Atlas - are we being even more bottle-necked to meta only builds?

Shaper will be much more gated than Atziri. She requires just a dedicated build, which can be powerleveled, fragments are, and were, also easy to get.

I'm fairly sure most of the people don't even realize what kind of grind it'll be to fight the Shaper once, without heavy trading. And without the meta skill/s of the league and a meta build able to do safely all of the content up to him, him included.

So he can't be compared even to Atziri. Amass of effective runs will be gated behind meta trading, meta skills, meta builds.
Be sure just a few will be able to. Not saying that it's a bad thing, just saying.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Inb4 first build to down Shapper is an elemental hit miner.
The only ones enforcing the bottle-neck are the players themselves.

You can get extremely quirky builds into high end-game, specially since the introduction of ascendancy.

What you won't be able to do is keep up with the speed players. So the choice is simply

fun vs speed

The content will be harder with a quirky build, but that's self imposed if you go that route and makes for a lousy argument.

Generally meta builds incorporate defenses that make 95% of the content sleep inducing, again a choice the players themselves make.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ladish wrote:
ugh. Butcher "meta" even more why don't you.

I just want the term to die off. I'm not a linguist but can assume people that know or care about language hate how this term is used. Sure, its internet nerd land where we repeat what other people say to sound smart but its just annoying at this point. Meta-build, meta-items, meta-farm, meta meta meta I know what I'm talking about because I use the word meta a lot... /rant.

On topic, its just another "the sky if falling" thread to me. If you haven't accepted that some builds are better than others at doing certain things in this game I don't know what to tell you. Build diversity is still in a great place even though the hardest content can only be completed by a select few builds and its still possible for a ton of people to enjoy the game without doing the hardest content.

The system isn't out. Lets see how the nerfs go. If you don't like that the content is hard maybe HC isn't for you?
Last edited by whitelytning on Aug 24, 2016, 12:05:24 PM
"
Z_Fighters wrote:
Previously maps like this where just something that are "there" if you felt like being suicidal, but now they are going to feel like an intrinsic part of PoE's story and you wont feel complete without challenging them.

comedy gold
"
whitelytning wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
ugh. Butcher "meta" even more why don't you.

I just want the term to die off. I'm not a linguist but can assume people that know or care about language hate how this term is used. Sure, its internet nerd land where we repeat what other people say to sound smart but its just annoying at this point. Meta-build, meta-items, meta-farm, meta meta meta I know what I'm talking about because I use the word meta a lot... /rant.

On topic, its just another "the sky if falling" thread to me. If you haven't accepted that some builds are better than others at doing certain things in this game I don't know what to tell you. Build diversity is still in a great place even though the hardest content can only be completed by a select few builds and its still possible for a ton of people to enjoy the game without doing the hardest content.

The system isn't out. Lets see how the nerfs go. If you don't like that the content is hard maybe HC isn't for you?

and why do you assume so quickly people are talking about meta in the context of meta-physical, meta-gaming? obviously that makes no fucking sense, don't you think?

Meta just so happens to abbreviate also for:

Most

Efficient

Tactics

Available

is the context still wrong mr not a linguist? or would you still rather us not use "your word" anymore cause only smarty people can understand it.

lmao, people.
Last edited by Z_Fighters on Aug 24, 2016, 12:28:16 PM
"

I'm not even going to reply to your "on-topic" discussion since you have missed the plot so entirely, you're in Africa buddy.
Last edited by Z_Fighters on Aug 24, 2016, 12:28:45 PM
^Most efficient =/= viable

You just explained the therm and consequentially undermined the whole thread, no?

:)

Meta will always be superior if your main enjoyment is speed. If that's not your concern there are plenty of other options for you available in PoE.

Praise kuduku.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
MetaTriggered.
You metamad bro?
M I doing it m37ari73 m8?
Last edited by whitelytning on Aug 24, 2016, 12:39:07 PM
Is there really a need to bump your own thread like a cat on acid?

ctrl+c something, press the "Quote" button, ctrl+v it, reply to it - rinse and repeat. Dont quadrupple post to reply to four people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info