Atlas - are we being even more bottle-necked to meta only builds?

To the OP: You don't need to run a meta build at all to beat content in this game, but i becomes way more easier if you are using current meta mechanics to do so. (which is 100% poison = free win)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
what's hilarious are players who use him as benchmark even though they will never step in a t15 map more than once or twice in their entire poe career.

Uh, to whom was this directed?

All the clickbaiters that leveld their "top tier" guided builds in gorges?

Whew, okay.

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
what's hilarious are players who use him as benchmark even though they will never step in a t15 map more than once or twice in their entire poe career.

Anyone who think core malachai is a meaningful benchmark for a build.

Isn't that the actual carrot on the stick though? To take down this boss? I mean, isn't that part of the game's fun? To try to complete what is arguably the hardest available content?

Also more important since this map will be gating one corner of the Atlas, so it is relevant moving forward.

Seems like a weird stance to take since it's natural to set goals, unless someone is 100% casual and just log on every day to drool and run random maps or something, in which case those people are precluded from the aforementioned group.

/shrug
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 24, 2016, 2:53:19 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
"
Nephalim wrote:

Anyone who think core malachai is a meaningful benchmark for a build.

is this directed at this post..? did you read it, I don't care about core Malachai, but now we will need to kill him to get to the new bosses, and in Hardcore, there are only 2-3 builds who can. We have already been bottle necked on build diversity and now it will be elaborated even further in Atlas.
"
ladish wrote:
ugh. Butcher "meta" even more why don't you.

um, care to explain what you are having a hissy over?
"
To the OP: You don't need to run a meta build at all to beat content in this game, but i becomes way more easier if you are using current meta mechanics to do so. (which is 100% poison = free win)

I would agree with you if this post wasn't directed at hardcore, I didn't want to make it a hardcore only thing but maybe I should have to save some time.
Imo, dont expect to T14 Plaza or T15+ decently rolled maps without building for them. You gonna have a bad time trying to do any decently rolled Core Malachai with a mediocre build. They said the focus will be on T16 and Shaper soo im quite literally expecting the hardest content out of this if they even nerfed Core Malachai to accommodate for entry to it.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Z_Fighters wrote:
"

I would agree with you if this post wasn't directed at hardcore, I didn't want to make it a hardcore only thing but maybe I should have to save some time.

It was not directed at hardcore actually.
Take skill x (maybe also add chaos damage) and a poison gem (or use an item that lets you poison on hit), and you faceroll.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Imo, dont expect to T14 Plaza or T15+ decently rolled maps without building for them. You gonna have a bad time trying to do any decently rolled Core Malachai with a mediocre build. They said the focus will be on T16 and Shaper soo im quite literally expecting the hardest content out of this if they even nerfed Core Malachai to accommodate for entry to it.

I mean yeeaa that's what I am getting it. how many non "medicocre" builds can you come up with? that will be able to tackle these fights esp on HC?

groan, I don't even want to play the fucking thing if everyone is going to be running around on fucking CI blade fall miners doing these bosses
"
"
Z_Fighters wrote:
"

It was not directed at hardcore actually.
Take skill x (maybe also add chaos damage) and a poison gem (or use an item that lets you poison on hit), and you faceroll.

I meant my original post, not your one, sorry

damage alone is hardly the issue. good luck not getting 1 shot playing anything but 12k+ ES/CI builds or very decked out juggernauts.
Either they:

1) rebalance a shit tone of skills and mechanics to make them on pair with current meta builds (VERY UNLIKELY - GGG only nerfs)

2) nerf poison and destroy most of current meta so people will have to find new shit introduced in 2.4 (very likely)

3) nerf poison and not rebalance or intruduce shit in 2.4 = all play juggern(a/o)ut or 12k es shit with most possible OP skill for that moment + curses
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Aug 24, 2016, 3:43:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info