☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
@yastu: Dzz1rt's setup in terms of Tree will give you much higher damage output, mainly because he has the luxury (with Mirror tier items & t1 Life Rolls) to path to Shadow, whereas in order to match his level of life total I have to go to Scion/Constitution to achieve the same thing.

So with my Tree you can expect less damage output but higher life total. I think the use of Grace is likely not necessary, Hatred is just fine since you are utilizing a Jade Flask. We are not a QOTF build so we don't need crazy amounts of Evasion. I had about ~20K Evasion or so with Flask Effect and a highly rolled Jade Flask of Reflexes, and that was just fine in terms of performance.

You don't necessarily need to have a second Bow, the one you have right now is just fine at 436 pDPS. If you really desire to have a Barrage setup, you can use TS for general clear (which it's already great at doing) and swap in to a 6L Belly of the Beast for bosses. If you insist on using Kaom's always, for a while I played with a Reach on swap (+4 Projectile) with Barrage setup, which is also pretty strong. I think overall for you the gear is quite strong, unfortunate about your Rustic Sash though. Only Jewels and finer tuning of gear is ahead for you imo.

ty for answering! My bow has not 436 pDPS , it has only 386 pDPS , there are tons of bows with 420 pDPS, similars at mine, but with low crit.

PHYSICAL DAMAGE : 158 - 449
CRITICAL STRIKE CHANCE : 6%
APS : 1.39
---------------------------
179% INCREASED PHYSICAL D
ADDS 28 - 49 PHYSICAL D
+22 DEXTERITY
18% REDUCED ATRRIBUTE REQ.
+69 ACCURACY RATING
11% INCREASED ATTACK SPEED

that is bad option, isn't it?

tyvm!

Sorry guys, been moving recently and still settling in. Probably won't play much. I played a little bit with old Pathfinder the other day, honestly the Master Surgeon changes made the build concept not as op as it was, for boss fights we may need:

To help us sustain some of the charges. Luckily, I did do a quick Shaper run in Standard and I think it's not that bad with the add phase giving back charges, as well as the Phase 1/Phase 2 thing where you fight the Unshaped boss. Was still able to do with my gear, but is quite tuned. Not sure if possible in temp league anymore, Life based builds are just in a really bad spot atm without some serious help.

If you are looking for some Raider love, I would actually go check out Arly's thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1782214

Lot of good concepts there and good for those who want a speedy and solid Raider build, which is where I would have headed anyways if I had time to test.

=================================================================================

@y0usif: TS + GMP + WED + Added Lightning + Pierce would be my choice, assuming you are using Drillneck to take advantage of the Pierce %. You get free Poison from Pathfinder too so that is nice, pretty much free 6L. Start there, eventually if you do get 6L, you can use Increased Critical Strikes so you're landing Crits all the time.

@skuadak: There are two situations where I avoid/rethink doing Lab, one is Fonts (can be very dangerous), the other is Conduits. If it is both I definitely do not do it that day. Otherwise, you have to be pretty careful if one of those exist. I think Vulnerability Font + fully charged Izaro slam may be one of the most dangerous things in the game, no joke. You can do Uber Lab on all other mods imo, just be careful when the final room is pillars + fire, that is probably the most dangerous for Ranger.

I won't comment on gem or tree choices, except to say that I would do it differently :)

@yastu: My bad on that, I think I typed the number in wrong on my calculator. I think that bow is ok if you are committed to wiping suffixes. Looks like a Citadel Bow to me, but am not sure. Is nice base damages tbh, just doesn't have the flexibility of links because you must use Increased Critical Strikes gem to boost the base Crit Chance %.

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

@skuadak: There are two situations where I avoid/rethink doing Lab, one is Fonts (can be very dangerous), the other is Conduits. If it is both I definitely do not do it that day. Otherwise, you have to be pretty careful if one of those exist. I think Vulnerability Font + fully charged Izaro slam may be one of the most dangerous things in the game, no joke. You can do Uber Lab on all other mods imo, just be careful when the final room is pillars + fire, that is probably the most dangerous for Ranger.

I meet these conduits for the 1st time when I did merc, barely made it. I think I'll wait and check poe.lab and just try at some good time.

"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

I won't comment on gem or tree choices, except to say that I would do it differently :)

I know I keep saying it for few years already, but SA it's pretty solid average this season, really ;) I'm not sure if IR was that good idea, tho. Sometimes it's quite nice, but sometimes it's not. I'll take Avatar of Veil now and then I plan to use that unique chest with phase acro on it. Unless it's appear impossible or not handy for some reason.
Btw,I didn't expect that armor might require this much effort, tbh, but still, doable without grace (so far which is- late rare yellow maps.)

thanks for reply and wish me luck, I'll probably rly need it %)

p.s. I have 5k hp sharp, AA and 12k armor, I swear on my mum's eyes. I never had this much of everything in my rangers life.

