Atlas - are we being even more bottle-necked to meta only builds?

"
Z_Fighters wrote:

It wasn't always the case, I remember the days where you could go have a look at all PoE's beautiful skills and pick one you liked and go for gold in hardcore, so many options for defensive and offensive building class choices, weapon specialization...Breaks my heart.

People are so quick to whiteknight GGG at the first sign of a negative post on these forums, but they fail to realise the people who make these posts are more often than not the most fucking passionate players that love the game and don't want to see it get hurt.
I fucking hate reddit, but now I can fully understand why people go there for legitimate game concerns rather than post here.

I'm not sure how this is even possible, the game has only gotten easier and easier as time has gone on. More unique items, asendancy classes, new skills. It can't be more difficult to make a build work.

The balance of the game sucks atm, I can agree to that. I've never had a problem with anything in the game and I don't play those meta builds. The game doesn't require them at all. Killing 3 screens of monsters at once, 1 shotting bosses, makes you do it much faster then I can. You will acquire wealth faster and upgrade your character to its highest point faster. But thats all. There are definetly far more then 3 builds you can do to all the endgame content.

I get it, you don't want to die in hardcore. But thats what you sign up for. Isn't this where that hardcore experience really shines. The intensity of going after the unknown, not knowing the outcome.
Sadly build diversity disappeared from this game a long time ago, along with any semblance it had of balance.

CoC, perma-IC Marauders, OP bows, 1 or 2 imbalanced spells. Just the same shit, different day. No wonder people are getting bored and leaving.

Ascendancies didn't change anything like some of us were saying, rather it made things worse.

And let's not mention why are new maps being made so laggy now? Can we please get some properly designed T16s that are not crayon color clusterfucks / lag-fests like Core / Plaza.

Yeah, I feel like we are..

I had some "fun" builds I wanted to try this coming League, but now, in lieu of needing to face Guardians and the Shaper, I'll have to go back to the drawing board and go a more "meta" build that can survive them AND clear fast...
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
people who still complain about build diversity belong on reddit
why should you care about what others play, if you want to play a meta build then play it. if you want to play your snowflake build then play that. the game is in such a stage where basically anything can be taken to red maps with a little innovation.

[Removed by Support]
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Aug 24, 2016, 10:15:58 PM
"
Krappakreepo wrote:
people who still complain about build diversity belong on reddit
why should you care about what others play, if you want to play a meta build then play it. if you want to play your snowflake build then play that. the game is in such a stage where basically anything can be taken to red maps with a little innovation.

[Removed by Support]

what the fuck are you on about, this thread isn't about what other people play, it's about the minuscule amount of options we have for actually doing well.

and the only argument people with the same mindset you have is: we should all willingly stab our selves in the foot and then go walk on it. Can you people not see how fucking stupid this is?

And yes, I have been doing this for years since I've never played meta, which often involves cheese and broken mechanics, but sadly often that cheese is needed which is why it was created in the first place.

and now I am (and a lot of other people) are sick of being forced to either use broken mechanics and or cheese, or walk on 1 foot.
Last edited by Z_Fighters on Aug 25, 2016, 2:05:27 AM
What happens when we complete a legacy T9 gorge on the atlas?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Meta in ARPG exist only when developer doesnt react fast enough to balance problems.
In POE meta builds are nothing more than abusing the balance that GGG let pass thru their radar (if they even care about balance at all). So if GGG reacted within a week to new OP build appearing, there would be no problems with balance.
Developers in such games need strong backbone and show community that they dont tolerate any abuse on the systems, balance, trade or simply using bugs for own adventage (the third is bannable offense in many games).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info