[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Good Day kind sir :),

awesome guide and really nice progress from league starter do reliable shaper farmer.
Did kill everything in game except UeberElder for now (did not get him...yet). Wanted to ask if u think ueber Elder will be possible, but as i just saw you did not get him either :). So we will see

and thanks again for that awesome guide. Keep it up

cheers

https://poeplanner.com/AAwAAV0ADCYAAHkBbwPuBx4NfA5ID6sQexEvEVARlhNtFAkVUBa_GyUc3B0UHU8dvh3ZIuoi9CSLJognqSj6Kwospiy_M4c0CjW5N2Y3g0NUSRNJUUmxS65Sr1fJXEBca13yZ_xqjGwLbRl1nnaCfll_xoLHhEiExYfLiEKJ4It6jxqPRo_6kx-TJ5Uum6GbtaEvotmm66cIpyunm61KsNi0DLTRtUi3MLiTu02-Or6KwQDBxcM6w23IDMgUytPPFdfP2Vva3dsa3V_fiuL35ljpAuq662Pr7uwY74jw1fRx9Uv1b_fB99f5N_rSM6M8tkyDcNR0gaOj2jv5pAOExTEAIQAAAAQBRQABDgAAAAFeAAEKAAAAARcAAggAAAAAAAAAARcAAgQAAAAAAAAAAAAAjxoTAocBAAACAQ8AAAABCgAAAAAAAKEvFwK8AAAAAgEDAAAAAgEAAADcBQAAAAAAAAAAAA==

I'm a CI and ES. Seems most everyone is doing MoM or LL these days. I've managed to get res capped for ele weakness a got 6.8k ES and 40k dps atm, I think I'll be around 60k with 21/20s and lvl 4 empower when I can finally 6 link. Got any tips to throw my way? A lot of my stuff is probs subpar due to my crummy personal preferences.
Last edited by Squippit on Mar 15, 2018, 11:27:01 AM
@AIXtreme2, I did get the chance to give Uber Elder a try on standard. I went in completely blind and got him to 15% before I had used all my portals. The character I used was the same character I played last league, and does not have any stupid gear. I am confident that the build will be able to get him down reliably once we learn how to deal with his mechanics even with this kind of build.

@Squippit, If I were you, I would get the Path of the Savant and Shaper notables as soon as possible. CI feels pretty pointless to me in it's current state. Going hybrid used to be completely useless as Trickster since I focused too much on life earlier. With the change to Patient Reaper, I would try to drop CI, consider getting pain attunement for boss damage, then use Coruscating Elixir for general mapping. I guess you will have around 1.5k-2k HP, which will be plenty of health to make the interaction with Coruscating Elixir both rewarding and interesting when you add the chaos resistance that Presence of Chayula provides. Getting Pain attunement also allows you to force Low Life with Coruscating Elixir (no kills, so Patient Reaper will not recover the life again) to get 30% more damage against bosses. This might prove very rewarding and fun to play as well as giving you a healthy boost to the ES total in the build. Very few bosses deal chaos damage, and you can juggle passives or coruscating elixir around depending on what you encounter.

If you decide to go for the kind of build I am talking about here (or want further explanation of the idea), please do tell. I got really tempted to play something similar as well. Do you feel like Dream Fragments is a must? I usually get by with a long duration anti freeze flask.
I like the Aspect of the Spider thing a lot, especially because it does not take a curse slot.

Currently on my Scion I am running two curses: Despair and TC, both on Blasphemy. I can decide to remove Despair from Blasphemy and reintegrate Witchfire Brew in the flask setup, so I can try to incorporate the Aspect of the Spider aura which reserves less mana than a Blasphemy curse anyway.

This is a buff!
I intend to get those 2 notables next, yes. Anyway, I play CI because after trying many builds, it's all I like. Life, MoM, and Low Life all just feel very bad to me to use. CI is reliable and I don't have to fuss with chaos res. I know it's decidedly bad, it's just more comfortable to me. I like it :) So I was more asking for advice on how to make my subpar build less subpar while still abiding to my completely arbitrary restrictions. I figure I've already got it pretty good though, all I need to really do is 21/20 everything, 6 link, and get my enchantments all set. Maybe beastcraft some stuff to 30% quality.

Anyway, I don't really like to play builds without an Auxium or Dream Fragments; and a Chayula. Getting stunned or frozen is very jarring to me and interrupts me flow of gameplay and quite often gets me killed before I could pop a Kiara's Determination or whatever my anti-CC of choice was. I've gotten very good at not getting hit by things to keep ES charged. Zealots Oath and a little regen here n there from boot enchants, Shaper node, Growth and Decay wheel, Consecrated Ground, etc. keep me alive through ignites and bleeds long enough to flask through them. Coruscating probably wouldn't be reliable enough for me because I'm bad at keeping any flask but Quicksilver up all the time. I'm really just a bad player tbh, but I've figured out how to make my builds work well enough to get stuff done.
@djnat, also keep in mind that you can support the aspects with socketed gems if you want to incorporate it. Parts of the spider set (especially the robe) is very interesting in an ES pseudo LL build like I attempted to outline for Squippit. It has -10% to ALL resistances, which should include chaos resistance as well as some mitigation. I was really interested in the spider set when I first saw it, and tried to fit a way to fit it into my current build somehow. I am currently traveling, but when I get home, I will try to play some with the kind of setup I suggested for Squippit and see if it actually feels good to play. I somehow managed to really sell myself on an idea that I posted myself. Gotta love good and interesting feedback on the builds!

@Squippit, that's a reasonable explaination. You should never care about what other players do. If it works for you, it is what you should do. With that in mind, I do think that Dream Fragments is indeed the best choice to deal with freeze and chill for your current setup. With your current gear choices, you might end up feeling like your single target damage is lacking as you progress maps. Since you have a lot of resists on your gloves, it will be tricky to find any substitute that allows for you to use Allelopathy. You might want to swap out The Vertex for a solid rare hubris eventually (a search on poe.trade shows you can get at least around 350 or so ES with a large investment, which should rival Vertex in terms of total mitigation). This could get Allelopathy into the build, but also make it very expensive. You are currently in uncharted waters, and I can't do much else than encourage you to keep testing and reporting back how you feel it is working out.
Well I can say it's been working up to at least T13 maps and does regular Atziri alright. I've never been really big on blight cause it forces me to stand still and my mobility is my life, if I can't move, I probably get hit a lot more. HOWEVER, Allelopathy is probably the only place for damage increase I could get it (aside from maybe helmet enchant), and the +1 to gems on The Vertex is something I can probably forgo. I may also try to craft Aspect of the Spider on my belt if I ever get the chance, just cause it's got room for mods. Dunno if it's a suffix or prefix though.

Interestingly, for someone who REALLY likes mobility, you'd think I'd be using whirling blades or shield charge or flame dash, but Lightning Warp has always felt the smoothest to me. Though perhaps a liiiittle bit at odds with the increased skill duration I like so much, heh.

I like your stance on doing what feels best to the individual, it's a good stance to have.
How is the damage compared to before with the new buffs to Trickster? Are you going to post a video of a uber elder fight?
"
Squippit wrote:
I may also try to craft Aspect of the Spider on my belt if I ever get the chance, just cause it's got room for mods. Dunno if it's a suffix or prefix though.

It's a suffix.
Posting a video on Uber Elder once I get that 15th orb.

Added a longer flask section than expected upon request.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info