☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Enki91,basta1982 evasion sounds good and stuff. Until you get hit. And you will get hit, because of how Evasion works - monsters won't miss many times in a row, Resolute Technique bypasses it, Spells don't care about it. 40-45% Dodge is all you will get. And all mutigation you left with as Life EV char is Arctic Armour (you can run it as ES char as well though). You mean Blind from Flask? It creates Smoke Cloud under you and you don't really want to be in close range with anything.

Yes, you'll get hit, i already said that. The aim is to survive the worst possible hits which might get through. And it works pretty well, without playing like a paranoid or using crap like arctic armour.

If you want to check, how it does look like, when i am going for a t14+ boss:

Flasks up plus vaal grace, - without any mirrored items. Could add another 4% mitigation with chaos golem, but i prefer stone golem because of taunt and lifereg for grounddamage-maps. And another 8% spelldodge (sum 72%), if i would have taken spell damage recently.

You won't, and i do not struggle with any encounters!
Last edited by basta1982 on Oct 22, 2016, 11:53:08 PM
@SunL4D2: May i ask what you're doing here then? It all sounds like you want to play a completely different build posted in a different thread.

This build doesn't go the full conversion/penetration route, the goal here is to maximize crit- and with that damage consistency. Signal Fire will look good on paper, but you will lose the majority of that as soon as you run any EE and/or +80% fire res map, which are both pretty common mods on red maps.

From a raw DPS standpoint, a 280pdps Reach (currently 6ex+ on ESC) should be on par with a ~400pdps Harbinger for around the same price, but the Harbinger will win in this case due to substantially higher crit. For a Poison/Barrage setup you should still go with Reach, but that's not what this build is about.

ES does have its limitations, only gonna list the ones relevant for this setup here.
You have to run Discipline, which means you either have to give up the power charge generation or heavily invest into either aura nodes or Skyforths.
You also need something to counter getting stunlocked, so you either have to give up one of the main dps slots (Ring/Amulet) or again, 45ex boots.
Last but not least you will lose all evasion and Acro/Phase Acro, but we discussed that already.

Not to mention the investment into good ES gear. With fairly budget stuff you will only reach about 7.5-8k ES while giving up a jewel socket for Energy from Within - that's not a much higher pool than i have with a new Kaom's, but i have all the other good stuff on top.
If you want an ES pool that actually could be called good, and also want to cap your resistances you're looking at 60ex+ investment in ESC, excluding Skyforths, Bow, Flasks and Jewels. I would call that one a downside.

The second 6L is a fair point, but it's not really needed and chroming it for Barrage would be a pain.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@SunL4D2: May i ask what you're doing here then? It all sounds like you want to play a completely different build posted in a different thread.

This build doesn't go the full conversion/penetration route, the goal here is to maximize crit- and with that damage consistency. Signal Fire will look good on paper, but you will lose the majority of that as soon as you run any EE and/or +80% fire res map, which are both pretty common mods on red maps.

From a raw DPS standpoint, a 280pdps Reach (currently 6ex+ on ESC) should be on par with a ~400pdps Harbinger for around the same price, but the Harbinger will win in this case due to substantially higher crit. For a Poison/Barrage setup you should still go with Reach, but that's not what this build is about.

ES does have its limitations, only gonna list the ones relevant for this setup here.
You have to run Discipline, which means you either have to give up the power charge generation or heavily invest into either aura nodes or Skyforths.
You also need something to counter getting stunlocked, so you either have to give up one of the main dps slots (Ring/Amulet) or again, 45ex boots.
Last but not least you will lose all evasion and Acro/Phase Acro, but we discussed that already.

Not to mention the investment into good ES gear. With fairly budget stuff you will only reach about 7.5-8k ES while giving up a jewel socket for Energy from Within - that's not a much higher pool than i have with a new Kaom's, but i have all the other good stuff on top.
If you want an ES pool that actually could be called good, and also want to cap your resistances you're looking at 60ex+ investment in ESC, excluding Skyforths, Bow, Flasks and Jewels. I would call that one a downside.

