So, why exactly are 'you' against CoC? It's not like it's the equivalent of pre release Spork...

It's not the cast on crit gem itself that is broken, it is some of the things linked with cast on crit that are the issue. Spells like bladefall and discharge for example, do too much damage while linked to cast on crit. I actually love the mechanics behind cast on crit itself, and want cast on crit to remain intact.

How I would like GGG to fix cast on crit: Do not change how cast on crit works, but instead add a line to the spells that become overpowered when linked with cast on crit. The line should say "Does 20% reduced damage when linked to cast on crit." Or any other % that GGG seems good balance-wise.
This would solve two issues. One: it would let GGG adjust the damage done based on a per spell basis. Meaning they do not fully nerf everything when linked to cast on crit. And two: It would keep the cast on crit mechanics intact, meaning players can use cast on crit like it used to be, and with any spell they want(though with balanced damage adjustment).
"CoC triggered skills now cost mana, and are limited by cast speed, unsupportable by spell echo".

Whoops, whining would surely follow. And you wouldn't even nerf the damage of the gem.
"
dxmzmx wrote:
"CoC triggered skills now cost mana, and are limited by cast speed, unsupportable by spell echo".

Whoops, whining would surely follow. And you wouldn't even nerf the damage of the gem.

So since cast speed matters why don't you just go selfcast which free up all the needs of accuracy and can now focus on more potent spell crit nodes while doing 800% to 1200% more damage per cast than a coc spells.

Amazing how stupid some people are.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Aug 20, 2016, 11:30:21 PM
"
StereoxAS wrote:
and voidheart builds

Wait... are you somehow implying melee is even close to being at the level of random CoC build with Voidheart? I laughed a little bit, hope that was the intention.

I think CoC has had its time in the sun and could have a nerf or two.

But then I only play solo/self found so I don't actually care.
i played for 1 year nonstop to get the gear for a CoC discharge more then 80 ex so i can finally enjoy the final content . There are builds under 10 ex who can do the same thing ... all of the mine / traps / chaoss dmg overlapping mega uber dmg . They should consider this
CoC(To a lesser extent other trigger gems) represent a point in PoE's lifespan when it began to take a very different turn than what had come before.

Is it worse? Is it better? Purely subjective. However that is when I knew things were changing.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
daulabuci wrote:
i played for 1 year nonstop to get the gear for a CoC discharge more then 80 ex so i can finally enjoy the final content . There are builds under 10 ex who can do the same thing ... all of the mine / traps / chaoss dmg overlapping mega uber dmg . They should consider this

Yeah because they totally considered freezing pulse.
Last edited by Applefarm on Aug 21, 2016, 10:24:23 AM
"
CoC(To a lesser extent other trigger gems) represent a point in PoE's lifespan when it began to take a very different turn than what had come before.

Is it worse? Is it better? Purely subjective. However that is when I knew things were changing.

To me, Multistrike was a similar turning-point for PoE's 'direction', and triggers were the logical continuation of that mess. Big changes with a strong fallout, both.
Still here though.
I am not AGAISNT coc, i am Pro balance
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info