☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

Are u gonna update the guide for 2.6?

Also the attack speed seems slow in the videos? hmm, maybe i'm wrong. (I like attack speed).
"
Balantakos wrote:
Are u gonna update the guide for 2.6?

Also the attack speed seems slow in the videos? hmm, maybe i'm wrong. (I like attack speed).

If you want hight attack speed go with raider version. On the vid he is pathfinder i guess.

"
fawkzz wrote:
Spoiler

IN HIDEOUT MY DPS IS 64K, PATHFINDER.
HOW YOU HAVE 100K MORE OF DPS IN TORNADO?

Is dmg tooltips is with all is flask aura charge up. Most guide show their tooltips like that since it look more impressive and show how hight it can go fully buffed. Is dps in hideout with only aura up is much lower

Hey,

just wanna ask if this Build can be used for a good Leaguestarter.
Can do Uberlabs in the early state of the game? (with 5,5K Life or below)
If yes, best way to level is while using the Death Harp Bow? or anything else?
"
Hey,

just wanna ask if this Build can be used for a good Leaguestarter.
Can do Uberlabs in the early state of the game? (with 5,5K Life or below)
If yes, best way to level is while using the Death Harp Bow? or anything else?

bow build are always good starter build. bow skill are quite strong and good aoe at early lvl and the dmg increase quickly.they usualy farm map really really fast easpecialy if you go raider.

for uberlab, if you have decent dmg and you are good to avoid 1 shot mechanic, it should be fine.

for death harp, yes, its the best leveling bow. it have decent dmg, decent crit and the +1 arrow is awsome. you can even use it in early map. its hard to find better crit bow then this at low lvl. after, you can ether get a better phy dmg one with good crit or use death opus (wich is a bit expensive).

in 2.6 they rework a lot of the old unique so their might be other good bow after death harp.

Hello again, I'm doing fine too, now I try to solo 1 of guardians. I think that chimera fits my oddball the best.
My ranger suprises me in every way possible, it can handle Colosseum Daresso without breaking the sweat or get devastaded by that fire breach-lord (while my poor-cousin wich does it w/o any issues.)

p.s. (Apart of #UnmetaMuchSkillset and apart of fact that it isn't neccesary to generate P. Charges with Pcoc at all).
I don't get how I figured it out that best place for utility support gem is inside Single target setup instead of AoE setup. Appeared that Frenzy is quite nice Single target skill. I'll probably need too go for full ele conv soon, tho. S. Flare + Ptl and I'm good to go? and WED instead of ICS or that Pcoc, right?
about 10 minutes after I post I got guess which prophecy...

I should conidere this "subtle" suggestion from the rng?
If I'll stay stubborn I'll at worst have setup for phys reflect maps, tho, so whatever will happen it's good omen.

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Feb 26, 2017, 4:21:26 AM
@zakariusqc: Lot of things to address here. I will do an update after the tree is announced coming up ofc before 2.6. I have plans to do a shorter post on a budget variant. For new leagues I love starting off as Raider because early on you get more from that Ascendancy than when you become more fine tuned with Pathfinder, in my opinion. As always I will probably support my group and then within the first week start a new character, so ofc this is on the list of builds.

Ice Shot can be quite good with the Pierce Nodes, but from a clear speed perspective it is a little slower than LA, and is clunkier than TS. I did play Ice Shot in Prophecy League a while so I'll take a look and see what I can come up with.

Also your assessment of fawkzz's Hideout DPS is correct, the screenshots I show are fully buffed. In the past I've not liked to show it because everyone's gear level and tree is different, and he can gain a lot from having stronger Rings/Amulet since they don't have both WED and Flat Phys on them. Otherwise his gear looks very solid.

@Balantakos: I may have to redo the videos going forward. For the very tanky version I was pulling to see how high of an effective life pool I could get, and that tree will yield the most in terms of defenses imo. The Raider that I respec'ed is much faster and might be more in line with what you are looking for.

@Teddymassaker41: It can be a good league starter, but I think that if you are trying to level solo, it can still be a pain. Best way to do this as a league starter is to level in a group. If you do go solo, you'll have to buy some things along the way, or craft your own weapon as you go, which can be done with a low level Tora and the Rustic Sash recipe on a bow. Still can be effective.

This is a good video for when you have leveling gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL84CETIFsM

And to answer the concerns about Uber Lab, I did try to address some of this in the Neversink thread (I have different approach than his build), start reading at Page 801:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989/page/801

In the middle of Page 802 I do an Uber Lab run with a 300 pDPS bow and a Tabula as a Raider. So this aligns with what I have done in past leagues, you need to move and shoot in Uber Lab, otherwise it is doable solo. Not recommended as a farmer though, some mods I even tend to avoid such as Conduits or Fonts as they can very dangerous for us.

If you intend on starting the league with this, spend what you can to afford a Death's Harp early on, and when you get to Dried Lake your first purchase should be Lioneye's Glare into a Tabula.

