Survey: Are you happy with Atlas of Worlds or not

"
Shredzilly wrote:
No.

When I have learned one thing from the Past then it is that GGG has become very good at Hyping / Marketing / Showing off but the Endresult often couldn´t keep the Promise..

This.

I've grown immune to illusion of annoucments and marketing. To much dissapointment in the past with warbands , talisman and prophecy.

But who knows maybe this time they suprise me and will really make me wanna play my lvl 100 char and feel meaningfull and fun at the same time. Thats what i call endgame.

Time will tell...
IGN : Sir_Big
"
MrAmpleTin wrote:
please answer YES or NO and then explain why

I think it another step in the right direction for the game. Giving players a little more control over their maps, and a chance to increase the drop rate are both good for the game.

I like the thematic element quite a bit as well. One thing that concerns me though is whether this is "one" Atlas of Worlds or "the" Atlas of Worlds. If the game is locked into one single Atlas, than future possibilities are unnecessarily limited.

The Beyond worlds, for instance ...
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Happy, unless all the new maps suck, which hopefully won't be the case. And I don't think there is anything to be "overhyped" about. It's a small thing, yet impactful.
"
Qarl wrote:
YES

Because it has some very interesting stuff going on in it, and it has a definitive way to feel progress.

I don't get as deep into maps as some of the others in the office, but Atlas of Worlds makes me very keen to get up to mapping in the next league.

Might want to start sharing all the stuff that would make us more excited about atlas of worlds then. Because as it is now, there's not a whole lot different with the current map system except for shaper orbs(which still don't eliminate the lower level maps from dropping and still don't fix luck being the main decider for what map I'll be forced to play next).

Luck is a lazy game mechanic, like procedural generation is in no man's sky. It creates extra duration for content without effort and lessens the overall quality of the entire experience.

Not to mention there was the same marketing hype around warbands , talisman and prophecy. And look how those turned out...
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Aug 19, 2016, 6:10:20 AM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
[random drops boo]

"Now, rather than receiving random maps of a specific tier, you receive random maps from that tier from the set of ones that you have previous completed as well as the maps that are connected on the Atlas to the map you’re playing. This allows you to progress through the Atlas rather than jumping from one unrelated arbitrary map to another. There is no penalty for completing (and unlocking) low-tier maps, because the tier is decided before the specific map is. Having more maps available just increases the variety on that tier." -Chris Wilson, sauce.

There's some serious work being done on how Maps drop.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 19, 2016, 6:18:17 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
[random drops boo]

"Now, rather than receiving random maps of a specific tier, you receive random maps from that tier from the set of ones that you have previous completed as well as the maps that are connected on the Atlas to the map you’re playing. This allows you to progress through the Atlas rather than jumping from one unrelated arbitrary map to another. There is no penalty for completing (and unlocking) low-tier maps, because the tier is decided before the specific map is. Having more maps available just increases the variety on that tier." -Chris Wilson, sauce.

There's some serious work being done on how Maps drop.

Not to mention the extra 100% map droprates. But that still doesn't allow me to chain spring maps to my heart's content unless I'm willing to start forking over some serious currency.

Now, IF I could somehow exchange my tier 11 map for another tier 11 map(one I actually do like to play), it would significantly lower the amount of boring maps I'd have to force myself through to get to the content I enjoy.
Or, if the atlas somehow provided an infinite stream of white maps that could only be rolled with a transmute, I'd be fine with that too.
But always relying on luck or trade to keep doing the fun maps isn't logical.

1) What logical reason is there in forcing us to grind maps we dislike when maps exist that we do like to grind?
2) What logical reason is there for us to go and do lower tier maps when our characters can handle higher tier maps with ease?

They're literally forcing us to sludge through the shitty parts of the game for no reason what so ever. That's the point I'm trying to make.
1. Some amount of randomness is part of the overarching design of Maps. Nothing strictly 'logical' I suppose. Variety is the spice of life?
Springs will be tier 14 btw, from what we've seen. :)

2. The whole point behind the map tier biases Chris describes is so you don't have to fall back as much. The design is so that you can work up to those Guardians in the centre somewhat reliably, which involves running t15 maps with some frequency.

By my estimations, one shouldn't have to fall back on yellow maps as often anymore, if at all. With Shaper Orbs, you can create a sizable variety of red Maps, or keep the pool tighter by not using them.

"the shitty parts of the game"
To each their own.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 19, 2016, 6:37:47 AM
If you want to run straight line meeps with different tile sets all day every day, you should play D3. Not a troll post btw, I mean it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Achilion wrote:
"
Shredzilly wrote:
No.

When I have learned one thing from the Past then it is that GGG has become very good at Hyping / Marketing / Showing off but the Endresult often couldn´t keep the Promise..

This.

I've grown immune to illusion of annoucments and marketing. To much dissapointment in the past with warbands , talisman and prophecy.

But who knows maybe this time they suprise me and will really make me wanna play my lvl 100 char and feel meaningfull and fun at the same time. Thats what i call endgame.

Time will tell...

+

Starting to feel this way too. Honestly buying the Prophecy pack was a mistake for me looking back, so I'm holding off supporting something I haven't played yet. Can easily see the Essences being Talisman level grinds and Shaper fights being RNG fests to get to so again you'll have a large portion of the playerbase "stuck" at T13 or whatever. If so, gonna be the same old grind without much change.

No Supporter pack from me.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Vipermagi wrote:

"the shitty parts of the game"
To each their own.

Exactly, yes, a thousand times yes. So let me avoid the things I find shitty if it serves no purpose. I mean, if diversity is your thing, by all means. Go nuts, play the map system like it's a piano, but let me grind my tier 14 springs or tier 11 dry peninsula in piece without having to constantly wait for hours to trade a significant amount or pay through the nose.

And I honestly don't care about the guardians since it'll play like a slideshow on my computer any way. If possible, I'd just avoid them completely. Same reason I don't do Atziri or hall of champions.

But let us at least fix the lazy luck system and allow for chaining of maps that we like. If they're going to make the endgame grind extremely long and tedious, the proper thing for ggg to do would be to allow us to at least choose the implements with which to flagellate ourselves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info