Edit: Chest name is "The perfect form", it's piss cheap too. I might try to use P. of cold, but srsly, if I hit no thick wall, I'll just go with 26% spell dodge from boots and use belly/LC/rare
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Jan 20, 2017, 4:25:44 PM
@skuadak: Imo Perfect Form is incredibly good. Probably not for this style but definitely for a more niche approach such as IR. Never really tried Dodge and Armor before, but even then, getting free Arctic Armour on top is also great. Also just looking at your Flask setup, I doubt that you'll need two Life Flasks unless you're running Lab all the time. If you want more Armor grab a Jade Flask of Reflexes.

I was gonna test this weekend but I'm lazy as hell. Still moving to the new place so I've been busy. Honestly to me, I still think Pathfinder is great :3
Made some updates. Played a lot of content the last few days on my Pathfinder, and then on another high level Pathfinder that I respec'ed to Raider. Both classes are wonderful right now, although I did experience some minor lapses for Flasks in the Raider setup, but holy shit you are fast. I actually think it's a pretty good choice for speed farming content, better than Pathfinder.

Gear remains the same, although I might make adjustments later. Decoy Totem felt a little meh after the taunt nerfs. Still fairly comfortable with Guardians / Shaper at the moment. Obviously Master Surgeon is much weaker now so atm I'm using a Staunching Flask with Veteran Bowyer. The extra Flask Charges gained and damage boost is what I used in 2.3 (Prophecy League), so there's some familiarity there. Also a random note, been testing Blasphemy + Enlighten + Poacher's Mark and actually, non-Legacy Vinktar is recharging very quickly. Could be an option for some.

Anyways, I changed plans to play BSC out, especially with lack of any life buffs to tweak the tree any, and I didn't want things to get stale. Any questions please let me know.
Phys crit bow still works, I guess.

Had to upgrade to mirrored goodies though.

Hi Apple :)

=====================================================

Updated some of the Passive Trees. Spent the weekend and then some without Internet so did some Min/Max'ing on them. Mainly cleaned up the two Scion Life Wheel trees, and then added two matching trees that go into Shadow instead.

Options available for Legacy Vinktar vs. Non-Legacy Vinktar, and Vaal Pact vs. Acuity.

I'm probably gonna play bow in the last league before 3.0 though.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Feb 1, 2017, 9:46:50 PM
Hiyas Sarang, thanks for keeping your thread updated and as a long-time archer-lover (since the closed beta), I do appreciate the "tanky" style of play (since there's a lot of hard-hitting stuff in the game).

Just wanted to get your opinion on the topic of "being life-based". Assuming GGG does not buff life in the future (or evasion / armour or whatever other defensive mechanism), would staying as life still be the optimal path to take? I've honestly never tried toying with pathing to good old CI and have always believed that the archer playstyle is more suited to life (lots of juicy dps nodes are also situated nearby). If budget / currency is not a concern, would taking the long march to CI be worth the trouble / sacrifice? (I too am planning to make an archer build once again before the expansion hits)
This game is an illusion, exile.
Last edited by SADleem on Feb 1, 2017, 10:22:42 PM
"
SADleem wrote:
Hiyas Sarang, thanks for keeping your thread updated and as a long-time archer-lover (since the closed beta), I do appreciate the "tanky" style of play (since there's a lot of hard-hitting stuff in the game).

Just wanted to get your opinion on the topic of "being life-based". Assuming GGG does not buff life in the future (or evasion / armour or whatever other defensive mechanism), would staying as life still be the optimal path to take? I've honestly never tried toying with pathing to good old CI and have always believed that the archer playstyle is more suited to life (lots of juicy dps nodes are also situated nearby). If budget / currency is not a concern, would taking the long march to CI be worth the trouble / sacrifice? (I too am planning to make an archer build once again before the expansion hits)

Hi SAD,

I actually decided to spend some of my Standard currency on trying out SignalShot after I got 40/40 in BSC. I'm gonna be honest, at the current state, being life-based is severely disadvantaged to CI. If you have a lot of currency saved up, I do recommend that you give CI a shot. I decided to build this also to own some core CI or ES items like a halfway decent Regalia, Skyforth, etc. You just get so much ES for such little investment. I have Energy from Within, "okay" ES gear, and I have 1K+ ES more than I could ever get with a Legacy Kaom's in the life department.

The only thing we do gain is Acro and Phase Acro, which I will say in some fights such as Minotaur and Hydra, can be very valuable. About the tree, from my analysis of the SignalShot setup, you can reach all of the damage nodes in Ranger after you get all your ES Nodes from Witch, because ES Nodes in Witch are pretty symmetrical to, say, Life Nodes in Marauder. There's just a good concentration of them in that region, which allows you to get all the defense you need without having to path any further. So if currency was not a concern, I would CI is your end-game choice.

I no longer have the time to invest in the game like I used to, so for next league I will most likely go life-based. At this point the gearing and progression is second nature to me, and it's just relaxing to play in a temp league.
sorry, delete this
Last edited by forsajt on Feb 2, 2017, 6:40:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info