So, why exactly are 'you' against CoC? It's not like it's the equivalent of pre release Spork...

Why am I against CoC?
Imagine being able to Multistrike with Earthquake, with an aftershock on each swing.
That's what CoC does for Spells.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
I dont understand why anyone who isnt consistently top 50 on the ladder gives a shit about how fast or OP something is or how well other people are doing. Its the same people that circle jerk about how they only like challenging games but constantly use the most trivialising skills and items and expect the devs to put limitations on them instead of having the self control to put limitations on themseves.

Because drop rates are balanced around the rate those top 50 players can acquire wealth. Look at the balancing of Talisman league for the most prominent example.

Exactly this. Those people force you to play coc or miner too (or be the poor guy) and that is just plain bullshit.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Aug 19, 2016, 1:03:32 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
I dont understand why anyone who isnt consistently top 50 on the ladder gives a shit about how fast or OP something is or how well other people are doing. Its the same people that circle jerk about how they only like challenging games but constantly use the most trivialising skills and items and expect the devs to put limitations on them instead of having the self control to put limitations on themseves.

Because drop rates are balanced around the rate those top 50 players can acquire wealth. Look at the balancing of Talisman league for the most prominent example.

Yes. This. Ten thousand times this. This should be framed and hung on the wall of Chris Wilson's office to remind him why this game sucks so much right now.
This is a buff™
"
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

Yes. This. Ten thousand times this. This should be framed and hung on the wall of Chris Wilson's office to remind him why this game sucks so much right now.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Why am I against CoC?
Imagine being able to Multistrike with Earthquake, with an aftershock on each swing.
That's what CoC does for Spells.
Add in an echoing shrine with a 100% crit chance shrine as well.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

So in a perfect world where every skill in the game is balanced completely evenly. You belive drops will be higher? There is no other reason you can think of for shitty drops in a free to play game? No incentive whatsover for the developer keeping you chasing that carrot?
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:08:16 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
^you're responding to a guy with multiple level 100 characters and you think I have a problem with lengthy carrot chases? I don't think we should get pigeon-holed into a handful of selected builds each season if we want to reach the carrot within our lifetime.

Then instead of asking for nerfs to CoC you should ask for buffs for every other skill. Bringing CoC down will not improve your clearspeed or grind to 100. The only thing it will do is give you the satisfaction of knowing everyone else having to suffer as much as you. Which again, caring how other people play shouldnt matter unless you are a real competitor. Not proud to be top 5000. You say you have multiple 100s you could be one of the top 50 who does have a legit reason to care. Im not going to look. But if you arent nerfing CoC or whatever meta skill takes its place after it gets gutted isnt going to help you.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
^you're responding to a guy with multiple level 100 characters and you think I have a problem with lengthy carrot chases? I don't think we should get pigeon-holed into a handful of selected builds each season if we want to reach the carrot within our lifetime.

Then instead of asking for nerfs to CoC you should ask for buffs for every other skill. Bringing CoC down will not improve your clearspeed or grind to 100. The only thing it will do is give you the satisfaction of knowing everyone else having to suffer as much as you. Which again, caring how other people play shouldnt matter unless you are a real competitor. Not proud to be top 5000. You say you have multiple 100s you could be one of the top 50 who does have a legit reason to care. Im not going to look. But if you arent nerfing CoC or whatever meta skill takes its place after it gets gutted isnt going to help you.
And then you needlessly contribute to even more unwarranted power creep.

Fact is, Cast on Crit is broken. Its honestly hilarious that people are still trying to argue that it isnt.

The game is being balanced around broken shit, why do you think monster damage and life was brought up multiple patches ago ? Its the reason why melee is suffering because they cant deal with the large amounts of elemental damage present in the game, the damage was only increased because broken as shit builds like Cast on Crit existing, its the entire reason why gimpy one shots exist as well like Volatile Blood.

You cant kill someone playing on demigod mode without cheap tactics that affect regular users in a significantly negative manor.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 19, 2016, 2:51:04 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:06:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info