The second 6L is a fair point, but it's not really needed and chroming it for Barrage would be a pain.

Hi m8, well i actually use a hybrid)
I do use life-crit-Ts concept, but have a full ele conversion on alternative weapon with signal fire. And have taken 6 penetration in tree+10 vinktar+10 boots enchant. And i wouldn't say i have less damage then cap on his video))) So full else could be used great on this concept also. Od course most of the time i don't switch to barrage while mapping... Only on hard rogvald t15 mods and maybe t16 and shaper... So it's not that nessecary
IGN:Jane_Has_A_Gun
May I ask how this build functions so well with 0% pierce? I was under the assumption that TS- a skill without "AoE"- more or less *needs* 100% pierce to be able to 1-shot packs. I see in your vids you're 1-shotting packs without pierce, but... how? I don't get it lol It looks like you have some crazy AOE going on...

(Right now I'm level 90 Raider using Drillneck and Pierce gem in a 5L. I plan on switching to pathfinder soon.)
Last edited by Heywoody on Oct 23, 2016, 11:26:27 PM
"
Dzz1rt wrote:
I do use life-crit-Ts concept, but have a full ele conversion on alternative weapon with signal fire. And have taken 6 penetration in tree+10 vinktar+10 boots enchant. And i wouldn't say i have less damage then cap on his video))) So full else could be used great on this concept also. Od course most of the time i don't switch to barrage while mapping... Only on hard rogvald t15 mods and maybe t16 and shaper... So it's not that nessecary

Imho you don't need either, at least i did not need Signal or Barrage to clear the whole content. There are a few things which can be helpfull like for example pierce, poisen, point blank, signal and barrage, but you are actually quite free to play it as you like, if your setup is well balanced.
"
basta1982 wrote:
"
Dzz1rt wrote:

Imho you don't need either, at least i did not need Signal or Barrage to clear the whole content. There are a few things which can be helpfull like for example pierce, poisen, point blank, signal and barrage, but you are actually quite free to play it as you like, if your setup is well balanced.

Sure it's not nessecary, well i wrote about it, my first video's were pure TS with shaper..It's just a bit more comfortable on some bosses(like uber Atziri) nothing more.

"
Heywoody wrote:
May I ask how this build functions so well with 0% pierce? I was under the assumption that TS- a skill without "AoE"- more or less *needs* 100% pierce to be able to 1-shot packs. I see in your vids you're 1-shotting packs without pierce, but... how? I don't get it lol It looks like you have some crazy AOE going on...

(Right now I'm level 90 Raider using Drillneck and Pierce gem in a 5L. I plan on switching to pathfinder soon.)

Pierce is nor needed. Dying sun+ 2 dop arrows gives us 42 arrows total on TS. So if u know where to shoot(it's important with TS a bit) u will oneshot ur packs..
IGN:Jane_Has_A_Gun
Last edited by Dzz1rt on Oct 24, 2016, 4:57:27 AM
what gems would you use for this bow?
"
DBM92 wrote:
what gems would you use for this bow?

Depends on your setup of course, but with no more information i'd say ts-wed-p2l-fa-ppad-gmp.
Hey guys,Op thank you for this great guide,after some time looking for a archer build "non chaos meta" pure crit phy whithout be squish i found that one:D,looks perfect,i have only two questions plase.

1.what Tree should i folow while leveling? The "Current" one or the "LVL 73 Tree Core 2.3" ?

2.For a physical build what bow should i get? a non legacy reach (270pdps)or a "cheap" harbinger (350 Pdps) ? or should i just go elemental with voltaxic and save for acuity gloves?

Its like clearspeed and normal atziri wise ,non GG physical or elemental based?until i make currency for a GG bow and acuity gloves.

Thats it thank you guys ,cya.
Last edited by alansx on Nov 6, 2016, 2:11:41 PM
if anyone want to buy this PM IG : LickMyHairyBalls

b/o 40 ex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info