So, why exactly are 'you' against CoC? It's not like it's the equivalent of pre release Spork...

"
Isdp wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
plodd wrote:
There are plenty of builds at least or more op than CoC.

Not sure what the hell people are thinking when they say self cast cant be balanced because of CoC. I guess they've never played it and are talking out of their a$$. If they had played it they would know that with CoC you will generally be using 2 spells or for a crap build 1 spell with a support. Some may use 3 spells but id like to see you gear that build to wreck endgame with 10 chaos. Give me a break.
It's not rocket science to work out that you can buff self cast with better supports without buffing CoC.

On a side note, the nerf brigade better get ready to dramatically increase their monetary support, because after the player base dissolves because of the unfair nerfing league after league, you either pay up or watch the game die.

One thing that definitely needs to be done is diminishing returns on movement speed. 200% faster run is stupid.
List one build doing over 1 million DPS on a 15c budget.

Nothing falls into that category that isnt COC with a Tabula or a 5L Volls Protector.

What about the stupid bladefall miner ?
What does it need beyond a tabula ?
Bladefall miner requires far more than just a tabula.

Also Bladefall miners clear isnt that good, the only thing Bladefall miner does well is trivialize hard Boss Fights like Uber Atziri. Bladefall mines is nothing more than Flame Totem 2.0, good at killing bosses, meh at clear speed.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
Im convinced a good portion of coc hate comes from softcore rage at lag caused by it in pubs. (really dont see them that much in HC)

Dunno if I really have something against coc, its a somewhat easy to give basic gear, needs the moneys to really give the amazing damage that people whine about, gets hillariously raped by reflect/thorns.
I am however not against a mechanical change to reduce clear-speed meta. but if you touch coc and leave certain others untouched *COUGH*EARTHQUAKE*COUGH* then you are doing only half the job.
With that said, I think if people get the amazing gear, they should be able to destroy content. Some people rage even at people using some mirror-worthy shit as if they shouldnt. (and I see that once again some people who have no idea about gear talk out of their ass too)
Since when does earthquake even remotely compare in clear speed to cast on crit ?

Earthquake is literal trash in comparison to even the worst cast on crit builds.

How are people honestly trying to redirect the argument towards things like Earthquake which is quite literally the definition of "mediocre" clear speed to things like COC SC/WB/Barrage/Tshot ?

Funnily enough a guy in my guild has an eq build. 190% faster run, 9.6k health and up to 400k tooltip self buffed. And its still not as good as his lightning arrow frostwall character!!!
Link said persons character that was made this league.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I never said it was in the league. In case you don't realise let me make it clear. Standard is also part of the game, and nerfs affect standard as well.

Also im still waiting for your link to this 15 chaos 1 million dps endgame coc build.
Or have you given up on that crazy lie ?
Is it over powered?

I used to play coc because it is insanely fun.. but when i then tried amax block build I'll never be able to go back to coc.

Coc is just glass canon and i hate dying. Unless there is some new tanky version of coc out there I'm not aware of.
"
plodd wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I never said it was in the league. In case you don't realise let me make it clear. Standard is also part of the game, and nerfs affect standard as well.

Also im still waiting for your link to this 15 chaos 1 million dps endgame coc build.
"Crazy lie" go to the build guides and go look up any cast on critical strike build using a tabula and quill rain.

Fact is youre lying because you dont have that kind of tooltip with EQ and no one is going to 190% permanent movespeed unless theyre on the right side of the tree.

*yawn* lying to protect your coc builds when theyre already getting nerfed isnt going to help you.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
plodd wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

"Crazy lie" go to the build guides and go look up any cast on critical strike build using a tabula and quill rain.

Fact is youre lying because you dont have that kind of tooltip with EQ and no one is going to 190% permanent movespeed unless theyre on the right side of the tree.

*yawn* lying to protect your coc builds when theyre already getting nerfed isnt going to help you.

Im not lying, he uses mirrored staff, legacy koams, headhunters , acuity ect. One of your 15 chaos builds no doubt.

Of course right side of the tree, what duelist eq dosnt go over to right side of tree ?

Also my main that ive played for 3 years is melee, I just make CoC builds to mess around on as I do all sorts of other builds.

My point is all this stupid exaggeration and misinformation to try and get builds nerfed serves no purpose other than to aggravate large portions of the playerbase.

It does nothing for balance as the most op builds are seldom touched and new ones are always created as bribes to get people to play in the new leagues.
Last edited by plodd on Aug 21, 2016, 7:47:46 PM
"Hey look how OP earthquake is with mirrored gear"

More like

"Look how medicore EQ is even with the best gear compared to a 15c COC build".

Nice try though dude.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
CoC(To a lesser extent other trigger gems) represent a point in PoE's lifespan when it began to take a very different turn than what had come before.

Is it worse? Is it better? Purely subjective. However that is when I knew things were changing.

To me, Multistrike was a similar turning-point for PoE's 'direction', and triggers were the logical continuation of that mess. Big changes with a strong fallout, both.
Still here though.

Ah yes. I forgot about that. Multi-strike was definitely a big one. I even remember thinking so at the time. Of course, still here also. Perhaps not as often but still here.

There is no going back now though!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
brunowa wrote:
Is it over powered?

Coc is just glass canon and i hate dying. Unless there is some new tanky version of coc out there I'm not aware of.

Ay lmao

My CoC Discharger with ~10-11k ES and insta leech through Vaal Pact in Peranuds was pretty damn tanky. Not to mention that I didn't even get my blasphemy+enfeeble setup because I was too lazy to respec a few points or to get a few more lvls. All of that was done with average CoC gear. I need to say that this build is one of the tankiest I've ever played, at least as long as you're leeching.
This is a buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info