Survey: Are you happy with Atlas of Worlds or not

"
Qarl wrote:
YES

Because it has some very interesting stuff going on in it, and it has a definitive way to feel progress.

I don't get as deep into maps as some of the others in the office, but Atlas of Worlds makes me very keen to get up to mapping in the next league.

Hey Carl,

Glad to hear you are excited about the new expansion too and are happy with the hard work you put into it.
Could you DEVs @GGG do us a fovour and post your charakters and your progression on a news update in the middle/end of the league?
I think it would be very interesting to know how you are doing in the expansion on your own characters - Thanks.

OT: Yes, i am hyped about the new expansion.
Because i can create artificially super hard maps with more than 8 mods through the Atlas, because of the overlapping mechanic of cartographers sextant orbs - maybe the relation between risk/reward may be way off on those but i think it will still be a lot of fun running them.

Also i am hyped about the higher map drop rate you can achieve for completing/progressing through the atlas.
How should I kNOw, when AoW isn't out, yet? From what I read about it, it seems like in a few weeks you'll get a yes from me.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:11:52 PM
No the whole limiting map drops thing until you beat certain maps sounds kind of dumb to be honest. Also CoC nerf as well. Honestly very unexcited about Atlas of Worlds.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
This expansion looks like shit. Still no improvements to end game or item drops.

Nothing new at all just a new way to track shit maps.
This expansion is one I'll play on standard for sure (I have little time, I'd rather use a leveled character so I jump to the meat of the AoW).

I'm happy with it. Tilesets are shiny, and the Atlas is weird enough (I still barely understand how the map bias works). Still, it's a progression mechanism that should help to cope with randomness.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
dont know yet.
if new map system drop base on RNG "again" then i am OUT.
if we got the content with out RNG and boss fight or adventure fight is hard its got HYPE.
NO.

It doesn't give anyhting knew, you will still be doing the same old mapping system, only now the game will show your "progress" on the Atlas map.

It's still going to be the same old boring map grind, selling 3c items and flipping items to get enough gear to push into higher tier maps, but the higher tier maps will never drop, so you will be doing trivial low challenge maps, or in this case running T15 gorges whole days long.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
YES.

Been playing this game since 2012.

Atals of Words will finally give the end game map system a purpose and a sense of progression, which I think is the best thing they could do to the map system.

Being able to track which maps you have done, making your way through the levels and having a final boss at the end is pretty cool, not exactly a new concept, but it is what the map system needed and I think they've done it really well.
Last edited by Shipman on Aug 21, 2016, 6:03:40 AM
YES
More diversity doing the maps, something new and interesting. But it makes the game even more complex than it is now, so my feelings are mixed, but i stay with YES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info