[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

How about trikster's "Weave the Arcane"+rebuilded MoM cluster? Worth it? On what levels mana and mana regen it can be usable?
Weave the Arcane is already a valid option for the build. At level 21 ED and level 4 Empower, the spell costs 102 mana, meaning it will proc in just two casts. This ascendancy is up for consideration if you want to get even more durable against harder bosses.

When it comes to MoM, we don't invest enough into mana for it to be worth it I think. It is an interesting idea, but for ED in particular it will not be very effective. I would be very interested to see it in action if you decide to go for it though!
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute: when you're talking DPS, do you mean in the tooltip part that says "deals x chaos damage per second"? not, like, the flat number at the top next to mana cost and cast time?
Due to nerf heretic's veil it's still BiS for CI build, or we have any better options? Also, is enfeeble is required for SC, or just good option for uber-endgame content?
Heretic's Veil is there for the mana reservation. You can grab additional aura nodes for the same effect if you want. Enfeeble is EXTREMELY strong for us, and I would recommend running it regardless of where you play. It is by far better than anything else we can reserve our mana for.

Yes, the DPS for an ED character is the "damage over time" stuff in the middle of the tooltip. The initial hit DPS only matters when you are stacking poison.
What this build can do with 5link as occultist CI?
Last edited by Inferius90 on Mar 13, 2017, 8:49:00 AM
Are the increased skill duration scion nodes worth taking if I'm decaying and not poisoning?
"
Floros1 wrote:
How about trikster's "Weave the Arcane"+rebuilded MoM cluster? Worth it? On what levels mana and mana regen it can be usable?

Thats how i play it in this league - started as a test, but i really like it now. With just 1 curse in blasphemy (plus vulnerability doubled in cwdt/flask) i have 1400 free mana, without any other gear/tree investment. That means double panic button with both instant life and mana flasks! :-)
"
Nedieth wrote:
Heretic's Veil is there for the mana reservation. You can grab additional aura nodes for the same effect if you want. Enfeeble is EXTREMELY strong for us, and I would recommend running it regardless of where you play. It is by far better than anything else we can reserve our mana for.

Yes, the DPS for an ED character is the "damage over time" stuff in the middle of the tooltip. The initial hit DPS only matters when you are stacking poison.

Since you've played all three classes now, trickster, occulist, and necromancer as ED. What do you prefer for overall gameplay?

Trickster for faster map clearing ?
Occulist/Necro for bosses?
@Inferius90: On a 5L you can do red maps quite comfortably. Keep in mind that ED is extremely dependant on gem levels, so having a 5L with level 17 or 18 gems is miles worse than a full level 20 link.

@YomiHC: You could opt to drop the scion duration nodes while playing with decay. I usually keep them for more quality of life on wither, vaal disco etc. When taking them, it is also just one point to grab Shaper. On the other hand you could probably use those points to get ranger projectile damage nodes, which would be a quite nice DPS increase.

@Jouchebag: I have to say that I am in love with the necromancer. The clearspeed is just beyond anything the other two ascendancies can get close to. That being said, the necro is way too squishy unless you have very good gear.

Occultist is the allrounder that is comfortable in any situation
Trickster is the safe and fast option, but relies on keeping the momentum up (charges).
Necromancer is the full yoloswag ED character. Low defense and extreme speed.

I also have to mention that I hate playing the necro on guardians. It simply feels bad when you have to play defensively or against poison immune enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info