@skuadak: Well done on the Guardian kill. I actually think Chimera is fairly difficult, probably one of the harder ones overall. My preference is Minotaur > Phoenix > Chimera > Hydra, in order of difficulty.

Definitely try out the full conversion. It is a little harder for you since you are IR instead of Evasion so you could do some damage to yourself if you hit Reflect Mob. Otherwise, it is one of the best sources of damage.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Feb 26, 2017, 2:24:39 PM
for a starter build in legacy what build would you recommande? il probably go raider since i hate the flask spamming of pathfinder and the raider buff to frenzy charge generation on rare/unique seem interesting. this meen frenzy charge up 100% of the time and you can remouve blood rage especialy if you go vaal pacte.

i like having really hight hp (6k+) so your non tanky version afraid me (how much life this version can have?). your tanky non legacy flask version might be more interesting. il go vaal pact i guess since i probably wont have acuity glove until later...im still not sure what skill to use...im tierd of LA so definitly not but with TS...i could use it for aoe+single target and use koam heart instead of belly of the beast. if i do choose to go ice shot, il need belly for barrage.

its hard to choose when you dont know what will happen with the skill balance, threshold jewel and passive tree....if ice shot get buff, it might be interesting to use it and with the passive tree change, we might have a really different build especialy if they buff life. we might be able to get more life without any dps sacrifice. your version of traditional and tanky might completly change and not be optimal at all.

i really hope they show us the patch note soon. there so many balance change that its totaly worthless to plan a build atm :(

@zakariusqc: If I had my choice I'd go Raider. You can get Kraityn and +2 Frenzies to start off in the Tree, and 6 charges will be pretty damn good early on to get your damage through.

The Frenzy Charge sustain is pretty damn crazy, and yes, definitely a replacement for Blood Rage/VP. It's not an issue early on because you're not really running crazy maps, but the first Vulnerability + No Regen map you run, you will hate it.

With normal gears, and master crafted life values, + Belly of the Beast, you can sit on 5K pretty easily, and if you do path to Scion Life Wheel you can reach close to 6K.

And yeah, we will have to see in the revealed Passives what happens. I really do hope that with the cleanup of the nodes between Ranger and Shadow we may see some nicer pathing. And ofc if they do surprise us with some life adjustments, that's even better.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I'm sorry if I'll miss some point of acutal talk, but man, I love teh meme green bubbles so much, I've been waiting 2y for some1 mention them ;)

So, as selfdeclared expert on frenzy charges I'd love to throw my 3 alts here:
In 2.5 +1frenzy items were fairly cheap that was nice suprise. Unless someone insisted on gg ones ofc. But if you were fine with slight flaw or two, you could pick ammy for 1c+. Atziri steps with +1 were 5c+ iirc. Last time I bought a pair I had to spend few ex.
Last thing is that 9 or 10 or 10 or 11 charges doesnt make difference, so it's not worth to sacrifice anything relevant just for maxing this (I mean mostly corrupted darkrays which imo suck and corrupted atziri steps that are nice boots)

this_is_ott

Btw, I'm starting to like IR all over again so I'll take it one more time probably, but I'd rather not reccomend it.

From 1 side, with IR you can stand in front of pack of U. Evangelists, and tank everything that they spam at you. Tentalce Miscreation won't do shit to you too. And you can kill as many porcupines as close to you as you want :)
Heavy physical hits seem pretty upside down tho, in contrary to eva which either keeps you unscratched or 1-shooted, you rather gets almost killed every single time.And there is imo the least pleasant suprise, eva attacks suddenly hits like fucking truck. I was sure that this won't differ between eva and IR but it does big time.
Rest is same, 90% of your defence is kiting and heavy damage.
Unless you failed with getting your eva (and thats quite some number too). THen you as squishy as evasion based char, but you can't evade shit.

Seriously, all these flat stasts- accuracy, eva, armor are like that? that dsiplay you some totaly irrelevant "X% chance to work" number and just require you to get "some flat amount" every few tiers of content? I rember 8k evarmor and flicker strand boss couldnd do shit to me, with the same amount of 8k eva I barely tanked two leap slams of white goatmen at coves.

Last quetion: I just converted myself to 100% ele and cleared phys reflect terrace with boss with no issues at all. I like this but I have 1 problem. MY 6ls are 3b3g and 2b4g. I'd love to recolor to 1r2b3g to get as much damage from that ele setup as possible, but I wanna have possibility to run ele eflect maps too. And this is my isse, only red pure non ele damage support that is Iron Grip...with my whooping 100str it's would work as plug so I wouldn't have emply socket there. Other reds are Life leech, whch is totaly not neccassary and Stun. So what would be the best way to get max from ele setup but with current colors? All options are ok, even F. Attacks, I don't have sustain issues. I guess F. Proj. might be ok mayby and probaly that's it. Sadly I can't scale SA with AoE or DoT or anythig like this.

edit: Mayby I'll use cold or lighting penetration while ele?
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Feb 26, 2017, 6:19:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info