Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Applied an update and it crashed, and instantly crashed on startup whenever I reopened. Reinstalling 1.0.0 and reapplying the update does the same thing.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Hi, i just took a quick look and now i'm addicted, RIP IRL things to do xD
Program installed/updated without any problems (win7)

-first problem wasn't a fault in your software, it was my firewall (i have to manually give access to everything)

-I'd really like to see Astral Plate in the rare templates, since you can get a 6L Astral from cards (i guess this goes for other special implicit gear too)

So far this seems very promising, i really like to spend hours planning out my builds and now i can even plan with my existing perma-league (rare)items, keep up the good work. :D

(i will update this post when i learn how to use this and found something positive/negative/bugs)
d:-D*
I've just released an update containing the new passive tree. Also, the latest patch note changes are now accounted for.

@DarknessDancer: The items tab being too wide for low screen resolutions is a known issue; hopefully I'll have a solution soon.

@viperesque: There's a more recent update which should fix the crash bug that you and a few other people are having. You'll need to reinstall again to get it working.

@PyleWarlord: Thanks for the feedback! I'll see about adding some more templates with other common bases; it's really easy to do.
Tryed it, and it is really great!

Some problems:

1) Item/skill tab is too wide on my x768 resolution - Mby just add "side scroll bar" just like in calc tab?

2) It took me a minute to understand how gem system works :) It would be great if some menu poped-out under it as you start writing name of the skill - and you could just click it with mouse.
Also, right now I noticed that some gems start to "work" before you even write its whole name - cool, but it could just autocomplete the name than(still think pop-up menu would be better).

3) I was testing it on my Lightning strike build and noticed that you even have dps info for projectiles(cool!), but projectile dmg bonus(like from nodes) is not applyed (same with pierce support which is multiplier and I am pretty sure it should work)
EDIT:Same problem with spectral throw.. no projectile dmg bonus

4)It definetly need some searchable list of bonus stats from tree like from the "competitors' " program - that is something awesome, being able to look how much es/hp/dmg etc nodes combined you already have with quick search is great, and even tho I think you have that info in the excel tab, its not as fast and clear as fast searching for it.

5) Because my resolution is so low, I wasnt able to test/figure out how to make custom rare item from template. (I couldnt read the "tutorial", any mby I cant see some button? :D)

Overal, after adding my items, the dmg calculation was saying 84 300 DPS vs 78 700 in game, that is very close!(I noticed that your numbers are overall a bit higher, guess they just use floor somewhere between calculations in game :D)

Edit: Crashed when trying to import character without internet connection (just got DCd - I had to kill it with task-manager)

Edit2: Sin Trek stealth boots - energy shield is not calculated at all, only increase is from 25 int.

It would be super cool if we could import our whole character (not just nodes, but EQ as well)
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on Sep 1, 2016, 9:48:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

1) This is already fixed in the latest update.
2) That's on the TODO list.
3) Ok that's fixed now, thanks for the report! The fix will be in the next update, which should be out in the next hour.
4) I'll consider it. I'm already planning to add certain important stats like %inc life to the sidebar.
5) See #1!

Regarding the DPS numbers, the program by default calculates your effective DPS, so stats like penetration are factored into those numbers, unlike the tooltip DPS you see in game. I suspect this is the cause of the discrepancy, given that the program's numbers are higher. Note that in the Calcs tab you can change the mode of the skill that's being displayed there to Unbuffed/Buffed mode. These modes calculate your tooltip DPS out of combat/in combat.

Being able to import character equipment is a planned feature, but it'll take a fair bit of work so don't expect it too soon.

As for the crash on import, I'll look into it later. Can't test importing with no internet connection right now as I'm in the middle of a big upload.

Edit: Sin Trek is also fixed, thanks!
Last edited by Openarl on Sep 1, 2016, 10:22:10 AM
Great tool indeed.

Would you consider adding +- buttons to increase/decrease by 1 the values of
* character level,
* gem level
* gem quality
and wherever it would help?

I'm saying about:

"
Sitnave wrote:
Great tool indeed.

Would you consider adding +- buttons to increase/decrease by 1 the values of
* character level,
* gem level
* gem quality
and wherever it would help?

I've already planned to allow the mouse wheel to increase/decrease the values in those fields. Would that be adequate? I can add +/- buttons too if you'd like.
I believe both ways could work together. Some people have very sensitive mouses and would have hard time matching the exact value they need.
"
Sitnave wrote:
I believe both ways could work together. Some people have very sensitive mouses and would have hard time matching the exact value they need.

Good point! Both it is then.
After update problem: Tree tab, bottom buttons doesnt work, search neither.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info