10+ hours per day or more - enjoy AoW.
People who play normally (like 3 or something hours per day) - hate AoW.

Come to think of it - if it takes 40+ pure hours to reach Yellow maps, how fucked up should be casuals or people who actually have life? O_o

Though I play a lot, I still don't like AoW map drops ^_-

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 7, 2016, 12:20:25 PM
Phrazz
, FeelsSadMan. Are you into unlocking entire Atlas? Streamers tell that it's way to go.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Phrazz
, FeelsSadMan. Are you into unlocking entire Atlas? Streamers tell that it's way to go.

Yes I am. I like variation. I am at 58% now. Still missing some T2-T4 maps, for some stupid reason. Don't know why they won't drop.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Then according to streamers you should swim in Yellow maps by that time :x
I am not down to T3 maps only. I have had T7 as the highest.
And this is AFTER the buff.

I am not having fun.

EDIT: Well, drops do get better along the way, but it really is too hard to unlock the next tier. There should be a much better change at getting the map above the one you are doing now to drop.
Last edited by sikker on Sep 28, 2016, 5:52:03 AM
EDIT: Inexplicable double post. Also not fun. But less terrible than map drops.
Last edited by sikker on Sep 8, 2016, 3:27:43 AM
On the second or third day i had like 10 T11 red maps, i was happy and thought it was enough to start doing them, then they even buffed the map drops. Well Rip.

I am now at like 2/3 days chaining T9's. In about 20 T9's i get like 5 T10's, and when i move on to those T10's i go back to the start.

I cant build a higher lvl map pool at this point, have no idea whats going on, i must be dealing with some terrible rng.

Edit: i have 66% bonus btw.

Edit2: i have now ripped my t9's too, time for t8's. I can do all map mods btw.
Last edited by xpress69 on Sep 8, 2016, 9:25:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info