Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

"
any plans to add mantra of flames compatibility? i'd love to theorycraft that item but all the math makes me want to die
I will get around to it eventually, but determining the active buff count is tricky, as the program doesn't fully simulate the buff system used by the game.

"
this changes make POB really OP now :D. CONVENIENCE, DETAILS !!! I LOVE IT!
I'm happy to see that my hard work paid off :)

"
Hey, the mods on wands need updating, % lightning damage on wands can go even above 100 I think, not sure of exact value. Probably same deal with fire, cold. BTW I love the new item crafting system in PoB, it's much better :)
I double checked, and they are definitely up-to-date. If you're seeing >79% increased Lightning/Cold/Fire, then it will be one of the new prefix mods combined with the corresponding existing suffix mod, which together can go up to 109%.
Is there a reason why "Hit Chance" as a stat is rounded/set to the nearest whole number? Does the game take into account decimal places in chance to hit?

I'm interested in knowing because I'm playing around with % increased accuracy items, but the effects are not reflected in DPS unless you hit the next whole number (I.E. 92.95 has the same effect as 92 instead of 93). Thanks!

The stat in question:

Last edited by x0Kadabra0z on Jul 16, 2017, 1:44:24 AM
"
x0Kadabra0z wrote:
Is there a reason why "Hit Chance" as a stat is rounded/set to the nearest whole number? Does the game take into account decimal places in chance to hit?

I'm interested in knowing because I'm playing around with % increased accuracy items, but the effects are not reflected in DPS unless you hit the next whole number. Thanks!

Yes, the game uses integer math.
How can I get PoB to calculate total spectral throw dmg instead of just per hit?
"
x0Kadabra0z wrote:

I'm interested in knowing because I'm playing around with % increased accuracy items, but the effects are not reflected in DPS unless you hit the next whole number (I.E. 92.95 has the same effect as 92 instead of 93). Thanks!

The stat in question:
The Hit Chance is only an estimate, as your actual chance to hit depends on the enemy's evasion, which varies considerably, and showing anything more precise than an integer would give the illusion that the hit chance calculation is more accurate than it actually is. It does make it hard to min/max your accuracy, but you really shouldn't be doing that anyway, as the value of accuracy will vary wildly depending on the target. The best thing to do is get 90%+ Hit Chance, then focus on other things.

"
Waoooo wrote:
How can I get PoB to calculate total spectral throw dmg instead of just per hit?
You can't at the moment. Any such calculation would only be an estimate, and the program doesn't generally provide estimates unless absolutely necessary.
after the recent update, I got this error message on one of my 3.0 beta builds. Any idea?
"
pesemire wrote:
after the recent update, I got this error message on one of my 3.0 beta builds. Any idea?
Ah, that's caused by The Consuming Dark. It'll be fixed in the next update, which I'll try and get out soon.
I'm not sure if Tempest Shield "Additional 3% Shield Block Chance" works with PoB, can you check?
Adding this skill in the Skills pane and setting it Enable seems to not increase the block chance.

Also, "Net mana degen" is dispayed in the first pane even if you have Blood Magic taken (what disables mana).
Last edited by Sitnave on Jul 18, 2017, 3:46:42 AM
"
Sitnave wrote:
I'm not sure if Tempest Shield "Additional 3% Shield Block Chance" works with PoB, can you check?
Adding this skill in the Skills pane and setting it Enable seems to not increase the block chance.

Also, "Net mana degen" is dispayed in the first pane even if you have Blood Magic taken.
Tempest Shield seems to be working fine; I should note that you do need to have a shield equipped for the buff to activate.

Regarding the net mana degen, why would you take both MoM and BM without also taking EB (in which case the mana degen applies to ES)? Showing the net mana degen in that situation may be technically incorrect, but I can't see how it would ever matter.
I'm not taking MoM, I'm using Righteus Fire with Blood Magic and I can still see Mana degen.

By the way, can you add total of "Life gained on hit" to the Calcs/Other defences?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info