[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
Nedieth wrote:
@Inferius90: On a 5L you can do red maps quite comfortably. Keep in mind that ED is extremely dependant on gem levels, so having a 5L with level 17 or 18 gems is miles worse than a full level 20 link.

@YomiHC: You could opt to drop the scion duration nodes while playing with decay. I usually keep them for more quality of life on wither, vaal disco etc. When taking them, it is also just one point to grab Shaper. On the other hand you could probably use those points to get ranger projectile damage nodes, which would be a quite nice DPS increase.

@Jouchebag: I have to say that I am in love with the necromancer. The clearspeed is just beyond anything the other two ascendancies can get close to. That being said, the necro is way too squishy unless you have very good gear.

Occultist is the allrounder that is comfortable in any situation
Trickster is the safe and fast option, but relies on keeping the momentum up (charges).
Necromancer is the full yoloswag ED character. Low defense and extreme speed.

I also have to mention that I hate playing the necro on guardians. It simply feels bad when you have to play defensively or against poison immune enemies.

I'm playing the necro right now and am definitely enjoying it. The 1000 buttons and squishyness can get annoying though. Is there an easy way to swap to occultist from here? Most of the guide so far (tree, some gear, etc) seems geared toward the trickster so I'm not sure on exactly what I should do to change for occultist, if I were to do so.

Also, did you go alira for cast speed on the necro or do you think we get enough from the tree/ascendancy?
Last edited by Mr_Ven on Mar 14, 2017, 1:50:30 AM
Is vuln+temp a viable option to put in heretic? I'm playing SC, enfeeble is great, but cmon, more numbers is always fun.
@Nedieth What yours current dps right now with necro? unbuff and buff
I am sitting on 51.7k in hideout and 60k after offering/flasks/hit (though Necromancer DPS really comes from the high cast speed and poison stacking).

You can go without curses at all if you want to. It all boils down to personal choice. For me, being able to stand in the middle of a pack of monster is worth more than them dying slightly faster, so I use Enfeeble. Vulnerability has it's uses as well!
@Nedieth Why don't you use veil for helmet? you using 2 curses and it seems you rich enough to buy one.
I guess for more es and Essence drain damage? vs mana reservation?
Last edited by popotm on Mar 14, 2017, 9:16:39 PM
Yes, as Low Life, I feel that I don't need the mana reservation of Heretic's Veil. In LSC I am currently using this:

The ES is massive compared to Heretic's, as well as it has some life, so I can have a higher level clarity. The resists are also nice, as in this league it allowed me to use this:

This belt gives me more ES than a Crystal belt and it makes vaal discipline (or Occultist ES recharge) a lot stronger.

Optimally I would get the 40% ED damage enchant, but you just can't have it all.
@Nedieth I notice you have a lot of unique how can you cap your resist? Is hat possible?
"
popotm wrote:
@Nedieth I notice you have a lot of unique how can you cap your resist? Is hat possible?

pretty easy, get res on rings/gloves/helm/shield and you're set

like I'm pretty overcapped right now (~160 all) using heretic's, chayula, brinerots --- my belt only gives me 1 res as well
"
popotm wrote:

More than possible. Get max res on rings/boots/belt.
"
Nedieth wrote:
Enfeeble is EXTREMELY strong for us, and I would recommend running it regardless of where you play. It is by far better than anything else we can reserve our mana for.

You're right, swap discipline for enfeeble, it's buff my sirvivability!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info