[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Yep. Blight is just there to support the ED/Contagion chain when you feel that combination does not do enough damage. If you need more damage still, you can put down a Wither Totem.
"
Nedieth wrote:
Yep. Blight is just there to support the ED/Contagion chain when you feel that combination does not do enough damage. If you need more damage still, you can put down a Wither Totem.

Alright thank you sir! This build is the most fun I've ever had playing PoE, I'm thinking about using it as a league starter next league and might even go SSF. Seems like a very easy build to do on SSF, I didn't buy hardly any leveling items or anything and flew through the entirety of the normal story. Kudos to you!
Hello

I'm curious how this Build deals with the high HP Bosses in T15* Maps. Is it just ED and Blight and Wither?

Thx
T15 maps are a breeze. You simply precast Contagion to get your Arcane Surge buff up as well as place a Wither totem. Then you engage the boss, cast ED and channel Blight for 2-3 seconds. That is generally enough to push them to their phase changes. On fights like Arakaali (Sunken City), you might need to move a bit and channel blight for a few more seconds since she only has a single breakpoint at 50% HP.

On T16 maps you really need to deal with the mechanics of the bosses to bring them down comfortably. The video at the start of the guide with all four guardians and Shaper is still very representative of the build's performance even though it was recorded in 3.0.

Edit: Thanks for the kind words. I have played the build HCSSFBTW pre 3.0, and it worked out very well. These days you might end up feeling that your single target is a bit bad if you don't manage to chance an Allelopathy by the time you reach yellow maps. Another great aspect of the build for SSF these days is that pretty much all game mechanics are very interesting for us. We want The Snowblind Grace from Tul breaches as well as his blessing, we want BotC from Prophecies, Allelopathy from chance orbs and Impresence from Elder. No matter what you do you can get interesting items for the build.
Last edited by Nedieth on Mar 17, 2018, 11:29:29 AM
Thank you for the quick answer.
Helly Nedieth and thank you for the great guide /build.

I got some questions regarding my gear doe:

Spoiler

What would you improve next besides the Breath of the council as soon as i get my hands on 98%++?

Thanks!
Do we still kill all the bandits?
@lucas, yep!

@kh4zz, gear looks solid. You do look pretty squishy though. If you are fine with going all out damage, it works out well like you have it at the moment. Considering you have little evasion and haven't gone the spell dodge route, you might be happier with a dagger/sceptre with high attack speed, cast speed and spell damage to make you more agile and able to manually dodge the danger. boots with higher movement speed might also feel good (and ofc level 21 ED, 4 empower eventually).
Thanks for making and updating this guide. I've played ED Occ before and I must say your build feels really refined and well rounded in comparison. I love the choices of uniques and I'm having a blast playing this build.
Keep up the amazing work!
@Nedieth Hi. Just a question. With the gear you have now in beastiary league, are you able to do t16maps, shaper and elder?
Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info